1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always a Dolphins fan, no matter what.......

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jaydog57, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I keep seeing reports on the NFL Network and ESPN, about comparing us to the Browns or Bengals and Detroit Lions as far as winning, and people coming to play here, and it's sad. We've become the Cincinnati Bengals of football. Nobody wants to come here, it seems like. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting. But that's no reason to give up on my team. I've known people down here in Florida that have moved from Ohio, that are proud Browns fans, and even Lions fans from Michigan, when they were pitiful, which was not too long ago. But they still had team stickers on their cars, and they still talked the best smack they could about how proud they were of their team, no matter how bad they were doing. We need to do the same thing.

I'm not saying we're going to have a powerhouse team this year, and it might be a couple years before we're a team that people worry about. But I'm still going to put my Dolphins helmet out every football season, and I'm still going to have the sticker on my car, and I'm still going to wear the hat whenever I go someplace. Because no matter what, I'm a Dolphins fan. I'll support them through the worst, and I'll be there to celebrate the best, and all the bandwagoners will have to take a number. We'll be back one day, hopefully someday soon. But we'll be back. All the people that say, "that's it, I'm done, **** the Dolphins," go ahead. Don't come back, you'll have to wait in line behind the wagon. I'm proud to be a Dolphins fan, and I'll always be one. No matter what. We've got a new coach, and a new staff, with most certainly a new quarterback. Here's to a new season of promise, and a reason to watch Miami Dolphins football this fall. That helmet you see in my avatar will always be raised over my head in pride. :up:

dolfan7171, MonstBlitz, fins1 and 8 others like this.
  2. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Well said.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  3. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Agree 100%. Real fans stick with their team, through good and bad.

ScottishFin and Jaydog57 like this.
  4. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Exactly man, I used to take loses so personal and get so angry and go hide in my room with the lights off and not watch espn or anything dolphins related til like Saturday haha I used to be a little extreme but now since they stabbed us all in the heart so many times we just learn to roll with it. But no matter what DOLFAN until the end, always got that smidge of hope just like we all did watching every game back in '07.

Jaydog57 and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  5. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hey when you see the **** I have put up with supporting my soccer team being a fan of the Phins is easy. Being friends with a Bengals and a Rams fan helps though :P

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...not enough cocaine to keep me going through this every year for the next 5 years. Until then, I can't give you a straight answer as to whether or not I'll still be a Dolphan.

dolfan32323, Jaydog57 and Pandarilla like this.
  7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Always a fan, win or lose! Either support the team or go away, thru good AND bad seasons!!
    Non of this crap "let's suck for luck",
    Or "Bleeding for Weeden"
    Or "I hope they lose so we can get a better draft pick"
    Or "I'll be back next year when they get a good QB"
    Or "We won or they lost"
    Or disrespecting the history of this franchise,
    Like "I don't care about the 1972 Dolphins"

Jaydog57 and ChrisKo like this.
  8. I've been a fan for over 15 years it's been hard at times to even admit it, the franchise seems to be getting worse every year since Ross took over.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    They are held accountable financially. Don't be ridiculious.

Jaydog57 and ChrisKo like this.
  10. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    I started playing the game and was a huge Dolphin fan. Marino, Duper, Clayton, Offendahl, Jensen, Hardy, Johnson, Stephenson, Moore, Nathan, Fryar, McDuffie. Always will be. I bleed Aqua. Just wish i get to see them reach the heights we were at when i was 16yrs old. Im now 41 and still waiting. Sums it up.

Jaydog57, ChrisKo and Pandarilla like this.
  11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I'm with stupid...but my idea of a true fan would be to always allow disgruntled fans back on the bandwagon. To never allow fan delusion to supercede reality. To never oppress or force my disdain on others, even indirectly, in order to maintain some sort of pecking order of emotional spoils.

That said, STFU ***** nobody asked you, damn...

Jaydog57 likes this.
  12. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    yeah but some of us 20 something year olds never got to see any real heights :tongue2:

dolfan32323 and Jaydog57 like this.
  13. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    we have a bandwagon?

14. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    It's more like a clown car, but you'd be surprised how many people you can fit in one of those.

15. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert

Where did I say you cannot be angry and upset? I didn't!
    That post was specifically targeted at all over-reactionary "fans" that are giving up on the Dolphins because they traded Brandon Marshall and did not get Peyton Manning.

But thanks for calling me a derp and ignorant all in the same post without even knowing me. Glad to see common bonds between fans is still strong on the message board.

16. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Is that so???? You mean that 102 game sellout streak and no blackout streak that spans back to 1998 that FINALLY ended after years of dog**** football? Yeah....not buying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

MikeHoncho likes this.
  18. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yes its so. We dont have blackouts now.because the owner.buys the tickets. We arent on national TV which means a smaller market. So yes that is so.

19. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Venting is fine. Please dont vent at other board members who choose not to see things the way you do though. Thats what gets a post like this deleted.

20. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne

Hope mods are gonna start enforcing this more then, or at least equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I see no reason why my post was deleted.

22. BlackwoodBrothers

BlackwoodBrothers New Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I agree with the OP. A fan is a fan, no matter what. I got my Dolphins tattoo, the year we went 1-15.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Who are the Dolphins?

24. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    hey if you want to spends hundreds of dollars on a ****ty product, ie the teams they have put on the field for the last 10 years, then go ahead. ill pass till theyre atleast fun to watch.

Laces Out likes this.
  25. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Ain't no Marshall round to punch us in the face...

26. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012
    I can't switch teams, I have a Dolphins logo tattoo! They have to get better!

27. jsizzle

jsizzle Banned

Jan 3, 2012

So long, goodbye, see ya!

28. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    There is no right way or wrong way to be a fan. Nobody has the authority to define what it is to be a Dolfan. There is no such thing as a "true" fan, and the notion of such is to side with elitism.

Laces Out likes this.
  29. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Very true, I'll always love the team, good or bad. It's kind of instilled in me, I was born the summer of the perfect season and my dad and grandparents are from Miami. I've been wearing Dolphins gear since I was born, and watching their games as long as I can remember.

30. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    That's awesome, you were brought up well. We are all fans here even if we think on the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  31. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    no matter what?:no:

same old ups & downs that go around & around, nowhere fast
    I think Ice Hockey & Soccer are good sports, always loved boxing

there is life beyond this perennial loser Dolphin Franchise
    think I'll take a break & check back in @ the beginning of pre-season

the only thing more ridiculous than watching this garbage strewn about the street is playing in it.
    I have reached the point with the dolphins that they will have to show me something to regain my attentions

it's all just become too ugly to bear, thank God Marshall got out, all the guy ever wanted to do is win
    :theman:Matt Moore