Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Slaton re-signed & Artis Hicks visiting Dolphins right now...

No Tats & Dreads Allowed
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,338 Fist Bumps in 782 Posts

Default Steve Slaton re-signed & Artis Hicks visiting Dolphins right now...

I like keeping Slaton.
    [IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/tsw12345/b2ba2d8d-f313-455a-958a-606d48878907_zps272e2271.jpg[/IMG]

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,687 Fist Bumps in 1,198 Posts

Hicks is 33 and only started 3 games for the Browns... only played in 9 last year.. I can't see him as the answer at RT

OM. Tryambakam yajamahe
    Sugandhim pushti-vardhanam
    Urvarukamiva bandhanan
    Mrityor mukshiya mamritat

Got my back to the wall Rocky Raccoon's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    12,463 Fist Bumps in 4,891 Posts

Sounds like depth in both situations.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,868 Fist Bumps in 2,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WharfRat View Post
    Hicks is 33 and only started 3 games for the Browns... only played in 9 last year.. I can't see him as the answer at RT
    Veteran backup swing tackle.
    2013 GM League "Feud of the Year" Winner
    2014 GM League "GM of the Year" Winner
    2014 GM League "Free Agent Steal of the Year" Winner

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,939 Fist Bumps in 3,407 Posts
    Blog Entries

Woohoo!! We are making waves !! I hear David Boston will be in Davie tomorrow to come out of retirement and help us at the WR spot!!

season ticket holder
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,049 Fist Bumps in 1,331 Posts

It is unbelievable that anyone would get excited about Slaton and Hicks. While the Bills sign the top defensive player in free agency, some Dolphin fans seem satisfied with the Dolphins resigning a over the hill RB and a visit by another over the hill offensive lineman. I would think that the signing of Columbo last year would have caused Dolphin fans to no longer desire Ireland to go and and sign old offensive linemen.

It just shows how low this organization has sunk when the resigning of a third string running back and the visit of an old offensive lineman is even relevant.

Taking a poop BlameItOnTheHenne's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,204 Fist Bumps in 2,850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jw3102 View Post
    It is unbelievable that anyone would get excited about Slaton and Hicks. While the Bills sign the top defensive player in free agency, some Dolphin fans seem satisfied with the Dolphins resigning a over the hill RB and a visit by another over the hill offensive lineman. I would think that the signing of Columbo last year would have caused Dolphin fans to no longer desire Ireland to go and and sign old offensive linemen.

It just shows how low this organization has sunk when the resigning of a third string running back and the visit of an old offensive lineman is even relevant.

Right, because the only relevant players are the ones with 50+ million dollar contracts, and everyone else just sucks and are meaningless.

8. This Member gave BlameItOnTheHenne a FIST BUMP for this post:

Season Ticket Holder Disgustipate's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    13,691 Fist Bumps in 5,813 Posts

Every team has signings of this nature. Without exception.

10. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Disgustipate for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,955 Fist Bumps in 711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnTheHenne View Post
    Right, because the only relevant players are the ones with 50+ million dollar contracts, and everyone else just sucks and are meaningless.
    I personally wish we wouldve given this Henne kid Jax just stole a look. Little unpolished, but defunite potential. Wonder when well take a chance on something like that

My writings for the largest gay hockey site in the world: http://puckbuddys.com/category/ny-islanders/

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,629 Fist Bumps in 4,178 Posts

Were you asleep for the Soliai and Marshall signings or are you just that desperate for something to complain about?
    Silence

It's ******* Golden.

13. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to slickj101 for a solid post:

season ticket holder
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipate View Post
    Every team has signings of this nature. Without exception.
    Free agency started yesterday. The Bills signed Williams. The Bucs signed Vincent Jackson. The Redskins signed Garcon. The Dolphins resigned a third string RB that nobody else obviously has any interest in signing. If this is the news from the Dolphins that makes you jump with joy. So be it.

