1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Allen to the Patriots....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 21, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    is Bell next?

2. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    and Hartline has some fun with it...

brandon27, Sleepy, Bulldog and 4 others like this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    too bad, I really like Will Allen, now I have to root for him to fail miserably.

4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Based on what I recall seeing from him last year, I like the acquisition on the part of the Patsies. :wink2:

Of course, knowing Billicheat, he's just as likely have a come back type of season and give me even more reason to hate the Evil Empire. :pity:

Fin D likes this.
  5. jldolfan

jldolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    This is the exact problem with the way Miami approaches free agency. Miami has had opportunity after opportunity to at the very least fill some holes with decent free agents and we do nothing. Bilacheat see a need he fills it. What have they signed, 3 wide recievers, a couple of d-backs, d-lineman? What do we do nothing! I'm not saying we need to go nuts or anything but a little aggression would be nice. Why the hell should we loose out on Mark Anderson to Buffalo of all places. Has anyone ever been to Buffalo? It's the boil on the *** of the earth and we can't get one player that represents 10 sack to sign with us. Somethings wrong with this picture!

6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    In regards to the Pats, they've been the model of not addressing their needs. They need starting CBs, and Will Allen isn't really one. He's depth. They need passrushers, and haven't signed any. In fact they've lost their best passrusher to the Bills.

In regards to why players go to the Bills, it comes down to money. They're willing to pay more than anyone else for these guys. I certainly wouldn't take Anderson for as much as Buffalo paid. JMO.

7. jldolfan

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    All I'm trying to say is the Pat's are at least somewhat aggesive in filling needs, no they haven't filled every need but signing Will Allen does address depth which they lacked last season with Eddleman playing d-back. They at the least make a move, we do not. Did anyone read Buaniconti's statement as to the state of the Phin's? I really couldn't agree more. Here's the link

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    In years past, for the most part, they haven't. Not through free agency.

In fact they are known for letting their good players go and not replacing them.

9. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    They can have them both.

10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Will Allen is 100 years old...at least he plays like he is. They can have him!

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    maybe you should take a look at last year's key acquisitions for the patsies that the CL club was complaining about: Haynesworth and Ochostinko. how'd that work out?

12. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    This doesn't make any sense, just seems like another vent from the FIREland brigade. Who says we lost Anderson? he's a bum...

13. jldolfan

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    Anderson fills a need and he had 10 sacks last year. He could have at the very least taken Taylors place and maybe contributed 7 sacks. This isn't a fire Ireland rant, but if we would make just one bold move, say sign Winston. He would have filled a glaring need and even if we had to over pay just a little it would viewed as a positive, appeasing the fan base and calling off the media dogs for awhile.

14. rtl1334

rtl1334 New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Yup maybe we'll just spend to the cap this year and tell the likes of Moore, Bush, Hartline, Long, Starks, Wake, Smith and even Davis that we have no cap room to extend their contracts.

Man some of you guys think building a team is like playing a video game.

15. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

If the model of not addressing needs means going to the Superbowl every-other-year for a decade I'll take that model.

Puka-head likes this.
  16. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I really respect Will Allen as a pro. I hope he plays well there.

17. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

x2
    [​IMG]

18. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I always liked Will Allen. I wish him well, except against us. :)

19. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Yet for not addressing their needs they have amassed
    a 114 wins and 30 losses over the past 9 years

I can only pray we don't address our needs like the Patriots

20. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Oh please. How on earth did Ocho Cinco and Hansworth fill any holes for the Pats last year?

21. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    Personally I think Allen played pretty well last year. Had a few break downs in coverage but was pretty good takler and all round. Take him over Carrol and Wilson at this point in a heart beat......considering overall consistency and leadership. With him and Bell gone it takes away almost all of our veteran leadership and experience in our secondary. I hate the Pats as much as anyone but they know how to fill holes with underrated/cheap personnel and usually have success. Funny because we always cut people and Pats sign them and they are successful 90% of the time.....only thing I take from it is we often are looking for upgrades that aren't there

22. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    will allen was old and coming off a big knee injury. his best days are behind him. gotta realize we're rebuilding and i think this new staff is going to do it through the draft.

expect atleast 2-3 yrs of at best being 8-8.

23. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Good luck Allen. Across enemy lines.

24. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

I guess you missed the part where we signed Richard Marshall, which made Allen expendable.

25. jldolfan

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    No I got that! From all I've read about him he's better suited for safety than n-corner, which Allen played pretty well.
    Plus I'm biased toward Allen because I'm from "Cuse"

26. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    You should really only hope that we become lucky enough to have a 6th round QB emerge into a HOFer. Whats that model called?

27. jldolfan

Mar 23, 2008
    Greensboro, NC
    Freakin lucky!

28. jeremy2020

jeremy2020 Active Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Actually that contract isn't bad at all. It's four years for 27.5 million, but only 8 million is guaranteed and he is only getting ten million in the first two years. So it really is more like a 2 year contract for ten million with an option for 2 more at 8.75 a year. It seems like a two year, 10 million contract could have been matched or beat.

29. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    He can have a reunion w/ Wesley Wanker and sit on the sidelines looking across the field, wondering what it would be like to play on a championship team.
    Nothing personal Will Allen. Best of luck beating the jesters.

Go to the Steelers Bullfrog you were one of my favorite dolphins for years. Don't make me curse you by playing for the darkness and despair of NY.

30. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Still high for a situational player