Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Lesson Learned?

  1. #1
    VIP DIY RickyBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Palm beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,480
    Fist Bumps
    2,777
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,438 Fist Bumps in 756 Posts
    Rep Power
    160

    Default Lesson Learned?

    Remember the beginning of last year and how bad our D was?

    Marshall got traded partly bc of his huge salary and his free agency classmate, Karlos Dansby, better be getting his ass in shape. If he comes in overweight to the point to where it he can't play to his abilities, he's as good as gone.

    And if fans were upset with the compensation we got in the Marshall trade, just what do you think we will get for him...

  2. #2
    Consume Me Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    25,610
    Fist Bumps
    4,018
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,634 Fist Bumps in 6,659 Posts
    Rep Power
    1090

    Default

    At that salary? Might have to be an outright cut. If the market for Marshall was that bad, I can't imagine a market would exist for Dansby at all. He's a good tackler and a sound play diagnoser (is that a word) but his lack of big plays makes him a tad over average in many eyes.
    Week TWELVE picks against the spread just added!
    TOUCHDOWN!...CHAMBERS!

  3. #3
    Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,830
    Fist Bumps
    930
    My Posts Inspired:
    916 Fist Bumps in 537 Posts
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    At that salary? Might have to be an outright cut. If the market for Marshall was that bad, I can't imagine a market would exist for Dansby at all. He's a good tackler and a sound play diagnoser (is that a word) but his lack of big plays makes him a tad over average in many eyes.
    What about that NFC playoff game? Nah but I think once he comes in and realizes he is going to be the Leader and mentor on this defense of unit he will step his play up and start having more games like the one against the skins'.

  4. #4
    Consume Me Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    25,610
    Fist Bumps
    4,018
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,634 Fist Bumps in 6,659 Posts
    Rep Power
    1090

    Default

    He made all kinds of plays for the Cardinals. But can you pinpoint one play he made for us? I remember he got a sack on the first series in the first game in Buffalo to force a punt. Needless to say, I expected to see him make a lot more plays like that but they just haven't shown up.
    Week TWELVE picks against the spread just added!
    TOUCHDOWN!...CHAMBERS!

  5. #5
    #CoachQueasy RoninFin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    11,920
    Fist Bumps
    3,590
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,368 Fist Bumps in 2,732 Posts
    Rep Power
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    He made all kinds of plays for the Cardinals. But can you pinpoint one play he made for us? I remember he got a sack on the first series in the first game in Buffalo to force a punt. Needless to say, I expected to see him make a lot more plays like that but they just haven't shown up.
    Biggest play I can think of with out Googling that Dansby has made for Miami would be stuffing Adrian Peterson on that 4th and Goal against the Vikings in 2010. He's a solid player, but at a high salary. I hope Coyle can get more out of him in this defense.

  6. #6
    Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,830
    Fist Bumps
    930
    My Posts Inspired:
    916 Fist Bumps in 537 Posts
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoninFin4 View Post
    Biggest play I can think of with out Googling that Dansby has made for Miami would be stuffing Adrian Peterson on that 4th and Goal against the Vikings in 2010. He's a solid player, but at a high salary. I hope Coyle can get more out of him in this defense.
    Oh man that goal line stand was amazing, remember how much hope we had starting 3-0 on the road.

  7. #7
    Got my back to the wall Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    21,993
    Fist Bumps
    11,621
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,461 Fist Bumps in 4,889 Posts
    Rep Power
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    He made all kinds of plays for the Cardinals. But can you pinpoint one play he made for us? I remember he got a sack on the first series in the first game in Buffalo to force a punt. Needless to say, I expected to see him make a lot more plays like that but they just haven't shown up.
    Did you forget about him intercepting Rex Grossman near the goal line when the Redskins were threatening to take the lead?

  8. #8
    Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,830
    Fist Bumps
    930
    My Posts Inspired:
    916 Fist Bumps in 537 Posts
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
    Did you forget about him intercepting Rex Grossman near the goal line when the Redskins were threatening to take the lead?
    yeah that's the game I was referring to, best all around game he has had since he's been here.

  9. #9
    Premium Member padre31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    inching to 100k posts
    Posts
    98,514
    Fist Bumps
    18,613
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,607 Fist Bumps in 20,687 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    2896

    Default

    I'd think so, simply because a new HC means competition all around, so guys will come into camp in shape.

    Even Dansby

    I find it funny that the players all said they loved Sparano, yet could not manage to work themselves into football condition during the lockout.

    Other teams managed, and fmr Vet Dolphins like AJ Duhe ripped the team for cramping up early in the yr.

  10. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to padre31 for a solid post:


  11. #10
    Is Water slickj101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15,709
    Fist Bumps
    2,701
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,629 Fist Bumps in 4,178 Posts
    Rep Power
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by padre31 View Post
    I'd think so, simply because a new HC means competition all around, so guys will come into camp in shape.

    Even Dansby

    I find it funny that the players all said they loved Sparano, yet could not manage to work themselves into football condition during the lockout.

    Other teams managed, and fmr Vet Dolphins like AJ Duhe ripped the team for cramping up early in the yr.
    As they should of been ripped, especially Dansby.

    I hope Wake gets those bastards in the weight room. This is as much his defense as anyone's imo.

    I also think that the better the defense is in general, the more opportunities Dansby will have to make those big plays. Not that concerned with him really.
    Silence



    It's ******* Golden.

  12. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to slickj101 for a solid post:


  13. #11
    Premium Member padre31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    inching to 100k posts
    Posts
    98,514
    Fist Bumps
    18,613
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,607 Fist Bumps in 20,687 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    2896

    Default

    Dansby has experience in the 4-3 as well, and imo, was not the problem on Defense

    Lack of that #2 passrusher had Odrick playing DE, and exposed an already weak secondary.

  14. #12
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    61,912
    Fist Bumps
    19,960
    My Posts Inspired:
    23,340 Fist Bumps in 11,847 Posts
    Rep Power
    1993

    Default

    The first non voluntary strength and conditioning programs have begun, let's hope Dansby gets what it means to be a true leader of a defense..thus far he has not..

  15. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    524
    Fist Bumps
    75
    My Posts Inspired:
    70 Fist Bumps in 47 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i was under the impression that burnet and dansby were garbage for the first 7 games. wether it be the lock out or whatever, dansby was def dragging ass through those first 7 games.

  16. This Member gave dsteve a FIST BUMP for this post:


  17. #14
    17-0...Priceless Larryfinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left SFL, but never the Fins...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    15,730
    Fist Bumps
    7,033
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,967 Fist Bumps in 2,505 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    393

    Default

    Well, the oddball thing is that Henne and the offense came out on fire and the D had to catch up. But Henne had his guys together for practices. All the bad-mouthing the kid took and he's the one who acts like the veteran and gets himself and his team mates into practices but our other veteran leaders....don't....

  18. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Larryfinfan for a solid post:


  19. #15
    Season Ticket Holder djphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    61,912
    Fist Bumps
    19,960
    My Posts Inspired:
    23,340 Fist Bumps in 11,847 Posts
    Rep Power
    1993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larryfinfan View Post
    Well, the oddball thing is that Henne and the offense came out on fire and the D had to catch up. But Henne had his guys together for practices. All the bad-mouthing the kid took and he's the one who acts like the veteran and gets himself and his team mates into practices but our other veteran leaders....don't....
    like Padre said, if the coach truly had the teams respect and attention there wouldn't of been the issues that happened to us the first 7 games..He got it back midsession and made them play hard but he fell short ultimately in the leadership dept..

    Its why in my philosophy of acquiring talent in this modern area, Iam not signing or drafting anyone who doesn't have the intelligence to know how to take care of their bodies year round, and Who don't understand the importance of it, and the responsibility of it when you are a professional athlete or highly projected draft pick.

    If you don't follow this philosophy you wind up with Ronnie brown..

  20. #16
    Season Ticket Holder ChrisKo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,191
    Fist Bumps
    957
    My Posts Inspired:
    800 Fist Bumps in 405 Posts
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    Oh man that goal line stand was amazing, remember how much hope we had starting 3-0 on the road.
    I remember Barbie Carpenter standing AP up on the 3rd down rush play. Most physical play that guy has ever made in the NFL.

  21. #17
    'Parcells' Guy miamiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,100
    Fist Bumps
    725
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,197 Fist Bumps in 510 Posts
    Rep Power
    109

    Default

    Dansby is owed to much $$$ to just disgard

    dead cap money for years and years

    2012 cap hit...$12,800,000
    2013 cap hit...$10,500,000
    2014 cap hit...$13,050,000
    2015 UFA

  22. #18
    Is Water slickj101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    15,709
    Fist Bumps
    2,701
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,629 Fist Bumps in 4,178 Posts
    Rep Power
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    Dansby is owed to much $$$ to just disgard

    dead cap money for years and years

    2012 cap hit...$12,800,000
    2013 cap hit...$10,500,000
    2014 cap hit...$13,050,000
    2015 UFA
    I don't think anyone's disregarding it, but I can't see him not being one of the biggest beneficiaries of an improved secondary and another pass-rusher.

    Either way, we have to at least give him this season so there's not much to talk about yet.
    Silence



    It's ******* Golden.

Similar Threads

  1. Excellent W..Have we learned a lesson?
    By djphinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  2. Drunk History Lesson
    By BigDogsHunt in forum Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM
  3. A near tragedy...and a lesson learned.
    By Pagan in forum Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 04:22 PM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •