1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Moore

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Oct 6, 2011.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [video=youtube;lc4um-flIuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4um-flIuA&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;R0JsdmJ_9xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JsdmJ_9xQ[/video]

What I like about his game is he hits the sort of touch/timing throws that Henne was having problems completing down in the redzone.

I suspect we see more sacks from Moore, but better TD production, he is not afraid to throw the ball up, and he throws the routes well that BM runs well in the redzone

Matt Moore's #1 Fan likes this.
  2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    He has a lot better anticipation than Henne. His issue looks to me like indecisiveness in his reads.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yessir, now if the OC is smart, we have a #22 who is a perfect checkdown option, DTrain is not bad either.

Otherwise he holds the ball to long and will eat sacks, the Jest will blitz the hell out of him on MNF.

I like the touch/feel down in the RZ, those sorts of routes Beast and Bline run well in that area of the field.

Now if Slaton can revert to form, the offense can show some life.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If Moore goes and wins some games & takes us out of the SFL sweepstakes, I'm going to be p.o.'d

MikeHoncho and dolfan32323 like this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Outstanding!

I really would like a successful season, then not have to go through a total rebuild, again, if MMoore gets us to 8-8 and the SFLers take it in the shorts, I may celebrate it with a nice irish coffee and a cigar.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Oh yes. 8-8 is such a successful season.

Something tells me Bill cowher will find a way to keep Vontae, Smith, Thomas, Gates, Bess, Long, Pouncey, etc.

No total re-build required.

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    how cold anyone be satisfied with 8-8 , which would mean another midiocre draft position, we need a franchise QB and this is why we need to keep that losing streak goin

dolfan32323 likes this.
  8. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm fairly certain a franchise QB could be found outside of the top-5.

9. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Going from 0-4 to 8-8 would actually start to get satisfying to me toward the end. I would assume that it wouldn't save Sparano's job but it would show that the team has something going for them, something they can build off in the future. That's quite a streak, you can keep that momentum going into the new year especially under new management.

Of course, if that happened, and Chad Henne led us to an 0-4 record where his replacements led us to an 8-4 record, expect that to be the last shovel of dirt on Henne's grave in Miami.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    at 1-15?

:lol:

I'd dearly love 8-8, or even 7-9, just so SFLers can commiserate, that would be Karmic Payback...and I'd celebrate.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    But the only one I can be relatively certain of is destined to have a short NFL career, unfortunately.

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I hope so, I think this is the best Qb Draft Class in yrs, better then 1999's with Culpepper etc, I mean if we draft say..#13 overall, and Barkley or that Tx Qb is there, or even better, Landry Jones or Kellen Moore, we have the best of both worlds, avoid an abysss season, land a Qb prospect who can be elite, 3 yrs not required to be good.

I like Luck, think he is the most polished NFL ready Qb since Manning, but refuse to cheer losses.

13. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Again with your argument that certain players are good if their team wins 8 games but crap if it wins 7. Made no sense yesterday and makes no sense today.

Sometimes bleep happens. Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Yeremiah Bell, Vernon Carey, Paul soliai, Vontae holliday and Will allen were all players who were on a 1-15 team. A variety of circumstances led to that poor record.

All of them (sans Taylor) then were key participants in the biggest turnaround in NFL history merely one season later. They were not permanently damaged by the experience nor did they become crappy players merely by being around a losing season.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sounds like the same issue as Henne. And he's not exactly a great passer of the ball. He's not much IMO.

15. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think Henne was able to anticipate as well as Moore. But Moore can't make the same throws. Moore was on the bench for a reason.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, sort of, Moore did well in 07, but Delhomme came back in 08 and they had a great season, then in 09 Richardson gave Delhomme an absurdly large contract, he player like cowflop, but couldn't be benched, in 10 Moore tore his labrum and was out for most of the yr.

MMoore is a good Qb, but never really has gotten the shot he is with us this yr, what I notice about him is guys make plays for him, Wr's previously dropped passes, for Moore they made plays.

hepcat likes this.
  17. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    He does look more comfortable than Henne.With the O line he might not make it very long though.

18. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    How does anyone root against their team and what does it say about them?

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yessir, that is my largest fear with him, Henne was a tough dude and could soak up some hits, Moore has not shown that same toughness.

MM goes down we are looking at Sage Rosenfels, and that will mean Top 5 pick.

20. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    He also missed horribly on a few throws and threw the ball right to a defender once or twice.

21. Matt Moore's #1 Fan

Matt Moore's #1 Fan New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Matt will get all the reps with the 1st team this week you have to understand with the lock out and all this is still new to him but the guy is smart and he will get better! I have no doubt that this team will go 9-7 or better the team will rally around Moore and end all of this Suck for Luck for once!! You should all be ashamed to want to loose for a QB that never plays any real competition the reason he didn't come out last year is he knew he was not ready and needs more time. I remember when that dude Leaf was a no brainer and he would be a SB MVP.....am I right?

Now I could be wrong look at what people said about Cam Newton and look at him now.

padre31 likes this.
  22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'm with you there, this "suck for luck" stuff is just foreign to me, Matt Moore is good, I suspect Marshall is going to see a ton of passes coming his way.

23. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i' m not rooting against them, i' m just not upset anymore when they find a way to lose, big difference, and i' m confident they will stay that way, all you haters will start to realize its better for the big picture

24. Alex13

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    just wishful thinking thats all it is, mixed with "no draft pick is a safe bet to make it in the nfl" statements that are just made up, this team will finish 9-3 the rest of the way ?....good LUCK

25. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Exactly. We could go 8-8 and draft Weeden at 16th overall. What the heck would be wrong with that?

padre31 likes this.
  26. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    Didn't Moore helped Carolina get Newton?

Leaf, maybe was a no-brainer but wasm't Peyton Manning a no-brainer as a #1 pick in 1998?

27. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    It would drive the SFL'ers out of their mind.

padre31 likes this.
  28. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Don't worry, Sparano will make him into Robot 2. :shifty:

The best thing I saw out of Matt was the play extension where he was pressured, moved to his right and up the field a little before throwing to a receiver who got the first down. What I didn't like was that no receiver seemed to come back to Matt on the play.

29. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is the risk/reward curve, Moore will hold the ball trying to have something get open down the field, which means he is susceptible to being blitzed, something the Jets will certainly do on MNF, which means Sparano is going to have to think long and hard about Marc Colombo's continued playing time, and Daboll has to plan for Moore being pressured.

I can honestly say, from my POV the single most disappointing thing about this season is Sparano playing guys who have no business on the football field, or are miscast, or have someone better then they are behind them:

-Marc Colombo=Nate Garner/Ryan Cook/Vern Carey
    -Vern Carey=Garner, Cook,
    -Reggie Bush=Slaton/Hilliard
    -Reshad Jones=Chris Clemons/Ty Culver
    -Nolan Carroll=Will Allen

This self imposed failure is just massively frustrating, guy screws up, Sparano shakes his head, trots them back out there for the next series as if the result will be different that time.

30. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Unfortunately, Matt Moore does not play defense for the Miami Dolphins.

31. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My main worry would be if this team does somehow inexplicably pull off a run and goes 8-8; are you just getting more of the same for the next season or two? That might just save Tony's job - and of all things, that's probably the last thing that needs to happen.

Just from a big picture standpoint, 8-8 this year probably means more 8-8 in the near future.

What's odd to me about this whole "Suck for Luck" thing; I've not seen very many, if any, people on the board actively root for Miami to lose games. They're doing a grand job of that themselves. But, given the circumstances, the moves that were made (or weren't made) and the tactics used by the coaching staff, make it awfully hard to show continued support to bad personnel move and bad coaching (which is different than actively rooting for the Dolphins to lose mind you) when there are other players and coaches out there doing it better, that Miami could have had at one point or another.

32. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I suspect the problems on Defense stem mostly from nagging injuries, the bye could not have come at a better time for that unit.

Save for Lost Jones playing, I'd put Clemons or Culver on the field in wheel chairs rather then play that ****ing scrub.

MrClean likes this.
  33. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    One of the basic problems I have with suck for luck is it excludes any positives from being discussed, for example Dtrain or Lexxy, or Charles Clay.

That is 3 months, 90 days, of "suck for luck" day after day, add in 120 days until the draft once the season ends, that is most of a yr spent babbling about SFL.

MrClean likes this.
  34. Robert Horry

Robert Horry New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I still cannot believe Clemons hasn't seen the field ONCE at FS after the complete abomination Jones has made of the position in the first four games.

35. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think most of that's in your head. Daniel Thomas, when he's been on the field, has been pretty good - and I think that's been discussed. As for Lex Hilliard and Charles Clay...I'm not sure what you mean there. Neither of them did a damn thing until the Chargers game. I think a more prime example would be Mike Pouncey (which if I remember right, you were pretty negative on in that thread in Club); he's been everything advertised and then some.

But, big picture, there's more wrong with the Dolphins than there is right with the Dolphins. They're 0-4 for many reasons. Some start at Ireland, a lot more with Sparano, and even more with the players. It's a collective issue. But again, I've not seen anyone actively rooting for Miami to lose. And, wouldn't getting Luck be a positive out of this awful mess of a season? I'd very much think so. :up: See what I did there?

schmolioot likes this.
  36. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, I name him "Lost" because he is exactly that on 60% of pass plays, constantly out of position, makes poor gambles, he looks absolutely lost on the field, and has no business playing.

Sit Colombo, sit Jones, Vontae comes back so they can sit Carroll, things could improve quickly...but Sparano refuses to make ANY moves at all, he has trotted the same starters out wk in and wk out barring injuries.

37. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Yep. No problem with the Lose for Luck crowd, I just don't like the poopin' in threads where people want to see more than a win or a loss in the games.

38. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Preach it Padre!!! :up:

39. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I really have to wonder if there's more to Chris Clemons injury status than we're being made aware of. Certainly he's a better FS than Reshad Jones - there's just simply no way you can justify playing Jones over him unless Clemons has something very wrong with him. As for Tyrone Culver...well, that's like playing Reshad Jones in a different jersey.

40. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I watched Moore last year in Carolina (since that was about all I get on my TV here), and I have to tell you that he started the season out weak and finished even worse... There were high hopes for him locally has the year before in spot duty, he played well. The drafting of Clausen and the injuries to the OL and the RBs and not having Steve Smith could have slowed his progression as well, but in general, the kid did not show very well. I remain hopeful, as I said the previous year, in spot duty he seemed to play well. As to the RZ, he made Daunte Rosario famous here in Carolina with some spectacular RZ passes...