1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Moore...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Moves, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Considering ALL of the QB talk with this franchise and how we jump from one to another. We are settling one step lower every time. Would you guys really be that opposed to just letting Moore regain the starting spot and draft/sign all other positions around him?

He's not the answer, but if Alex Smith goes to the NFC Championship, no reason Moore can't help us get there. I just say quit the QB crying because it's so unbearable at this point; let Moore start; and draft to all of our other needs or we may start losing out on other players we should be shooting for.

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Quit the QB crying? You expect us to settle for a guy that even you admit is not the answer? Without a franchise QB teams have no shot. But you expect us as fans just to say, "Oh well, it's causing too much drama. Who cares if we can't win without one?"

Good luck with all that.

brandon27 likes this.
  3. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Alex Smith turned the ball over 7 times in 16 games (int + fumbles). M. Moore turned the ball over 15 times in 13 games.

No thanks on Moore. Can't carry a team and not all that good at managing a game either. Great backup though so hope he stays on the roster in that capacity.

Aquafin likes this.
  4. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Every other QB we're going for is "SETTLING" anyway. So what kind of response is that?

slickj101 likes this.
  5. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I started the off-season with 6 qbs that i would not mind starting next season: Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, Andre Luck, RG3, Ryan Tannehill, and Brandon Weeden. So far all but 3 are out of reach. I don't consider any of these options settling. So until all of them eliminated I'll reserve judgement. Sign Smith or not do anything(Moore) then face the wraith of my judgement.

smahtaz likes this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I like Moore & think we could have some success with him
    however
    Alex would be a good thing for Miami
    potentially
    he would be the Franchise QB that could lead us to a SuperBowl

hope they quickly close this deal before SF wakes up

7. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I don't even think Alex Smith holds himself in such high regard.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    May not even be the BEST Matt Moore in FL this year.

ukdolphin likes this.
  9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    This is the kind of attitude that allows people to foolishly believe that Fiedler was a good QB.

10. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    i am not sold on signing another backup. We already have one. We already have Moore so draft Tannehill or Weeden.

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I wouldn't have a problem with Matt Moore this season if they drafted the best QB they could get next month as well. I certainly don't think Alex Smith is any better.

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    same old ups & downs that go around & around, nowhere fast
    I think Ice Hockey & Soccer are good sports, always loved boxing

there is life beyond this perennial loser Dolphin Franchise
    think I'll take a break & check back in @ the beginning of pre-season

the only thing more ridiculous than watching this garbage strewn about the street is playing in it.
    I have reached the point with the dolphins that they will have to show me something to regain my attentions

it's all just become too ugly to bear, thank God Marshall got out, all the guy ever wanted to do is win
    :theman:Matt Moore

13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Matt Moore is not a bad QB. He actually has a lot of potential, and if we can get it to the point where he isn't laying on his back against every team with a decent pass rush I believe he can have success. He's tough, has a good arm and is willing to hang in the pocket and deliver the ball yet has the athletic ability to extend a play if needed.

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yeah.. Cuz moore worked our so well for us against teams that weren't actually somehow worst than us right? please.. Moore isn't the answer..

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Matt Moore never had an offseason to be prepped as the starter here.

Without looking at every fumble, I'm going to assume some were botched snaps, which is to be expected w/unfamiliarity.

16. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    All you people that are hoping for Alex Smith, have you watched his games or are you just looking at his stats & how far SF went last year?

17. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Do you look at everything within a tiny black and white box like this?

I guess Moore also played defense against those good teams, called plays and blocked the pass rushers. You don't look at players in a vacuum like that. The Patriots didn't beat a team with a winning record until the playoffs. Is Tom Brady not the answer either?

18. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    6-10 here we come.

19. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    all of those who wants matt Moore wouldnt know talent if it bopped you upside your heads. Matt Moore dose not have talent nor will he help us win a meaningful game so stop pretending that he is the savior Alex Smith is alot bettter then Moore and i will bet that Miami win win only 2 or 3 games if Moore is our qb.

so please stop with the anointment of Matt Moore as a great qb with potential potential doesnt win you playoff games. :angry::angry:

20. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    If Ryan was the ticket, he'd be here. Philbin revealed his belief in what he ultimately felt he was worth, and apparently it was comparable with a developing Alex Smith. No thanks.
    I don't want to settle with Smith for that matter , but I've no problem with picking him up cheap, to compete, and perhaps scholar whoever we DO plan to start( particularly if we draft a QB) if he just wants out of SF, where its likely Peyton has quietly targeted.

21. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Moore beats a recycle like Garrard , it's coming down to not having many other choices . If Manning signs with Titans is there any chance Dolphins can make a play for Locker?

22. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    Im actually gonna call you out here with your Moore Hate.

Mike Vick 2011

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    13 253 423 59.8 3,303 7.81 18 73 14 3 84.9

Matt Moore 2011

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
    13 210 347 60.5 2,497 7.20 16 65 9 9 87.1

With those stats pretty damn close, why dont you go look at who they played. Why dont you take all the stats Vick got from playing scrubs and deduct his totals. Why dont you give Matt Moore a shot with Andy Reid and his system, with those weapons and see what Moore does. Really if you can mount an argument based on this info I will agree that Matt Moore does not belong in a starting role. We are talking about comparing him to Mike Vick and the Eagles System..... Blow for Blow Matt Moore stacks up well against it especially with the crap Matt Moore had in coaching staff, system, and it was his first year starting in that new crappy system.

Moves and Matt Moore's #1 Fan like this.
  23. hitman

hitman Member

Mar 18, 2012
    NJ
    We can hope, but all things point to Hasselbeck being the odd man out if Manning signs with the Titans. Makes sense. They used a high pick on him and he looked like the part in limited action last year.

Now, would they trade him for the 8th pick in the draft? I think they'd listen if that were the case.

24. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Vick and the Eagles were not that good last year so not sure where your coming from. I'm merely just showing Moore stats minus 4 pretty cupcake teams to show his overall stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Whether you choose not to is fine by me.

25. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    The fact is that Vick with his talent and his weapons in a system he knew, put up those numbers equal to what Matt Moore put up coming in to start after the season began, with a new system, and sub par weapons.

We thought the dolphins were going to be good too so the fact that the Eagles were not that good last year does not mean a thing. They should have been. They both played similar strengths of schedule. I am just saying, the way you skewed the stats, to show Moore in a negative light really needed to be rebuffed as in all fairness, he was neck and neck with Vick. I think we all agree Vick is a legitimate starter.

26. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Seriously, a black and white box? Moore's numbers, against actually competitive teams, were pathetic last year, whether you want to admit it or not... a completion percentage in the 50's, significantly more turnovers than td's, int's and fumbles. It's got nothing to do with the plays called, those mishaps were on the QB alone. Tom brady... Matt Moore... give me a break... I'm not even going there. the difference in their play in every aspect is clear, why even bring it up. Please...

Here you go... in PhinsRDbest's sig (which I assume are correct)... Matt Moore's numbers against teams that didnt suck last year...

2 Wins 7 Losses 149 Comp 255 Att .58 Pct 1667 Yds 8 TDs 8 Ints 31 Scks 11 Fum 4 Lost

You want him to lead this team again this year... this time without Marshall?

Yikes...

27. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    And his stats are just as skewed in positive light when the games he excelled in were played against teams most qbs in the league would have had similar results in.

28. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Neither Moore nor Smith is very good. Moore is cheaper. So, let's keep him, draft a good QB and hope for better things next year.

29. Matt Moore's #1 Fan

Matt Moore's #1 Fan New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    The Panthers had Jake Delhomme in his second year he took them to the Super Bowl.

30. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I like Moore the best out of the QB options available right now, but if they go with Moore they have to draft a QB. Heck, they really should draft one even if they get Smith and/or Garrard.

31. Omaha

Omaha Season Ticket Holder

Dec 2, 2007
    if they don't get Tannehill or Weeden it is a wasted season.
    No QB no future. Alex Smith has had what 5 years to prove himself. Another OK QB.
    so if you want an OK team here it is.

Sign Anderson at DE, draft Tannehill or Weeden and maybe we have a shot.
    If Denver gets Manning and we pick up Tebow that may be the incompetence straw that breaks this camel's back.

32. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    I tend to put my faith in the professionals. If Matt Moore is the big plan for Philbin, than he sees some upside and hidden talent. All I did was point out that Mike Vick had similar numbers. Black and white? Is there any other color to see stats? Are you saying I cant say Moore had a comparable season to Mike Vick as they played pretty much the same strength of schedule. Would you not expect more of Vick? In light of Vick's (black and whites) wouldn't you expect lesser results from Matt Moore as bad as you say he is?

You guys are slamming a guy by skewing numbers and not encompassing the body of work under the situations. That's not a fair assessment.

33. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not always, imo MMoore is a fine Qb BUT he is not the driver of a team type of Qb, if we stick with him we MUST add firepower to the offense, asking MMoore to just take shots deep down the field is not a winning approach.

Moves likes this.
  34. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    EXACTLY Padre! This is the complete truth. Not one person here, including myself, believes Matt Moore is the answer. But, if you put other pieces in place around him, and Philbin and the new coaches put a gameplan that fits the team in place, then Matt Moore, I believe, could excel. No question.

Once again, Matt Moore is not the answer, but strengthening the hell out of the D, grabbing some kind of playmaker or 2 on offense (maybe Gates beasts it up this year), and shoring up the OLine beyond belief, could make Matt Moore part of the equation, not necessarily the answer.

35. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I THINK MMoore could be the answer at Qb, he has the guts and approach to win ball games, the problem is no one knows if he can throw the ball 50+ times per gm and have success, so far imo he is more like a 30 attempts type of Qb.

Foolish to rely on Gates doing anything at all, 2 receptions? In the modern NFL rook Wr's can have an instant impact, so that said, add some pieces to the offense.

My goodness pats signed B Lloyd for 3 yrs 12 million, surely we can find someone.

36. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    I am not relying on Gates, just hypothetically saying that you really never know. Out of all positions, I think WR is where unknown's can randomly shine. Based on how often I will pick up a WR on waivers in fantasy and see them turning into a stud. :tongue2:

37. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach

He more than likely is not. But, it's pretty stupid to spend $$$ and/or picks on another backup. moore already is a backup and costs us no more. the draft tannehill or Weeden.

38. ukdolphin

ukdolphin New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    London
    I really like Matt Moore, I was even on the verge of buying his jersey last season and I'd be wearing it right now if it wasn't for this year's switch to Nike.

Those last few games were the first time a Dolphins QB had excited and entertained me since around Henne's first start against the Jets in 2009.

On the whole his stats were fantastic last season and he had a lot of confidence for a guy who had a pretty poor track record. At the end of the season I was all for Matt Moore as the starter in 2012, but all the talk of new QBs so far in the offseason made me forget what I actually thought at the time. Maybe Matt Moore is the man.

39. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Stick with Moore. Draft WR at 8. Trade up to get Weeden.

40. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

Perhaps you missed it when the OWNER stated after the season that the number one priority of the Dolphins was to upgrade the QB position. It was basically the OWNER who was crying about the need for a replacement for Moore as the starting QB.

You are correct, Moore is NOT the answer, but because of the ineptness of this teams FO, Moore appears to be the Dolphins only answer at the QB position right now. Smith obviously will end up back with the 49er's and I don't see Garrard coming in and beating out Moore for the starting position if he signs with the Dolphins.