1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no love for Kellen Moore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jack Clews, Nov 6, 2011.

1. If we happen to win a few games the top qb's will be gone.You never know we could get hot.

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Because he isn't as good as the other draft eligible QBs.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Playing nobodies helps your stats.

4. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Kellen Moore is short and his arm is only average. I honestly don't see him going before round 4.

5. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Because he's short, has a pop gun arm, and plays nobody worth a damn. He's a poor mans Chad Pennington. Wouldn't touch him in the first 4 rounds, and then would only draft him to be a legit backup.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Because he's just not all that good IMO.

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Because if this franchise doesn't pick a QB in round 1 then we just don't get it and we deserve another 5 years of SUCK.

I will say though I have no problem with this team taking a QB in round 1 and then another project QB in one of the later rounds.

Boik14 likes this.
  8. PhinsPhan8

PhinsPhan8 New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    One guy I like is Russell Wilson, he's having a solid year at Wisconsin.

9. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    I liked what I saw from him early season, but lately......his decision making has been a little less than stellar, he is a little too short, and a product of the parts around him. If he was at NCST, nobody mentions him IMHO

10. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    he has the best qbr in college I'm not sure how good he is but that seems pretty impressive

11. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Why no love for Case Keenum?

12. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    David Klingalingalingler. :tongue2:

Boik14 and Larryfinfan like this.
  13. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I've got love for Kellen Moore. The knock on him is that undersized being listed as 6'1" and 191 lbs which will make it hard for a team to invest a 1st round pick and long-term contract on him. He is also not fleet of foot.

However, he is a legit QB. Winner, accurate, decision-making is off the charts. Those that claim it is against inferior competition don't appear to have actually followed his career. For example, against Georgia (yes, and SEC team) he completed 82.4% of his passes (28 of 34) and 3 TD in a 35-21 win. Last year against VT he threw 3 TD passes in a 33-30 win. Threw 3 more TD passes in a win over Pac-10 OSU in a 37-24 win.

His only two losses in 3 1/2 years as a starter is a 1 point loss to TCU in a bowl game his freshman year and an OT loss to Nevada (greatest college game ever!) as the FG kicker missed a chip shot that would have won the game at the end of regulation and missed a FG in OT as well. Moore displays similar qualities.

If Miami doesn't get an opportunity to draft Luck then taking BPA in round 1 and drafting Moore in round 2 would be WISE imo. If Moore puts on some muscle and is able to stay relatively injury free he may have a terrific NFL career.

There was another QB similar to Moore coming out of college who was a bit undersized and the knock on him is he didn't have a rocket arm. His name was Joe Montana.

14. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Moore and Keenum are the later round QB's I like. I do hope it doesn't come to that though.

15. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I would draft him along with another quarterback. Moore is a definite bargain as a west coast offense quarterback. A guy by the name of Jeff Garcia absolutely tore the NFL apart for years in the right offense and I see some very big similarities between Moore and him. You can't discount accuracy, intelligence, and mobility at the NFL level. If he is to succeed though his throwing motion needs to become totally over the top. He needs work but he'd be a nice QB to have in a Jon Gruden early decade WCO.

16. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    Reminds me of what was said about Phillip Rivers.

17. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Rivers is 6-5. There is no comparison between the two. Regardless I can see Moore being successful in the NFL if he's asked to do the right things. I would take a young Jeff Garcia on my team any day of the week. That dude took a ****ty 49er team to the playoffs twice and threw for over 30 TDs in a totally different era of football. Moore's accuracy and ability to read the field shouldn't be underestimated. That said he's a guy that can use playmakers to their best ability, similar to how Owens had some really impressive years in San Francisco with Garcia.

I would take him with a middle round pick, probably around the fourth or fifth. He'll either be a success or he'll be out of the league. He's that polarizing of a player.

18. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Gotta agree with you Jaj. Moore in the 5th is a good call. He will be a poor mans Pennington, i.e. ideal clipboard holder or he will washout of the NFL in 2 years. Arm strength normally isnt make or break for me but Moore's is pretty poor both in terms of velocity and actual distance. And he does play a cupcake schedule but I cant kill him for that because thats not his job; his job is too destroy whoever is on the schedule and he does do that.

19. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He did pretty damn well against Georgia with personnel that honestly isn't SEC grade. His distance throwing is just fine. He has a 50-60 yard accurate deep ball with good touch he can throw on anticipation.

Really with Moore it's a case of if his game translates I wouldn't mind using a fifth round pick to see it happen. If it doesn't work out, fine he's gone. No big deal.

djphinfan likes this.
  20. AdamC13

May 3, 2010
    Not sure what you are seeing with Moore's release. His motion does look a little funky just b/c he is a lefty and when he brings the ball up his elbow is out. But when he throws his release is over the top.

No way Moore makes it out of the 2nd round. Any GM thinking he can get him in the 5th is engaged in fantasy.

Moore has the chance to have the same type of impact as Dalton in Cincy. That is the way Miami should approach the draft IMO.

All these fans that think if we can't get Luck we still have to spend our 1st round pick on a QB...FOOLISH! Where would Cincy be if they spent their 1st round pick on Gabbert or Locker or Ponder? Not 6-2. Instead they took Green in round 1 and Dalton in round 2.

Miami would be much better served to draft Blackmon or Broyles in round 1 and Moore in round 2 (Griffin III also an option). Much better solution than drafting Barkley or Jones in round 1.

These comparisons to Moore being a poor-mans Pennington may have it completely backward when all is said and done.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think he could come into play with my personal plan B, which is if we don't get luck we need to take two QB'S..

I wrote last week, that we should be looking very seriously into the reasons why Chad Pennington came in and turnt this team around and had them executing consistently throughout the season..

Leadership...anticipation...intelligence..

Now the ball looks small in his hand in college, so I want to see him at the combine to see what he can do athletically before I would draft him to be that 2nd QB..

22. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Blackmon-Tannehill

or Blackmon-Weeden is an interesting toss-up.