1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My religion?!

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by weezybaby, Feb 22, 2012.

1. weezybaby

weezybaby Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Munich, Germany
    Hey fellow dolfans,

I need some advice regarding religion. I have trouble finding someone to talk to thats why I'm turning to you in hopes to find someone to help me.

I've been a muslim basicly my whole life. Certainly not the most religiously of all but i did most of the things a muslim should do. For a long time now (about a year) i've been muling the decision to leave my religion and become a christ.*

This might sound awkward but I'm really serious about it. I'm sort of not feeling home and can't find any shelter when I turn to the que'ran any more. Amazingly whenever I read the bible I find so many interesting psalm that make me feel good almost instantly.

I was seeking help in my community and wanted to talk about it with a hodja at our local mosque but he flat out threw me out of there after I asked him.*

I'm so lost because I can't talk to it to my parents, I can't talk to people at the mosque where else can I go to?

Any advise would be*appreciated, if there is a pastor around please give me a chance to explain myself.*

Thanks in advance

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I would seek out Ohiophinphan, maybe make a post in the Religious Forum. He is a pastor and I (I'm an Atheist) have the utmost respect for him and how he portrays himself and his faith. Good luck in your journey. If Atheism ever seems right for you or something you'd like to explore feel free to pm me.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Disregard that last thing. FinD will probably try to rape you.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    And if you want more information on being an agnostic, you can contact me. We would have meetings but no one knows if we meet or not.

MonstBlitz and MikeHoncho like this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey'a, Fin D..... I'm interested in learning how to become a better Atheist..... can I perhaps PM you.... so you'a...can give me a few pointers? Perhaps be kind enough to tell me which places of worship that I wont be attending that I should know to avoid.

Ugh, not practicing a religion seems more demanding than I thought.
    Hey, can you also teach me how to not read a book that I'm not interested in? :shifty:

Dol-Fan Dupree and MikeHoncho like this.
  6. If think being an atheist is any less difficult then believing in an Omnipotent being that most people claim exists without any evidence to verify it then you do need to PM him for a lesson in Atheism. Try openly admitting that you dont have faith in the fairy tale of a God exsting and get back to me on how easy of a life that is to live.

Stitches likes this.
  7. Probably??? As if there is any doubt that he will not at least try to rape him. Pleeease

8. I would recommend a book called the power of myth written by joseph cambell. It looks at the differences and the similiarities btween various religions. hen pick the one yu e most comfortable with. Thas my sincere advice to you.

9. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Hi. As mentioned I am indeed a pastor. My tradition is Lutheran but I can talk about just about any kind of Christian faith and some others as well. That's not intended to be ego, I'm just old, experianced, and blessed with a loooong memory.

What is it you want to know? I will be happy to treat you seriously and give you what I can. If you let me know where you live, I can also likely find a pastor in the area who you might be able to sit and talk to face to face. I am aware of the stigma placed on Muslims who convert to another faith, especially Christianity. You face explusion from family and community. A Christian congregation can become your local family and I hope that it works out that way.

Again, what is it you wish to learn? If doing this in the open forum is too awkward, send me a PM and we can communicate that way.

To the rest of you, thank you for the confidence you have shown in me. I am humbled.

Boik14, dolphindebby and Fin D like this.
  10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I never quite said it exactly that same way years ago when I chose to be an Atheist, but I guess I could try it and see if that approach has this life-altering impact you speak of.

"I don't have faith in the fairy tale of God existing." There. said it.
    Yeahhh.... that wasn't too difficult. So when is this feeling supposed to overtake me? Don't feel anything yet.

Try openly admitting you're gay. Not you... just mean in general. I'm sure that's somewhat more tasking on a person's life and relationships with friends, family, bosses, coworkers, wife.... :shifty:

"Hey dad."
    "Yeah son?"
    "I'm an athiest."
    "That's nice son pass the potatoes would you". :lol:

That conversation goes a little differently the other way. lol.

No offense, but your post IMO is somewhat insulting to anyone who's actually dealt with real oppression. Last time I checked there aren't bands of American religious individuals going around the country terrorizing all the Atheists.

11. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Hey folks excuse me but this is Weezybaby's thread. He wants information about changing the direction of his faith. Can we leave the religion vs. atheism/agnosticism for threads which center on that? There are a number in this forum and over in the religion forum. Let's respect the questioner and his needs and not jump all over it with bad jokes and personal arguments. Thanks

Boik14, Phinj and Fin D like this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Ohh you need Jeeeezus with that booty pic son!!

13. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you could go to local churches and find one you like and ask the Pastor for advice.