1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Flynn is currently at Dolphins HQ

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by steveincolorado, Mar 17, 2012.

1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Per PFT.com
    Matt Flynn arrived around 5-6 am today.

2. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Hopefully he still does that when/if we sign him lol

Bumrush likes this.
  3. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Apparently seahawks didnt offer him enough money.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    The media didn't run him off the road? I am Disappoint.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Apparently Flynn either couldn't wait to get here or has insomnia.

6. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Interesting. Well, I wonder what Jason Cole has to say about that?

Tin Indian and Bulldog like this.
  7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Get it done Ireland.

8. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

lol nice link.

9. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Everything I have read about Flynn is he is a hard worker. Hoping it is a when and not an if.

“He’s got a trainer over there (in Destin) and I’m sure he’s working out every day,” Owens said. “Matt doesn’t take a day off.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...s-time-in-destin-with-free-agency-a-day-away/

Bumrush and dolfan7171 like this.
  10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Like I've said in every thread that's discussed Matt Flynn...

Although I'm not convinced after only 2 starts, if Joe Philbin is and if Joe Philbin WANTS him...then Ireland and Ross BETTER make this happen.

11. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I can see the headlines now:

"Matt Flynn is no Peyton Manning"

"Flynn is in but that's not good enough"

"Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, in March"

"Flynn given Kevin Kolb money"

"Flynn is a system quarterback and so is Aaron Rodgers"

"Tim Tebow could be next"

12. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    Had to do with limited amount of time medical staff had available to check Flynn out.

13. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    :lol:

It won't be long before the Flynnsanity begins.

Moves, Sleepy, #1 fan and 4 others like this.
  14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Wouldn't he have left Seattle around midday?

15. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Totally agree. I just wonder how much say Philbin has in final personnel decisions. If Philbin is tailoring our offense after Green Bay's and will put his job on the line saying Flynn is the guy, it makes me a little more comfortable with signing him.

Moves likes this.
  16. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I am not a big Flynn fan, but he would be a good backup to Matt Moore. Hopefully the Dolphins don't waste a lot of money signing him, because it is obvious that not a lot of other teams are really that interested in him. I think the long term answer at the QB position for the Dolphins will still be playing college football next season, because I don't see Moore or Flynn being the long term solution for the Dolphins.

17. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Actually per Ben Volin, who is doing quite a job in free agency I must say.

Peter King is suggesting a fair deal for Flynn would be 3 years, $20 million, $8 million guaranteed. I can't see that right now, but man....if Jeff Ireland & Co could pull that off....

ToddsPhins and Paul 13 like this.
  18. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    I agree. IF.

Man just don't let him leave and lets get this show on the road.

19. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Lol because they would bother to sign him as Moores back up...

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'd be fine with that. Prove to us that you can be the guy Matt.

21. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    You are nuts if you dont like Pure Fruit Technologies new:
    Mango-XAN
    [h=1][/h][h=1][/h]
    A natural antioxidant blend. Mangoxan is the highest quality and best tasting mangosteen fruit beverage on the market today

22. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    PFT did say per Ben V but I just forgot to add that.

23. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I am all for Flynn coming in here. If Philbin thinks he can play, then until shown otherwise, I am going with the coach on this. Wish there was a larger sample size of NFL work to draw from, but we'll have to deal with it.

Bulldog likes this.
  24. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I think this is far too much money for someone who has been a backup for the last four years. Matt Moore has started many more games than Flynn and he didn't sign for anywhere close to this amount of money last year. Other than the Seahawks, no other team appears to have an interest in signing Flynn and I'm not even sure the Seahawks are that interested. I think the Dolphins should try to sign Flynn for the same money they signed Moore for last year. I think it is very likely Moore will beat Flynn out for the starting job, so it would be absurd to guarantee Flynn eight millions dollars.

The reason the Dolphins are in the cap situation they are at this time is because they have continued to overpay for mediocre talent. It is ridiculous that a team which has gone 20-28 over the last three seasons have spent so much money to achieve this losing record.

25. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    oh, where do I begin with this... So Matt Moore had the same passer rating with the Panthers as Flynn does with the Packers?

26. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    He has been the back up the last 4 years for...who again?

Yeah. Exactly.

Would you start him?

Seriously people. I understand your opinions about camp competition or letting Moore start.... but once you realize the FO doesnt want Moore to lead the helm this will be easier for you to grasp... I personally like Moore but its just not going to happen. Flynn is our best option atm. Although all of our options pretty much suck until proven otherwise

27. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Why not, they are certainly in need of a backup QB at this time? I don't see a lot of teams in the NFL beating down Flynn's door to sign him. In fact the Cleveland Browns would rather stick with Colt McCoy at QB than try to sign Flynn. I happen to think Matt Moore is a better NFL QB than Colt McCoy, so it certainly won't surprise me if the Dolphins do sign Flynn, Moore ends up being the better QB and Flynn ends up as the backup.

28. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    2 games over 2 seasons compared to 13 games in one season is not a fair comparison.

29. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Cleveland has the draft position to not really NEED to beat down flynns door, per se. The fact of the matter is we are talking to him about a starting spot. Period. THE FO DOESNT WANT MOORE STARTING..........they have said it PUBLICLY.

NOT TO MENTION.... obviously a lot of teams don't know much about Flynn....only a select few have some REAL inside information about if hes a bang or a bust.....like...for example.....oh..i don't know...maybe our HC that worked with him for 4 years?

Ofcourse other teams are hesitant. THEY should be. but if our HC says pull the trigger then....well at this point in the phins offseason..
    YOU DO.

Other teams not going After Flynn should be a more of a given understanding than a negative message.

30. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I certainly understand that the FO would sign Flynn with the expectations that he would be the starter. Of course this is the same front office that thought Henne was the answer at the QB position. When all is said and done, it is about winning football games. I happen to think that the Dolphins would win more games with Moore at QB than with Flynn as the teams QB.

Personally I think Moore and Flynn are both nothing more than quality backups in the NFL. I just happen to think Moore is better than Flynn and neither of them are good enough to be the long term starters for this or any other NFL team. You are correct, all our opinions do suck and if Flynn signs, he will certainly be given the opportunity to prove me wrong and his supporters right. If they sign Flynn. I know he will be the projected starter, but that doesn't mean that the signing of Flynn is a good idea. IMO

31. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Everyone would be fine with that. But typically that's not how it works with that position in free agency.

Then again, we're seeing some shorter deals (Soliai) as agents are anticipating the big 2014 cap increase, exchanging short-term risk with the team for potential future benefits.

32. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Just as you say that Flynn doesnt have enough proof that he will be the better starter,

You don't have enough proof that he WONT be the better starter, starting in a new system that he has worked in for 4 years with a HC he knows. ....as opposed to Moores.....None.

It works both ways in that spectrum.

33. How about if we compare Moores best 2 games to Flynns?

34. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    so don't compare them...

35. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Better yet, Matt Moores BEST two games vs Flynns only two STARTS :lol:

shula_guy and Paul 13 like this.
  36. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    You dont think that the coaching staff looked at film of Moore with Ireland and came to the conclusion that they feel Moore isnt the answer? If they did then why chase Flynn when they could have tried to sign Henne or sign someone who is going to be cheaper to back up Moore? You think Cleveland knows more about Flynn than Philbin who has coached him for 4 years? Wow LOL

37. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Nah man you don't understand. He wasnt drafted in the first round. He's an auto-bust.

:shifty:

38. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    We need to get this done, for a variety of reasons.

I want to experience Flynnsanity!

steveincolorado likes this.
  39. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Jeez....no middle ground with you is there? Even tongue-in-cheek this statement is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I disagree, because I don't think that there are any quality starting QB's in this draft after Luck and RG3. I don't see Tannehill, Weeden , or any of the other QB's in this draft being effective starters in the future. So if Flynn is the future star that many on here seem to think he will be. It would make sense for the Browns to try and sign Flynn and use their two first round picks and second round pick to upgrade other positions.

Mike Holmgren, someone who knows a great deal about the QB position in the NFL, obviously isn't impressed enough with Flynn to even bring him in for an interview.

I am very aware that the FO does not want Moore as the starter next year. I am not happy with the prospect him being the starter either, since I view him as nothing but a quality backup in the NFL. I just don't see Flynn as being an upgrade over Moore, no matter what the FO might want me to believe. You have a lot more faith in the new HC than I do. The last five head coaches of the Dolphins have made me quite jaded when it comes to just accepting that they actually know what they are doing when it comes to signing or drafting a quality starting QB.