Thread: No Offense To The Ladies Here - But I Just Have To Shake My Head At My Girlfriend

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,844 Fist Bumps in 6,459 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default No Offense To The Ladies Here - But I Just Have To Shake My Head At My Girlfriend

Actually naging me to not type this as I try to.

She just spent a half hour alternately asking me to fix the toilet, shooing me away telling me "I want to figure it out!" (like it's a hobby or game not just a toilet to get fixed), and then once it was working, messing with it again til it wasn;t working so she could go through the whole thing again.

Then get upset at me when I asked why she was so interested in playing with the toilet for a half hour when there was no need (I fixed it twice in less than five minutes and she kept wanting to open it up again and poke at things).

I don;t mind so much when she involves only herself in her craziness, but when she enlists me, then gets annoyed at me for actually solving the problem she asked me to solve and not letting her un-fix it... it's kind of exasperating.

My theory is this: we watched the movie Hugo right before that and she felt like fixing something mechanical like the characters in the movie.

Okay, rant done. (And toilet still working, but girlfriend being pissy at me for me being honest)
    "Dennis Hickey has been spent eight years eighteen years with the Tampa Bay Bucs starting at the top at the bottom
    I should say of their personnel department and rising to be the Director of Player Personnel"

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,728 Fist Bumps in 1,709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bpk View Post

She just spent a half hour alternately asking me to fix the toilet, shooing me away telling me "I want to figure it out!" (like it's a hobby or game not just a toilet to get fixed), and then once it was working, messing with it again til it wasn;t working so she could go through the whole thing again.

Then get upset at me when I asked why she was so interested in playing with the toilet for a half hour when there was no need (I fixed it twice in less than five minutes and she kept wanting to open it up again and poke at things).

I don;t mind so much when she involves only herself in her craziness, but when she enlists me, then gets annoyed at me for actually solving the problem she asked me to solve and not letting her un-fix it... it's kind of exasperating.

My theory is this: we watched the movie Hugo right before that and she felt like fixing something mechanical like the characters in the movie.Okay, rant done. (And toilet still working, but girlfriend being pissy at me for me being honest)

If she's prone to ideas from movie's, Linda Lovelace did a great one. Just sayin.
    Also tell her to leave the seat up if she want's to fix the toilet.

3. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to Den54 for a solid post:

where ever there is a pat range withing squirting range of my pistol
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,598 Fist Bumps in 1,532 Posts
    Blog Entries

I reccomend you undo what you fixed right before you leave the house for the day that way she can spend all day trying to figure it out on her own in between trips to the gas station bathroom.

5. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to shula_guy for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    17,312 Fist Bumps in 8,106 Posts

...have her watch Deepthroat.

You're welcome.

I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,249 Fist Bumps in 5,545 Posts

there are ladies here?

8. This Member gave Dol-Fan Dupree a FIST BUMP for this post:

Bpk

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    30,683 Fist Bumps in 12,569 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why is your toilet in the kitchen?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    945 Fist Bumps in 601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SICK View Post
    Why is your toilet in the kitchen?
    I lol'd in front of my wife....had to explain...whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to Laces Out for a solid post:

Defender of the Truth The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,489 Fist Bumps in 2,136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bpk View Post

My theory is this: we watched the movie Hugo right before that and she felt like fixing something mechanical like the characters in the movie.

Okay, rant done. (And toilet still working, but girlfriend being pissy at me for me being honest)
    Ok in ALL seriousness...I learned this about women a long time ago, and wished I had learned it earlier in life. Would have saved many nights of utter confusion...

Women hardly ever want me to "fix" anything...problems at work, problems with friends, etc...they just want men sometimes to just LISTEN!!! So with the situation as you explained it, it seems she didn't want you to fix it, but wanted to fix it herself, but with you there as say a..U Fix It Repairman's Guide. My wife's the SAME way....ALWAYS trying to fix something. Used to drive me nuts when we were first together, now...I use it as bonding time if you will.

When my wife is fixing something and she's having a hard time...but she just won't give up, I'll stand there and watch her...see what's wrong and then I start asking her questions..."did you check this?" "I wonder....what about that? Do you think that might work?" And even if she goes WAAAAAY off base on the suggestion I just planted in her mind...as long as it doesn't BREAK anything, I let her go with it.

And when she does fix soemthing...something she's never done before, I definitely make it a point to tell her what a great job she did and how proud I am of her.

Yea, I know..sucking up to the wife...but if it keeps the peace and helps make her feel good about herself, I'm more likely to get something I want in the end

Don't get upset with her. Just remember, she's person too and wanting to do things for herself also.

13. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to The_Dark_Knight for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    30,683 Fist Bumps in 12,569 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Ok in ALL seriousness...I learned this about women a long time ago, and wished I had learned it earlier in life. Would have saved many nights of utter confusion...

Women hardly ever want me to "fix" anything...problems at work, problems with friends, etc...they just want men sometimes to just LISTEN!!! So with the situation as you explained it, it seems she didn't want you to fix it, but wanted to fix it herself, but with you there as say a..U Fix It Repairman's Guide. My wife's the SAME way....ALWAYS trying to fix something. Used to drive me nuts when we were first together, now...I use it as bonding time if you will.

When my wife is fixing something and she's having a hard time...but she just won't give up, I'll stand there and watch her...see what's wrong and then I start asking her questions..."did you check this?" "I wonder....what about that? Do you think that might work?" And even if she goes WAAAAAY off base on the suggestion I just planted in her mind...as long as it doesn't BREAK anything, I let her go with it.

And when she does fix soemthing...something she's never done before, I definitely make it a point to tell her what a great job she did and how proud I am of her.

Yea, I know..sucking up to the wife...but if it keeps the peace and helps make her feel good about herself, I'm more likely to get something I want in the end

Don't get upset with her. Just remember, she's person too and wanting to do things for herself also.
    lol good one.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    183 Fist Bumps in 121 Posts

never had a girlfriend... so i don't know...

U Mad Miami?
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    10,788 Fist Bumps in 5,481 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerx View Post
    we gotta get you laid brah.
    http://i.imgur.com/OrydD22.png

Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

17. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to Frumundah Finnatic for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,022 Fist Bumps in 1,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerx View Post
    step 1: cut a hole in the box.

19. These 6 users offered FIST BUMPS to McLovin for a solid post:

where ever there is a pat range withing squirting range of my pistol
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,598 Fist Bumps in 1,532 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    step 1: cut a hole in the box.

21. This Member gave shula_guy a FIST BUMP for this post:

Bpk

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,808 Fist Bumps in 1,359 Posts

If she is upset, just buy her a gift. It always works. Just take my advice and DON'T buy her a watch. They hate them as gifts because there is usually a clock on the stove.

23. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Tone_E for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,237 Fist Bumps in 359 Posts

Is your girlfriend anything like this ?

25. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to TheColossus for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    17,312 Fist Bumps in 8,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheColossus View Post
    One can only hope her abortions have made her barren. Couldn't imagine that woman raising children... successfully.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,844 Fist Bumps in 6,459 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

Incredible insight, Dark Knight! Thanks, bud! I wish I'd known this ten years ago!

The irony is... today she came home and announced she is 'coming on' and has PMS. She then used the toilet, and got annoyed that it was refilling for too long so she (guess what) started banging the handle. she took off the top. Fiddled around inside as she swore, all agitated. (Not sure why, the toilet was refilling as it should). And then she announced, "Oops, something snapped. I snapped the plastic thing inside. Now it won;t flush."

What is it with this woman and sabotaging the toilet?

She wanted me to call the plumber. Guess what? No way. I gave HER the number to do it.

Not sure it's worth fixing, as she'll probably just mess with it again. Is anyone here able to interpret this? I know that in dreams different things symbolize stuff... but in real life, what does it symbolize when your woman has a fixation with repeatedly 'breaking' the toilet by 'fixing it'. lol. This is so insane.
    "Dennis Hickey has been spent eight years eighteen years with the Tampa Bay Bucs starting at the top at the bottom
    I should say of their personnel department and rising to be the Director of Player Personnel"

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    6,043 Fist Bumps in 3,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheColossus View Post

this chick is shot. 9 mile minute? horrendous.