1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signing FA's

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by whatsburning, Mar 21, 2012.

1. whatsburning

whatsburning Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Honoruru
    Confused here...

How come when the talk of Manning to Miami was hot, everyone thought it would bring Saturday, Clark, and Wayne as well. Back then, it was like, "Yeah, put Saturday at C, move Pouncey to RG, Clark will be great on two TE sets, and Wayne will fill in with Marshall to take double teams away."

Now, we don't even sniff Saturday, even though our OL is still unproven on the rt side, Clark is too old, and Wayne resigned with Colts. Was familiarity the only positive to these players that even though we didn't get Manning, we don't/didn't even consider them?

Alex44 likes this.
  2. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I really wish we'd have signed Winston. He would have been a great addition for our OL. Waiting on Manning might have cost us on signing him.

sws84 likes this.
  3. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I think he intended on KC all along and used Miami for leverage.

finsbuck719 likes this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I actually really like this thread.

I never wanted Clark but I still wouldn't mind Saturday for a one year deal if he is available (haven't heard of him signing). I think Pouncey is probably best suited to play guard and could become one of the best in the league given time and the right system due to his athleticism.