Thread: Dolphins | In talks with Jake Scott

Rusty Smith is back! Silverphin's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,466 Fist Bumps in 1,275 Posts

Default Dolphins | In talks with Jake Scott

Dolphins | In talks with Jake Scott
    Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:23:12 -0700

The Miami Dolphins are in contract negotiations with free-agent OG Jake Scott (Titans).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1qGofZUxa

I hope we land him.

Props L2G for the Sig and Gish (FAU) and HULKFish (Ronnie Brown) for the banners

Proud parent of the Dolphins' Fourth Round Pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, OG Shawn Murphy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    We aren't apologists. We're just sick of hearing one player receiving all the blame.

2. This Member gave Silverphin a FIST BUMP for this post:

Consume Me Asteroids Champion Valentine'em Champion Try To Escape Champion The Wizard's Boxes Champion Funny Sheep Champion Traffic City Champion ASCIIvader Champion Egg Drop Champion Asteroescape Champion car game, don't drink Champion The Platforms Game Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 3 Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 4 Champion Jorinapeka Champion Pair Mania - Japanese Champion FLIXED BALL Champion Jennifer Rose: Restaurant Love Champion Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,314 Fist Bumps in 6,541 Posts

Read earlier in Club that there was "mutal interest." Sounds like we've done a pretty good job shoring up the pitiful right side of the line with a massive upgrade from Carey to Scott and then from Colombo to Jerry, Murtha, Hicks, Cook or whoever wins that job.
    Week EIGHT picks against the spread just added!
    TOUCHDOWN!...CHAMBERS!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,293 Fist Bumps in 4,769 Posts
    Blog Entries

Like I've said before I would say this free agency period is a solid success if we are able to sign Scott.

We've upgraded the secondary with Marshall who should end up playing FS for us at least in passing situations. I believe Clemons will prove to be a VERY good SS as he will be able to use his natural athleticism to make plays and not have as much responsibility or have to make the reads he did at FS which slowed his play down. So I believe losing Bell is addition by subtraction. Then the addition of Scott would improve our offensive line play by miles as would a healthy Jake Long. Add in what I believe will be a more successful offense just based on coaching alone and that improves the defense as well by not having to lean so heavily upon them.

Yeah losing Brandon Marshall sucked and we didn't land a franchise QB in free agency (who really does though?) but overall I'm pretty happy with the moves we have made. Anticipating the draft.
    The species: Boshosaurus rex (rex meaning "king" in Latin). The B. rex lived throughout what is now western North America, which then was an island continent named Laramidia. In the year 1984 scientists were able to use the DNA of the B.Rex to create a human dinosaur hybrid. He would be named Christopher Wesson Bosh. .

5. These 9 users offered FIST BUMPS to Alex44 for a solid post:

Consume Me Asteroids Champion Valentine'em Champion Try To Escape Champion The Wizard's Boxes Champion Funny Sheep Champion Traffic City Champion ASCIIvader Champion Egg Drop Champion Asteroescape Champion car game, don't drink Champion The Platforms Game Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 3 Champion Pair Mania - Japanese 4 Champion Jorinapeka Champion Pair Mania - Japanese Champion FLIXED BALL Champion Jennifer Rose: Restaurant Love Champion Aqua4Ever04's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,314 Fist Bumps in 6,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alex44 View Post
    Like I've said before I would say this free agency period is a solid success if we are able to sign Scott.

We've upgraded the secondary with Marshall who should end up playing FS for us at least in passing situations. I believe Clemons will prove to be a VERY good SS as he will be able to use his natural athleticism to make plays and not have as much responsibility or have to make the reads he did at FS which slowed his play down. So I believe losing Bell is addition by subtraction. Then the addition of Scott would improve our offensive line play by miles as would a healthy Jake Long. Add in what I believe will be a more successful offense just based on coaching alone and that improves the defense as well by not having to lean so heavily upon them.

Yeah losing Brandon Marshall sucked and we didn't land a franchise QB in free agency (who really does though?) but overall I'm pretty happy with the moves we have made. Anticipating the draft.
    Nope. Didn't land franchise quarterback. Fire Ireland.

Week EIGHT picks against the spread just added!
    TOUCHDOWN!...CHAMBERS!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    36 Fist Bumps in 25 Posts

I am not to familiar with the Tenn offensive line, which I believe that is where Scott comes from, but I do remember rumors (and I don't have a link it is just what I vaguely remember hearing during the season) that the reason CJ wasn't producing last year was because of the poor OL play.

Does anyone know if my memory serves me correctly; and, if so, is Scott one of the culprits who played poorly on that OL?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rdrunn004 View Post
    I am not to familiar with the Tenn offensive line, which I believe that is where Scott comes from, but I do remember rumors (and I don't have a link it is just what I vaguely remember hearing during the season) that the reason CJ wasn't producing last year was because of the poor OL play.

Does anyone know if my memory serves me correctly; and, if so, is Scott one of the culprits who played poorly on that OL?
    Chris Johnson struggled because he is an undersized back who dances around rather than making one cut and going, and defenses finally realized that they can over power the little guy and impose their will on him.

That said I can't speak for him as a run blocker but I know he was rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.
    The species: Boshosaurus rex (rex meaning "king" in Latin). The B. rex lived throughout what is now western North America, which then was an island continent named Laramidia. In the year 1984 scientists were able to use the DNA of the B.Rex to create a human dinosaur hybrid. He would be named Christopher Wesson Bosh. .

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Chris Johnson struggled because he is an undersized back who dances around rather than making one cut and going, and defenses finally realized that they can over power the little guy and impose their will on him.

That said I can't speak for him as a run blocker but I know he was rated the best pass blocking guard in the league.
    I would agree with that statement as I think that most of the blame for CJ's poor performance this year falls on him, but I do believe that any RBs success hinders to a certain degree on the play of their OL. If you have good OL play then most NFL RBs should perform well.

Glad to hear that Scott grades out well in pass blocking bc with the installation of the WCO in Miami that is very important. Thanks for the info and hopefully the staff can get him to sign.

The Miami Dolphins select UCF FINatic's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,712 Fist Bumps in 1,053 Posts

I think him missing camp hurt him a lot but still he is not a huge dancer like you implied.

Normally, if there is a hole he hits it, and hits it fast. His whole game is speed based though, if there aren't holes he can't get a bunch of "tough" yards.
    Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    6,375 Fist Bumps in 3,022 Posts

Doesn't really matter. He just about can't be a downgrade in run blocking and is certainly a pass blocking upgrade. Reggie averaged 5.0 YPC behind that piece of crap we threw out on the field so Scott will only help.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    ~Aristotle

12. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to CaribPhin for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UCF FINatic View Post
    I think him missing camp hurt him a lot but still he is not a huge dancer like you implied.

Normally, if there is a hole he hits it, and hits it fast. His whole game is speed based though, if there aren't holes he can't get a bunch of "tough" yards.
    I think he got more hesitant as the season moves on. Maybe because teams were stacking against the run but towards the end of the year he definitely wasn't the one cut runner he was the year before. I agree with what you said...if there is a hole he hits it. It is when the hole is small or he is trying to bounce outside that he tends to dance more. I think it has more to do with his stature than it does anything else. He knows he isn't running over anyone, when teams take good angles or plug his holes he gets in trouble.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    32,773 Fist Bumps in 13,324 Posts
    Blog Entries

Make it happen Irish!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,324 Fist Bumps in 3,860 Posts
    Blog Entries

Love to see this deal get done.

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

U Mad Miami?
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,788 Fist Bumps in 5,481 Posts
    Blog Entries

It would be a good move, the OL would be less of a worry going into the draft.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OrydD22.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=MonstBlitz;2232016]It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.[/QUOTE]

Is Water Tetris Champion Tetriz Bukan Teztiz Champion slickj101's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,585 Fist Bumps in 4,161 Posts

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

18. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to slickj101 for a solid post:

#FirePhilbin #BlowItUP RoninFin4's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,033 Fist Bumps in 2,617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    Read earlier in Club that there was "mutal interest." Sounds like we've done a pretty good job shoring up the pitiful right side of the line with a massive upgrade from Carey to Scott and then from Colombo to Jerry, Murtha, Hicks, Cook or whoever wins that job.
    Agreed Travis. Jake Scott would be a key signing for us. I also gleaned from that Club thread that Ireland said we need tackle depth. He mentioned Jerry, Garner, and Cook. I wonder if he's penciled in Lydon Murtha for the starting RT spot? It would align nicely with some of the posturing that CK and others have made from Mike Sherman's "hidden talent" comment. I suppose Richie Incognito isn't the worst they could do at left guard. Again. But I've got a hunch they'll target someone like Adam Gettis of Iowa. Athletic, quick, former wrestler I believe - so he's probably got really good balance. And WR coach Ken O'Keefe probably is pretty keen on whether or not he'd be a nice fit since he came from the Iowa staff. Nice 4th round option there.

20. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to RoninFin4 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,090 Fist Bumps in 976 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rdrunn004 View Post

According to this report he's started every game since 2005 and has only allowed 5 sacks and 12 QB hits in the last 4 years. It also goes on to say CJ averaged 4.7 ypc when running to his side. Looks like a significant upgrade to me.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt...,0,92983.story

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

22. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to smahtaz for a solid post:

Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    913 Fist Bumps in 534 Posts

Please get this deal done.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by smahtaz View Post
    According to this report he's started every game since 2005 and has only allowed 5 sacks and 12 QB hits in the last 4 years. It also goes on to say CJ averaged 4.7 ypc when running to his side. Looks like a significant upgrade to me.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt...,0,92983.story
    Great link smahtaz, that is exactly the type of analysis I was looking for when it comes to Scott.

25. This Member gave Rdrunn004 a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,796 Fist Bumps in 1,672 Posts

this is me > < holding my breath...

Starter
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    65 Fist Bumps in 48 Posts

I'm skeptical about this guy. That article indicated he may have to compete with Rex Hadnot. The same Rex that was ok while he was here. I still want DeCastro on this team. Now that is a clear upgrade and our O-line will be banging!! I can't get off the DeCastro bandwagon ever since a fellow forum member shed some light on him.

28. This Member gave mracer a FIST BUMP for this post: