Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackmon Could Happen

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    194 Fist Bumps in 83 Posts

Default Blackmon Could Happen

If Cleveland stays put, Rams may gamble that Cleveland takes Richardson and TB wants Claiborne. We could package our first and the bears third maybe even both bears thirds and swap with TB to get Blackmon. This would equal Marshall for Blackmon straight up. TB could still get Claiborne at 8

I hate trading away picks but that trade would make sense to me. To me they are found picks.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,274 Fist Bumps in 1,918 Posts

I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    I don't think it's in Ireland's DNA to draft a WR in the 1st round though.
    STEPHEN ROSS:
    The World's Dumbest Billionare

ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Stitches's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,900 Fist Bumps in 8,068 Posts
    Blog Entries

I really like Blackmon, but I'm not trading up for anyone from 8. I'd "settle" for Floyd without parting with a pick.
    2014 Dream Draft as of 5/7
    19- Allen Robinson, WR, PSU
    50- Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada
    71- Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    112- Preston Brown, ILB, Louisville
    143- Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue
    174- Kevin Pamphile, OT, Purdue

4. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to Stitches for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,191 Fist Bumps in 4,698 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd love Blackmon if he is available at #8 but I'd rather trade back into the teens and select Fleener or Floyd while acquiring more picks than trade up and lose picks.
    The species: Boshosaurus rex (rex meaning "king" in Latin). The B. rex lived throughout what is now western North America, which then was an island continent named Laramidia. In the year 1984 scientists were able to use the DNA of the B.Rex to create a human dinosaur hybrid. He would be named Christopher Wesson Bosh. .

6. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to Alex44 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,090 Fist Bumps in 976 Posts
    Blog Entries

You've got too much time on your hands. I recommend a martial arts class.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

8. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to smahtaz for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Blackmon in first fleener in second. A long shot but man would that be wicked?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex44 View Post
    I'd love Blackmon if he is available at #8 but I'd rather trade back into the teens and select Fleener or Floyd while acquiring more picks than trade up and lose picks.
    Normally I'd agree but,
    1. Blackmon is gonna be special, IMO
    2. If we do what the OP suggests, we're using a "bonus" pick anyway.
    STEPHEN ROSS:

Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz Ultimate Cheesy Shape Shooter Champion Table tennis Champion Cards 'n Chips Champion Word Buster 2 Champion Life Turn Champion The Feeder Champion Killcode: Red Bowls Jelly Champion International IQ Test Champion Hungry Dino Champion pennphinfan's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,521 Fist Bumps in 1,321 Posts

Look at what washington gave up to move from 6 to 2. Do you really think TB would take just a third for us to move from 8 to 5? No way. Theyll want at least a 2nd maybe two or more

12. This Member gave pennphinfan a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post
    Look at what washington gave up to move from 6 to 2. Do you really think TB would take just a third for us to move from 8 to 5? No way. Theyll want at least a 2nd maybe two or more
    They overpaid because of RG3. The Rams knew what they had and bent Shanny over.

14. This Member gave JMORGAN6977 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PSG View Post
    Normally I'd agree but,
    1. Blackmon is gonna be special, IMO
    2. If we do what the OP suggests, we're using a "bonus" pick anyway.
    1) I don't disagree but I see him as a top 10-15 receiver, not top 5. Which is what it would take me to trade up for a WR in a scheme that doesn't really require a dominant #1

2)It may be a bonus pick but it is still our bonus pick that can be turned into a solid player (Possibly a starting RT or a decent pass rushing end) instead of just one player.

In my dream world we acquire Fleener at TE and Streeter at WR. Having watched him at Miami I can tell you this kid is going to be SPECIAL given the right coaching. Then use our extra pick (picks if we trade down into the teens) to acquire a guy we have confidence in at RT and/or DE.
    The species: Boshosaurus rex (rex meaning "king" in Latin). The B. rex lived throughout what is now western North America, which then was an island continent named Laramidia. In the year 1984 scientists were able to use the DNA of the B.Rex to create a human dinosaur hybrid. He would be named Christopher Wesson Bosh. .

16. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Alex44 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    16,697 Fist Bumps in 9,280 Posts
    Blog Entries

At 8 I want:
    1. Tannehill
    2. Coples
    3. Trade down and get more picks

I do not want:
    1. Trade up
    2. Weeden
    3. Defensive players not named Coples or OL. Im betting this is what we end up with though

Its good to see John Jerry back out there. Hes been on vacation, hanging out in the air conditioning, sucking down Gatorade and relaxing while the rest of us have been working.---Richie Incognito

18. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to Boik14 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

1) I don't disagree but I see him as a top 10-15 receiver, not top 5. Which is what it would take me to trade up for a WR in a scheme that doesn't really require a dominant #1

2)It may be a bonus pick but it is still our bonus pick that can be turned into a solid player (Possibly a starting RT or a decent pass rushing end) instead of just one player.

In my dream world we acquire Fleener at TE and Streeter at WR. Having watched him at Miami I can tell you this kid is going to be SPECIAL given the right coaching. Then use our extra pick (picks if we trade down into the teens) to acquire a guy we have confidence in at RT and/or DE.
    You know I could live with just about anything but Tanny at 8. The guy is going to be under a microscope, and he really does not have what it takes to start day 1 not even year 1. If we stay at 8 and take BPA I am good. If we trade down to the teens and get Fleener or Floyd Im good. If we trade down twice and get Tanny or Weeden in the end of round 1, I'm ok with that too because we will have a ton of picks to throw against the wall. Reaching for Tanny I will puke!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Boik14 View Post
    At 8 I want:
    1. Tannehill
    2. Coples
    3. Trade down and get more picks

I do not want:
    1. Trade up
    2. Weeden
    3. Defensive players not named Coples or OL. Im betting this is what we end up with though
    I can live with Coples

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMORGAN6977 View Post
    You know I could live with just about anything but Tanny at 8. The guy is going to be under a microscope, and he really does not have what it takes to start day 1 not even year 1. If we stay at 8 and take BPA I am good. If we trade down to the teens and get Fleener or Floyd Im good. If we trade down twice and get Tanny or Weeden in the end of round 1, I'm ok with that too because we will have a ton of picks to throw against the wall. Reaching for Tanny I will puke!
    Yeah I'm not a fan of Tannenhill. I see him as a product of people wanting to find a QB to believe in because the top two prospects will be going #1 and #2. Barkley didn't declare and that is the only reason Tannenhill is even being considered a first round talent. I think if he falls past us it is possible he falls all the way into the second round unless Cleveland really doesn't like McCoy the way they say they do.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    18,854 Fist Bumps in 9,965 Posts

we're not trading up for a receiver in the first. And I'd doubt we'd take Blackmon if Tannehill wasn't there and Justin was.
    Do you think you have what it takes to be a GM? Go here to find out more.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    6,460 Fist Bumps in 2,629 Posts

There is no way I'd trade up for Blackmon. He's a solid WR but he's not close to a Megatron or even Moss. He dominated college CB's, but he's not especially fast and his size is very disappointing (6'1, 207, 4.5+). It's not all about measurables, but I think he has a bigger "bust" risk (as a top 5 pick). A guy can still be a very good WR with his size ... but it's risky to make him top 10, imo.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul 13 View Post
    we're not trading up for a receiver in the first. And I'd doubt we'd take Blackmon if Tannehill wasn't there and Justin was.
    I agree.
    And why would we?
    We've got Brian Hartline as our #1 WR.
    STEPHEN ROSS:

25. This Member gave PSG a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    16,697 Fist Bumps in 9,280 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'm not a fan of Tannenhill. I see him as a product of people wanting to find a QB to believe in because the top two prospects will be going #1 and #2. Barkley didn't declare and that is the only reason Tannenhill is even being considered a first round talent. I think if he falls past us it is possible he falls all the way into the second round unless Cleveland really doesn't like McCoy the way they say they do.
    This is just not true imo. I like Barkley a ton but he really has nothing to do with why Tannehill is being considered a 1st rounder. Tannehill is considered a 1st rounder because:

- He has played in a legitimate pro style system and performed well. Plus Sherman was his HC so if we dont take him, that should either A) throw up the red flag, or B) we're trading back in to the late 1st to get him should he fall. I dont think that scenario is possible but I wont completely eliminate it.
    - He has displayed uncanny accuracy for a QB with such little (19 starts) college experience. I believe the exact number was 64 dropped passes last year, roughly 10% of his passes. Thats over 5 per game.
    - He has mobility which is something they love in WCO. Looks at all the good ones and they can all move even if they arent great scramblers in some cases like Montana or Favre. At best Rodgers, Vick, Steve Young, Jeff Garcia were all excellent in this offense. Its a timing based offense with a few different route trees and buying time in this offense buys you a lot of big plays if you keep your eyes downfield which Tannehill has show he can do.
    - He can identify defenses and displays good arm strength

This isnt to say he doesnt have his flaws like arc on his passes, deep accuracy, and slight of frame. However the frame is easily adjustable with adding another 10-15lbs of muscle. Deep Accuracy accounts for approximately 5-10% of passes. Hes not completely inaccurate in that area, it just needs improvement. His arc is probably the hardest thing to improve and something Chad Henne never really improved to the extent he needed to. It takes work but if a QB displays the kind of short and intermediate accuracy that Tanehill does I take him anyway and say hes worth the investment

Its good to see John Jerry back out there. Hes been on vacation, hanging out in the air conditioning, sucking down Gatorade and relaxing while the rest of us have been working.---Richie Incognito

27. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to Boik14 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Da 'Fins View Post
    There is no way I'd trade up for Blackmon. He's a solid WR but he's not close to a Megatron or even Moss. He dominated college CB's, but he's not especially fast and his size is very disappointing (6'1, 207, 4.5+). It's not all about measurables, but I think he has a bigger "bust" risk (as a top 5 pick). A guy can still be a very good WR with his size ... but it's risky to make him top 10, imo.
    Way less risky than Ryan Tannehill
    STEPHEN ROSS:

Got my back to the wall Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,077 Fist Bumps in 4,771 Posts

If you listened to Philbin's interview yesterday, you'd know that drafting an offensive lineman at 8 is a real possibility. He places a lot of importance on the O-Line in his offense and knows we have a hole to fill.

I do not think they'll reach for an O-Lineman though. My best guess would be Tannehill, Coples, or Blackmon if he's there. And I'd love any one of them.

30. This Member gave Rocky Raccoon a FIST BUMP for this post: