1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peter King's thoughts on Jeff Ireland

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Mk2, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Ireland is having a bad start to the week. On the heels of Ryan Clark ripping Irleand on twitter, here are King's thoughts

Jeff Ireland. In the history of NFL general managers, Ireland is on the coldest streak ever. He needs to do something right. He doesn't even need to hit a home run. A seeing-eye single would do. That may make him more aggressive on Smith today -- and it may make Smith more inclined to go somewhere I don't think he really wants to go.Miami looks like the worst team in the AFC East right now. Would Smith rather rub it in 49er GM Trent Baalke's face and run off to a bad team, and would he rather pray for Manning to pick Tennessee or Denver, enabling Smith to go back to where he has the best chance by far of making a Super Bowl run? Ireland may have to do what he loathes -- overspend for an OK player -- just to deodorize the stink of the last few years in Miami.

Entire article herehttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/19/signings/index.html?xid=cnnbin

2. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    !!Conspiracy!! the media is against the Dolphins.

The stink is not going away.

3. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010

I laughed and cried when i saw your signature... Its so true.

4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Worse - his salient thoughts on the Dolphins as a whole:

I am fed up with this team and Ross is a disaster as is Ireland.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    THIS is what i have feard so much and now i am sick of Ireland .Mr Ross better fire Ireland before we start having draft pics holding out so they dont have to come here.

Nobody wants t think negative but the truth is getting uglier by the day and some fin fans seem hell benton defending Ireland . Ryan Clark tweeted about Mat flynn not wanting to come here and I think if Ireland wasnt a horible gm Philbin could have gotten his players. there is no way Miami shoul be getting the negative vibes that it currently is getting. if nobody wants to come here then how do we expect to improve?

6. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Did you bother to read the post you quoted? 95% of it is pre-Ireland /Ross

Fin D likes this.
  7. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Now we will trade for Tebow and the cycle continues.

8. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    The problem is that the 5% they have done in the past 3 years kills anything positive with current FA. They have created a perception based on their antics and actions....perceptions that are brutal to overcome.

9. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Starting quarterbacks, minimum four starts (13): Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, A.J. Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon(!), Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne and now, evidently, Matt Moore. Unless they sign Alex Smith this morning, and if so, Smith would be in line to be the 14th starting quarterback in the last 11 seasons.
    Offensive coordinators (seven): Norv Turner, Chris Foerster, Scott Linehan, Mike Mularkey, Dan Henning, Brian Daboll and now Mike Sherman.
    Defensive coordinators (six): Jim Bates, Richard Smith, Dom Capers, Paul Pasqualoni, Mike Nolan and now Kevin Coyle.
    The most bizarre moves, and aftermaths, of the last decade of Miami Dolphins football -- actually, decade plus 11 days,

this is the unacceptable factor and if you GUS F. JOEY HARRINGTON AND 2ND QBS THAT HAD TO SART THEN THE QB LIST GROWS.