1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CRAZYFACE, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    Hiya, well it's all go on here with draft talk init? I've got one problem with it all tho'. I don't understand it. Being from England, yes England, the UK is NOT a country, how did we let that happen?, anyhoo I digress. I've follow the Dolphins and NFL on and off for 20 years or more, but have only in the last 5 years really started to get into to it properly. I've even made the trek across the pond to see two Dolphin games. (I'm 2-0 :pointlol:) I've even won a ESPN NFL fantasy league !!! Oops done it again, anyway, I'm trying to follow the draft talk, to see how we are going about getting a decent QB, but am finding some of the terminology a little difficult.
    "Tagged" what's this? "Trade Up / Down" ???? How, and why some teams won't be interested in certain trades.

Can anyone post a bit of a Wikki type thing on how all this works please. I will then be able to see though the mist. :pointlol:

Thanks in advance.

2. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    In a very general sense, every year college seniors and those who decide to leave university early are available for teams to pick from. The draft order is generally a reversal of the order in which teams finished in the previous season i.e., the worst team picks first and the best team, the SB winner, picks last for each round. After the first round finishes with the best team, the Giants picking, it then goes to round 2, and so on.

It's like that in general because teams are given the option of trading their picks for other picks, picks in later years, players, or combinations of the above.

With trades, a team could hypothetically trade a very high pick for two later ones or maybe for another teams pick in the first round for one of the combinations. That's what they mean by "trade up / down." As for tags, do you mean things like "franchise tag." That's where teams designate a particular player with the franchise tag. For the Dolphins, it used to be Jason Taylor. It allows a team to place greater ability to retain good players.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Move your *** to America.

felly smarts likes this.
  4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you can explain Cricket to me, I will happy to share my thoughts with you on franchise tags and the benefits of trading up or down. Also, the fish and chips in England are fantastic. Happy Days in the Whitechapel area. :up:

5. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    Do you not think I would if I could? Your guys in government don't want genuine people who just want to make a new life there, just people with loads of dosh, or people who scramble over the boarders. If you know of any way of getting me over there, I'd love to know.

Thanks for the reply on the question. How can a player be "tagged" and why?

Cricket instructions to follow.....

6. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    And here they are .......

Introduction to Cricket

You have two sides of 11 men, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

smahtaz likes this.
  7. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    You're welcome :pointlol:

8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Cricket is bollocks...Soccer is the main course in England. Which football team do you support in England so we know what type of nutter you are?

9. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    I follow my local team Macclesfield Town. We are in League Two and are struggling ATM. I live 5 minutes from the ground so can walk there. :up:

http://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/ here's our fans rather depressing message board.