Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The trade up rumor thread...

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    20,825 Fist Bumps in 10,523 Posts

Default The trade up rumor thread...

Guess I'll start it off..

''Citing league sources, Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com reports "at least" three teams, including the Redskins, Dolphins, and Seahawks, are "strongly considering" a blockbuster trade with the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III at No. 2 overall.
    Team sources also tell Freeman that the Browns have interest in trading up, "though not as much as the other teams." While the Dolphins are interested "despite their Matt Flynn infatuation," the Redskins "remain the front-runners." Team officials label the Seahawks the "sleeper team" hindered by the prohibitive cost of trading up from twelfth to second. The three teams reportedly view RGIII as a "close facsimile" to Andrew Luck in terms of NFL potential..

Well, I know were all kinda debating back and forth on whether he's worth it or not, but, if were gonna do it,{and its not Luck} then Id like to do it for him..I'am willing as a fan, to take the risk on a guy with such physical, intellectual, and supremely confident potential..

I figured these rumors will start pouring in on us moving up so might as well start a thread..

p.s..''Twelfth''....Funny word..

2. This Member gave djphinfan a FIST BUMP for this post:

Transform and Transcend PhinsRDbest's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,694 Fist Bumps in 947 Posts

I don't care how they do it just get a freaking franchise qb.

4. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to PhinsRDbest for a solid post:

Banned
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    498 Fist Bumps in 279 Posts

what he said.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    895 Fist Bumps in 526 Posts

Miami always seems to play it safe and rarely takes risks. Since Marino retired we have brought in at least 16 different QB's to start for us and none of them have really been that good. I would say Fiedler, Matt Moore and Chad Henne have all been decent but none of them great. I think if we are going to win we need a franchise QB. I would like to see us roll the dice and trade up to get RG3. I think it would probably cost us out first four draft picks this year, but I would do it. We could address our other needs through free agency. P. Manning may never be what he was, and Flynn may not be that great or end up signing elsewhere.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,467 Fist Bumps in 2,248 Posts

i dont know if we ever have moved up this high in the 1st round ever, i would sell the farm for Luck, but not for RGIII, thats why i hope we stay put
    Ryan Tannehill - The Surgeon

8. These 5 users offered FIST BUMPS to Alex13 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    20,825 Fist Bumps in 10,523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al13 View Post
    i dont know if we ever have moved up this high in the 1st round ever, i would sell the farm for Luck, but not for RGIII, thats why i hope we stay put
    well, I agree that I too would sell the farm on Luck, but what makes me interested here in this theory is that we might not have to sell the farm to get this kind of prospect because of the mere fact that the ultimate prospect is in front of him.

Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    774 Fist Bumps in 466 Posts

Yeah, I would definitely be happy with a move up to take Griffin, even though it's a big risk. I think we need to just make a move already to get our guy if they believe he can be the answer. He seems like he would fit a WCO with his quick throws and mobility. Forget Manning I don't want a 2-3 year stop gap, plus I'd rather bring up our own star than bring in someone from another team and Bring some excitement to this team.

11. This Member gave Killer Bees a FIST BUMP for this post:

I'm your huckleberry Memory Sign Champion Space Minefield Champion Crazy Balls Champion Bow and Arrow Champion FruitRush Champion pocoloco's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,437 Fist Bumps in 1,812 Posts

I would imagine the price for moving up from 8 beats whatever the Redskins are offering from 6.

If we start the discussion by dusting off the draft value chart, we have to 1,200 pts to pay for. I would imagine bidding starts at a third this year and a first next year. Cleveland is in the best spot to overpay, they can dangle the 22 overall pick as well.

Starter
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    127 Fist Bumps in 86 Posts

Trade first this year first second next year and Y.bell. Get rg3 and never look back

I'm your huckleberry Memory Sign Champion Space Minefield Champion Crazy Balls Champion Bow and Arrow Champion FruitRush Champion pocoloco's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,437 Fist Bumps in 1,812 Posts

Incidentally, trading up to 1st overall would minimally involve the entire 2012 draft and the 2013 first rounder.

As for trading Yeremiah Bell to St. Louis, I'm not sure he makes sense for them.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    17,612 Fist Bumps in 9,334 Posts

you're looking at this year's 1st, 2nd and 4th plus next years 1st and 2nd to move up... not worth it for RGIII.
    Do you think you have what it takes to be a GM? Go here to find out more.

16. This Member gave Paul 13 a FIST BUMP for this post:

PSG

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    596 Fist Bumps in 372 Posts

john clayton on espn radio this afternoon said it was going to be the equivelent of 3 first rounders to land RG III i really dont know if hes worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by byroan View Post
    Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

Bringin' the Ruckus Killer Bees's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    774 Fist Bumps in 466 Posts

Yeah I mean I would like rg3 but 3 1st rounders is a little steep, I'd rather take my odds with a later round option.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,452 Fist Bumps in 683 Posts

First time poster. Been checking this site for Dolphins news for a couple of months now, but never felt like posting something.
    My take though, give them 3 first rounders for RG3. It really only counts as 2, since they will give you a first rounder back, and you are potentially set for the next decade.
    Sweeten the deal with a player, and/or a late rounder from this year. Don't trade a 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

The Miami Dolphins select UCF FINatic's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,631 Fist Bumps in 988 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bran View Post
    john clayton on espn radio this afternoon said it was going to be the equivelent of 3 first rounders to land RG III i really dont know if hes worth it.

I don't buy it. Most likely, it will be a 1st this year, 1st next year, 2nd this year, 4th this year or 1st this year, 1st next year, 2nd this year, 3rd next year.
    Thank you giovafin for this awesome Sig!

No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    20,862 Fist Bumps in 11,239 Posts

So many folks were all in for trading 3 1sts for the pick to draft Luck. So, I guess it all depends on if one believes RG3 is an equal prospect.
    One problem is if we are set that we want to trade up for RG3, then we will pass on signing Flynn. If Cleveland or Washington signed him, then that takes them out of the running to trade up. If we really want RG3, the best thing for us would be to hope Cleveland signs Flynn, since no way we can match them in a trade up offer. If we pass on signing Flynn and Manning, and we are also not able to trade up for RG3, say we are outbid, then what? Take Tannehill at 8? Hope Weeden is on the board at 42? I'd be fine with taking Weeden if we are sure he is going to be there, but IMO it's somewhat of a gamble he lasts that long.
    http://www.thephins.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic318_52.gif

22. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to MrClean for a solid post:

Banned
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,810 Fist Bumps in 4,341 Posts

I'm more interested in joining the sexy Arab girls.

Banned
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,810 Fist Bumps in 4,341 Posts

We have a pretty strong team as it is with a lot of guys still developing, so I'd trade the farm for Griffin..... although I'd try to keep this year's 2nd to get him an extra weapon/blocker who may fall. The kid from Gtech (Stephen Hill) would be an ideal complement to Griffin IMO.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,671 Fist Bumps in 3,005 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bull pucky ....... first of all just what are Washington and Miami WILLING to give up to move that high, of course the Rams will want the whole pie, doesn't mean they'll get it!

My Lady on the prowl

“Courage is not simply one of the virtues but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means at the point of highest reality. “ C.S Lewis

26. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to gafinfan for a solid post:

Season Ticket Holder
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,350 Fist Bumps in 2,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
    So many folks were all in for trading 3 1sts for the pick to draft Luck. So, I guess it all depends on if one believes RG3 is an equal prospect.
    One problem is if we are set that we want to trade up for RG3, then we will pass on signing Flynn. If Cleveland or Washington signed him, then that takes them out of the running to trade up. If we really want RG3, the best thing for us would be to hope Cleveland signs Flynn, since no way we can match them in a trade up offer. If we pass on signing Flynn and Manning, and we are also not able to trade up for RG3, say we are outbid, then what? Take Tannehill at 8? Hope Weeden is on the board at 42? I'd be fine with taking Weeden if we are sure he is going to be there, but IMO it's somewhat of a gamble he lasts that long.
    Personally, I like RG3 and Tannehill. However, trading up for RG3 might be too high, so I would rather Miami trade up for Tannehill who I view as a better prospect.