15. This Member gave jw3102 a FIST BUMP for this post:

I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    11,610 Fist Bumps in 6,273 Posts

Free agency started yesterday. The Bills signed Williams. The Bucs signed Vincent Jackson. The Redskins signed Garcon. The Dolphins resigned a third string RB that nobody else obviously has any interest in signing. If this is the news from the Dolphins that makes you jump with joy. So be it.
    All those three teams also resigned some 2nd or 3rd stringers. It is stupid to even make a comparison.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,629 Fist Bumps in 4,178 Posts

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Taking a poop BlameItOnTheHenne's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,204 Fist Bumps in 2,850 Posts

Ok, lets just give a ludicrous contract to a guy that probably doesn't deserve it.

Then, 2 years from now when he sucks, you can ***** and moan about terrible a signing it was by Ireland and how we are doomed. Am I heading in the right direction?

19. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to BlameItOnTheHenne for a solid post:

The Twisted Spork of Doom Fin D's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    25,447 Fist Bumps in 10,772 Posts

Its unbelievable you think anyone was excited. It was just news., but don't let that get in the way you being the eternal Eeyore of the boards.
    The Awesome Tree is as follows (and is inarguable):
    The Shat > Jack Palance > Samuel L. Jackson > Art Donovan > Bruce Campbell > Snoop Dog > Elvis > Chuck Norris > The Hoff

21. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to Fin D for a solid post:

crap...here we go again Ohio Fanatic's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,129 Fist Bumps in 2,616 Posts

If you're going to be forever this cynical and spend all your time *****ing and moaning about absolutely nothing of substance, then why even visit this forum?
    http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm271/micclark1313/Vernon-Wake_zpsa2e3b3c4.jpg

season ticket holder
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by slickj101 View Post
    Were you asleep for the Soliai and Marshall signings or are you just that desperate for something to complain about?
    No I wasn't asleep, but I just returned from a short trip to Costa Rica a few hours ago. So while I was happy to see that the Dolphins resigned Soliai. I wasn't aware of the Marshall signing. I would have preferred the Dolphins signing a safety instead of a CB, but hopefully he will be an upgrade over Smith.

I did notice that Ireland struck again while I was out of the country. He traded the only quality receiver on the team for two third round draft picks, while he gave up two second round draft picks two years ago for Marshall. Only Ireland fans can makes any sense of what he is doing or why he is doing it. All the rest of us just have to wonder how much longer Ross is going to put up with this nonsense from a GM who has no idea how to build a quality football team.

24. This Member gave jw3102 a FIST BUMP for this post:

For My Hero JetsSuck unluckyluciano's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    23,157 Fist Bumps in 11,133 Posts

Garcon was a big get ?
    thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

For My Hero JetsSuck unluckyluciano's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    23,157 Fist Bumps in 11,133 Posts

No I wasn't asleep, but I just returned from a short trip to Costa Rica a few hours ago. So while I was happy to see that the Dolphins resigned Soliai. I wasn't aware of the Marshall signing. I would have preferred the Dolphins signing a safety instead of a CB, but hopefully he will be an upgrade over Smith.

I did notice that Ireland struck again while I was out of the country. He traded the only quality receiver on the team for two third round draft picks, while he gave up two second round draft picks two years ago for Marshall. Only Ireland fans can makes any sense of what he is doing or why he is doing it. All the rest of us just have to wonder how much longer Ross is going to put up with this nonsense from a GM who has no idea how to build a quality football team.
    Marshall can play safety
    thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

The Twisted Spork of Doom Fin D's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    25,447 Fist Bumps in 10,772 Posts

Marshall slugged a woman in NY and chances are will be facing action from the league. Care to apologize? No, i doubt it.
    The Awesome Tree is as follows (and is inarguable):
    The Shat > Jack Palance > Samuel L. Jackson > Art Donovan > Bruce Campbell > Snoop Dog > Elvis > Chuck Norris > The Hoff