1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins not targeting Jets OC Schottenhiemer but rather Jets DC Mike Pettin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    As reported by Beningo and Roberts on WFAN.
    Suck it, Fat Rex.

padre31 likes this.
  2. So you say our defense sucks and that its overrated, yet your going for our DC? Makes sense to me.

3. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Im done responding to you, your obviously hurting and trolling here rather than congregating with your fellow NJ neanderthals and sulking on their boards. It's fine, but you're the only one here who isnt GIDDY about your organizational implosion under coach fatNBluster, so deal with it.

Anyhow, on topic:

Link to story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/dolphins-reportedly-have-interest-in-mike-pettine/

4. Trolling? All your doing is posting Jets stuff on your own forum. Do you even read my posts?

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I don't know anything about this guy.

6. He came with Rex from Baltimore, not a bad coach.

7. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Worked with Nolan in Baltimore, too. Better chance he keeps Nolan on which is a HUGE plus.

8. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    oh, good call.

9. I think he would be a better option for the Phins, but im hoping Shotty gets a chance with you guys!

10. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    BGNC...

We do value your comments around here, just that some don't see that way...

Anyways, your D gave up more points per game this year than the previous 2 years...

Was it Defensive secondary issues more than the Run game???

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ross's due dilligence, he's going to interview anyone and everyone with a pulse...As well he should..

dolfan7171 and Disnardo like this.
  12. In my opinion our lack of depth caught up to us. The league has caught up with the schemes that Rex and Rob run, and with the lack of a true pass rush it was bound to doom us sooner than later.

dolfan7171 and Disnardo like this.
  13. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    I understand but what I don't understand is why neither of the Ryan brothers adjusted their schemes after Offenses had them figured out???

too many late game colapses by their D's, was a good syntom of that...

if they did not see those issues than they are not the D geniuses they led us to believe...

14. Because its apparent they dont know anything else, and they are stuck with the same schemes and dont know how to adjust when someone figures it out.

15. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    So why do we give them so much credit and label them as geniuses???

Is it because they talk a good game and make people believe what they hear and not what they see???

You don't have to answer the last question...

16. Rex is a product of great players in Baltimore, we did not have the players they had, more hype than anything.

17. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern California
    Mike Pettine? Might as well link this presentation he did of the Ravens 3-4 defense back in 2005.

18. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    It would be worthwhile to interview both, if only to get an overview of how the Jets operate. Similar to signing a guy that a division rival just cut. Information is always helpful.

19. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Dis... usually "WE" don't give them the credit.. A media hungry for stories begins that parade. And, I suspect, a lot of offensive coordinators who have begun to see how to counter their moves begin to beat the drum as well - until the beat them a few times...

20. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Jets have 2 coaches I would be interested in and neither are available. 1 Rex 1b Callahan as Oline coach, after that there isn't anything special with exception of their special teams coach, old guy, big man boobs but is good.

21. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Jags announced they will interview Shotty. They can have him.

22. Please god let this be true!

23. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I don't want Pettine , this is the worst their D has been in 3 years. One thing we don't want is to model anything the jets are doing.

Anyone listening to the fan? I swear, every commercial break has a minimum of 1 anti-suicide commercial/announcement. I kid you not.

24. Rex still made the calles on Defense, Mike was still an assistant.

25. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Par for the course. Hopefully 2nd tier HC (if that) means 1st tier QB (trade up for Luck).