1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Jeff Fisher Primer - Great article with some detailed thoughts on Jeff Fisher

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vt_dolfan, Jan 11, 2012.

1. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

This is an article that appeared in Turf Show Times....and is written from the St Louis Rams perspective....but its a very good analysis of exactly who Jeff Fisher is, and what type of coach we may be getting in Miami.

One thing that I really liked, is the Coach Fisher gives a wide latitude to his assistant coaches. He allows them to coach...and be creative. This is reflected in two of his defensive coordinators, Greg Williams and Jim Scwhartz. Greg Williams as a DC blitzed a ton, while Schwartz did not. On the offensive side, it would appear Fisher is more comfortable with a conservative offense, but just how conservative again, depends on the OC.

Its a great read...and gives a very balanced analysis on the man who appears to be the next Miami Dolphins head coach, if the latest rumors are to be believed.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/12/30/2671147/nfl-coaching-rumors-jeff-fisher

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    This is a good article. I like the fact that he allows his coaches and coordinators coach. It didn't seem like he gets in their way. I wonder will he go against his usual conservative offense and go for an aggressive offense. I think it would be cool to have aggressive offense and defenses. In the article, and I'm paraphrasing, he rarely loses a locker room. That is pretty good and I am having second thoughts about Fisher. Personally, I still would like to give Todd Bowles a chance to coach the Dolphins, but I won't trip with Ross and Ireland if we actually land Jeff Fisher.

3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Is this a fluff piece?