1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason LaConfora: Dolphins could consider bringing in Brian Schottenhiemer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I'm going to react to this calmly.

"If the Dolphins end up going with a younger coordinator, I fully expect Brian Schottenheimer to be among those to get strong consideration."
    link:
    http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

Like i said, lets discuss this calmly:
    [mod]Respect the profanity filter[/mod]
    I hate you Stephen Ross. I hate you so much.

finyank13 likes this.
  2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Sounds like his opinion.

3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    To be fair, Schotty is well respected in league circles, did a nice job in SD developing Rivers and has done about all he can in NY given Sanchez's limitations.

Schotty's record as a coordinator is better than Mike McCarthy's was when he got the GB job. More to being a head coach than simply being a good coordinator. See Cameron, Cam.

MrClean likes this.
  4. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    He is soo great at developing QBs!

I mean... look at Mark Sanchez.

I dont want Jet Chicken **** in my Chicken Salad.
    I cant believe with the people out there, you'd react with anything other than dismay to him being HC.

5. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    It's not happening. The only links are Carl Peterson to his dad and Schottenheimer being a candidate before Tony.

I thought it was pretty clear they're going after an experienced guy. It will be Cowher, Gruden, or Fischer.

6. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Jets fans seem to not like him...don't know what to think. I mean they've been to the AFC Championship game twice and a few playoffs...yet the offense seems to be blamed for their exits.

However, there will be TONS of rumors...this is just one in a big list of them. Prob not true.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He's already a guy Jets fans hate.

8. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Some players suck no matter coaching. And he has coached him well enough to where he's performed in the playoffs and been to two straight championship games.

I'm not advocating him or suggesting he's my first choice, but it's no more outlandish that wanting Jay Gruden who's been a coordinator for all of 13 games and head coach in the arena league of all palces

9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    One dude's OPINION. Your thread title is misleading.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Peterson did work with his Daddy in KC..jus sayin'..:shifty:

11. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Guys someone just said on espn that Ross really wants a big name coach even a college coach if nessecary.

Ross still wants Fisher , Gruden and Cowher but Bilick and Les Miles and one other pro coach is on the list. lets not go to hating MR Ross just yet.

if we have to do this I strongly sugest to you guys to get a hold Crash Jensen and Marino and have them talk some sense into our owner if need be.

12. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Brian Schottenheimer is a pretty good coordinator. He managed an absolutely Herculean task of keeping his offense moving and effective with Mark Sanchez as a starter.

13. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Jason LaConfora said, it must be true.

14. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    First off, this is LCF's opinion, not based on any fact.

Beyond that, with all due respect to Gary Stevens ... Schotty HAS made Chicken Salad out of Chicken S____ with Sanchez and the Jets.

dwhorton likes this.
  15. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Clearly stated as opinion from LaCanfora.

Personally, I think Schottenheimer might be a better head coach than OC. I'm not a huge fan of him as an OC.

Perhaps he'd look better with a better QB, but that's part of the fight they've had. Sanchez is limited, but feels they're limiting him. Would Brian give Sanchez more chances if not for Rex's run-play defense philosophy?

It's never a good look when your QB and offensive players believe your scheme/approach is limiting them.

Then again, Sean Payton once had his play-calling duties revoked by Jim Fassel. And the Giant offense took off thereafter.

16. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern California
    LaCanfora also said Harbaugh was Miami-bound.

Feel better now? :)

17. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    they can't talk to him until their season is over.

18. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    It's also worth mentioning the Jets are currently 6th in the NFL in offensive points scored. That's amazing, given the talent.

What exactly is above-average on that offense? The offensive line and Dustin Keller? It sure isn't the running game, receivers, or quarterback.

19. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Didn’t we get over poaching from the Jets when Chad Pennington took us to the playoffs and finished second in MVP voting?

I don’t want Brian Schottenheimer either, but you’re flying off the handle over La Canfora’s opinion.

20. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    It would be eternally rich if we hired Schottenheimer and actually, you know, won a Super Bowl. Jets fans would absolutely kill themselves. Especially after the debacle that was Bellichick's tenure as "HC of the NYJ"!!!!!!!

maynard likes this.
  21. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Its because I likve in NY and get to see this offense in action every week. He's clueless.

BleedinGreenNC and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  22. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I'm sure the jet fans would be ecstatic!

23. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    God no.

cdz12250 likes this.
  24. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Geez some of you overreact at every little statement that you read on the internet. Relax. It's just speculation on our BACKUP plan. key word = backup.

Our primary plan, and everyone out there knows this, is to get a high profile coach like Cowher, Gruden or Fisher. I firmly believe we get one of those three guys, all of which is better than Tony or Brian Schotty.

25. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I disagree. He gets in trouble when he gives Sanchez too long of a leash. But the bigger the game, the more his play calling tightens up, and consequently the better Sanchez seems to play. He has a solid knack for calling the right play at the right time.

The fact that Jet fans might disagree means nothing to me. Coordinators are like offensive linemen. They rarely get credit for putting their players in the right situation, but f*ck up a call and fans are on them like white on rice.

26. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    As a Jets fan, I agree. Sanchez would be even worse than the miserable 21 TD/11 INT, 83.1 PR season he is having. Instead of there being 8 other QB's with more TD passes, there could be 10 or 11. Schottenheimer is the backbone what little offense the Jets have. With out his ingenious play calling they would never score a touchdown. I pray that you devils don't pry this football guru away from us. In fact, I am going to go light a candle right now.

27. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You get to see his offence in action being run by Mark Sanchez. An offense that was still good enough to get to back to back AFC Championship games.

28. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    No, no. Vinny. He's a genius. Jets fans talk **** about him because they don't want other people to think he's any good. It's our secret....he's a football mastermind. I pray Miami doesn't get him. If you do, you can just pencil in Miami's name on the Lombardi Trophy.

29. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    You should have probably gone with more bite and less length if you wanted sarcasm.

The one feather in Sanchez' cap this year is that he's avoided interceptions. Except they managed to babysit him into doing that for part of last season. Emphasis on "part".

30. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    This is the doomsday scenario. And the fact people are saying this could be a good thing terrifies me.
    "This is how democracy dies, to the sound of thunderous applause."

31. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

32. Marks limitations? Shotty is way too conservative with the play calling, im not saying Sanchez is all that, but its a fact that Shotty sucks as our OC.

33. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    He got a quarterback to the AFCG that literally could not handle throwing the ball to the left. He basically only read the right side of the field on non play-action passes for a good part of the season, including playoffs. And it worked.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  34. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    He is a genius. Hope you get him.

35. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Be as sarcastic as you'd like, but the problem isn't your offensive coordinator. You could put whomever you want in there, and as long as Mark Sanchez is your starting quarterback, you're going to have to scale your offense down or get burned.

36. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You have your opinion and I have mine. Schottenheimer calls a miserable game 90% of the time. After getting 4 yards on a first down run, he'll call a wildcat play that nets 2. God forbid they should just line up and run a conventional running play that gets another 4. Makes sense to have rookie Jeremy Kerley quarterbacking the offense.

Maybe I am wrong about him. I really hope I get a chance to find out.

37. Spin it however you like, i hope you guys get him. Then we will revisit this midseason next year.

38. This past game Moore had a part in the calls for the offense, and it showed. Please god make this happen, i wish him success with you guys, just not against us.

39. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Opinions are like ********, we all have one, going to be a LOT of opinions tossed about until Ross signs our new HC. I suggest we don't get angry (especially with each other) until the dust settles. THEN we can cuss each other's opinions out :lol:

40. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    This sounds to me like speculation based solely on Brian's last name.

Ozzy and maynard like this.