1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US/European Bank Bailout, prepare for more inflation.

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by padre31, Dec 1, 2011.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

http://rt.com/usa/news/fed-european-bank-central-605/

Was not sure if this political, or economics, being probably both I thought the Econ forum needed the bump.

Anywho, this is very very insidious, most Americans, in today's economic climate would flat out refuse to bailout these Euro banksters as we "could not afford it!", lost in that is Goldman Sachs and the rest of the Banksters hold significant positions in these Euro Banks, meaning if they crashed, they'd lose their investments.

This way, "not a taxpayers' dime was used to bailout a European Bank"!

Would be on the surface, "true", where the American People are being screwed right in the wallet is what is paying for this is perceived value in the US Dollar, this undermines it, meaning every good imported into the US will now..be more expensive in relationship to the manufacturing countries currency vs the dollar.

So basically, what your lone dollar will buy in December 2011, will be less in 2012, the value of your dollar has dropped so Goldman and Co, and the rest of that ilk, can reap profits from their European operations.

These Eurobanks will borrow the funds at .5%, pay off their Deriviative obligations, and still make money buying Govt Debt that is paying them 3% interest, and Americans are losing for it.

This "big interconnected global economy" stuff pretty much means "screw you, I made money for my investors!".

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's akin to serially raping ******ed victims.

Laces Out likes this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, That's a bit much, better said this is the sort of thing that comes from Americans being disinterested in paying attention to anything that they are not pointed directly at, then told to pay attention to because "those bastard so and soes are getting over on you".

What is sort of historic about this period of time is, if one knows their grandparents, they will often say "I can remember when those only cost 10 cents"

Now, with the internet, anyone who pays the scantist attention can say "I can remember when those cost 1.00 and here is why they are so expensive today".

Otherwise, same old same old, the Elites get their way, people :yawn: then suffer down the road for it.

4. Eshlemon

Eshlemon Well-Known Member

Barnake and the FED have a massive inflation hard on rivaling mine for Morena Baccarin.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As Keynes said "in the long run, we're all dead"

What amazes me is how blatant this is.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Probably would have got more play in the PoFo, doesnt seem that many people visit here. This move is a gigantic middle finger to the average American, and a direct reply to OWS/Tea Party. It's Washington and the banksters essentially saying "So what, what are you going to do about it" and get away with it.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    My age demographic is already 60% poorer than my parents were at this age some years ago, probably heading towards 70-80% now. These economic events are going to have a radical effect on mine and succeeding generations to come.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  8. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    This is another of the Obama blunders.

We are going to lend our money to them for basically free or 600% below inflation. So the end result is the Euro will strengthen, our dollar will weaken and WE in the form of higher prices will pay for the bailout of Europe.

Way to go!!!!

Cant wait for you to run again so I can vote for you to do some more damage to this country.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is 75% of it, the remaining 25% is Banksters, like Goldman, are going to reap yet another windfall, that money is going to pay obligations owed to them by Euro banks, and they own shares in those banks as well, in effect, they are double dipping at Taxpayer's expense.

10. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Thanks for that Padre. I just wonder and become more and more alarmed each day that we are going to have serious issues soon. To the point where we are stock piling the necessary things to survive while we can. Canned goods, guns ammo and seeds. I was actually looking at a water purifier a little while ago. I have never been this concerned. Never because I do not hear anything. The people are not jumping up and down. It is like nothing is going on and no one....not even fox is covering this stuff. We are talking about trillions of dollars being lifted from right under our noses and we are just rolling along like nothing. We have a serious mess on our hands........

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That won't work 2socks, this has happened in other countries and what happens is, over time those resources are depleted and you still have to function in the economy, as messed up as it is.

As for Fox covering this, keep in mind, there exists a media&govt complex, meaning they hype the petty, and ignore the massive.