Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Parcells ever going to admit he is a failure?

Defender of the Truth The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,492 Fist Bumps in 2,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipate View Post
    I don't think there were many realistic circumstances where Parcells was going to get through the entire length of his contract, and I don't think it was reasonable to expect it.
    I knew of Parcells history...a journeymay coach, but I like many others fell for Parcells and thought that if he was in the front office and not on the sidelines, he would be with the Dolphins for years to come.

How naive I was. But I do still wonder had Parcells not left, what shape would our team be in? Somehow I have a feeling, Parcells being Parcells, he would have fired Sparano after yesterday's loss to San Diego.

A hypothetical we'll never know the answer to.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    58,336 Fist Bumps in 19,608 Posts
    Blog Entries

Admitting his failure = admitting he hired the wrong people (Sparano and Ireland).

Admitting he hired the wrong people (Sparano and Ireland) = selling them down the river.

He's not going to do that. He'll accept personal responsibility wherever it doesn't involve selling out two guys that he in all likelihood respects and is friends with, but that can be tricky, and it's not going to satisfy a rabid fanbase.

Think about when he tried to suggest that it might have been a mistake to go with Jake Long over Matt Ryan. He had to retract those words almost immediately and Jeff Ireland had a fit, said that in no way does he or will he ever regret taking Jake Long at #1 overall. You don't think there was a phone call from Ireland in between there giving Parcells what-for about saying something that dangerous to Ireland's career? Don't assume that just because Parcells left he doesn't care about Jeff or Tony anymore.

He's much more likely to sell Stephen Ross down the river and it wouldn't surprise me if all these rumors about what Stephen Ross would and/or wouldn't allow Ireland to do in the off season as far as spending money and whatnot, weren't sourced from Bill Parcells.
    Twitter: @ckparrot

3. This Member gave ckparrothead a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    173 Fist Bumps in 114 Posts

The answer is simple, he now works for ESPN

No Tats & Dreads Allowed
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,337 Fist Bumps in 782 Posts

Biggest ego maniac ever in the NFL. Of course he will never admit he was wrong or messed up. He just tucked tail and ran when he saw the writing on the wall. That was affirmation enough from him that he screwed up....and that is all we will ever get.
    [IMG]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc389/tsw12345/b2ba2d8d-f313-455a-958a-606d48878907_zps272e2271.jpg[/IMG]

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,707 Fist Bumps in 1,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Parcells only took TWO teams to the Super Bowl, not three.

And "I'm" the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about.
    Parcells took three teams to the Super Bowl. He took two DIFFERENT teams to the Super Bowl but he did take three teams.

So yeah, I guess you don't know what you're talking about.

Defender of the Truth The_Dark_Knight's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,492 Fist Bumps in 2,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trowa View Post
    Parcells took three teams to the Super Bowl. He took two DIFFERENT teams to the Super Bowl but he did take three teams.

So yeah, I guess you don't know what you're talking about.
    He only took two different teams to the Super Bowl.

Quit being obtuse.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    19,405 Fist Bumps in 5,827 Posts
    Blog Entries

He didn't fail either Dallas or Miami. He didn't win a Super Bowl, but he very clearly left both of those teams in better shape than when he took them over. The Cowboys are likely to squander what he did for them, we'll see what we do.

He's also probably going go into the Hall of Fame this year, or shortly thereafter... And it'll be totally deserved.
    Would have been hard to leave the team worse than he found it. It was a Brian Billick charity play call from 0-16.

He may be (deservingly) going to the Hall of Fame, but Parcells indeed failed in Miami because the group he put in place is going to be swept out of here (hell, Ross already tried once). His job was to put the structure in place for long-term success and it's been the total opposite. They got a division title in Year 1 with a little luck (Pennington), but it's been a nosedive ever since. And he didn't stick around to watch it burn.

Worse yet, the group he put together can't play at home, where they've lost 11 of their last 12 games. So they've lost crowd support and the owner appears to be closing the checkbook and laying people off.

In the end, Parcells collected his money, leaked potshots at the young QB he drafted and now sits in his chair at ESPN pointing out the team's inadequacies. Thanks a lot, Bill.

The Parcells Way succeeded in Miami the way that the Titanic succeeded in crossing the English Channel. Each picked up more passengers, then sunk tragically in more treacherous waters.

Except Capt. Edward J. Smith went down with his ship.
    Follow us @DolphinsNews. David Hasselhoff does. So should you.

Become and remain familiar with the Forum Rules | Don't retaliate! Report the post () and use the Ignore Feature.

9. This Member gave Muck a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,521 Fist Bumps in 11,352 Posts

If this sh&^ gets worse than it is now with Sparano bein fired mid season, then he epically failed here..and is a piece of sh%$ for not standing by it..It doesn't get much deeper than that...When Ross took over he could of easily kept up his duties, he had Ross's respect over and over, using Ross as the reason is nothin but an excuse..

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,238 Fist Bumps in 3,809 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nope, he never will. His ego is about the size of his manboobs. He wont admit it.

Id love to see one of the guys on ESPN talk to Parcells about it when he's on. Of course, they always conveniently miss that though...

1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Season Ticket Holder Disgustipate's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    13,472 Fist Bumps in 5,698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CANEPHINS View Post
    Biggest ego maniac ever in the NFL. Of course he will never admit he was wrong or messed up. He just tucked tail and ran when he saw the writing on the wall. That was affirmation enough from him that he screwed up....and that is all we will ever get.
    Have you seen Bill Parcells speak about himself and his legacy ever?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    496 Fist Bumps in 377 Posts

the worst thing DAL did was hire Wade Phillips as HC, when Parcells left ....

the worst thing Parcells did in MIA was hire Fat Tony as HC ... we are still paying for that one. at least this year - it ends! to give him an extension ... BRILLIANT! to me, that single move said more about the capability of our 'head shed' than any player they have or have not drafted or signed.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Muck View Post
    Would have been hard to leave the team worse than he found it. It was a Brian Billick charity play call from 0-16.

He may be (deservingly) going to the Hall of Fame, but Parcells indeed failed in Miami because the group he put in place is going to be swept out of here (hell, Ross already tried once). His job was to put the structure in place for long-term success and it's been the total opposite. They got a division title in Year 1 with a little luck (Pennington), but it's been a nosedive ever since. And he didn't stick around to watch it burn.

Worse yet, the group he put together can't play at home, where they've lost 11 of their last 12 games. So they've lost crowd support and the owner appears to be closing the checkbook and laying people off.

In the end, Parcells collected his money, leaked potshots at the young QB he drafted and now sits in his chair at ESPN pointing out the team's inadequacies. Thanks a lot, Bill.

The Parcells Way succeeded in Miami the way that the Titanic succeeded in crossing the English Channel. Each picked up more passengers, then sunk tragically in more treacherous waters.

Except Capt. Edward J. Smith went down with his ship.
    It would be hard to leave it worse than when he found it, but it would be quite easy for them to remain in that hole or one like it. That's the point people are missing. Go look at the Lions, or whatever team you please that has been in the hole for the better part of a decade. That's the kind of hole we were in. An average rebuilding process does not get you out of that hole.

Bill Parcells is the best in NFL History at rebuilding franchises. He's not the best at sticking them around and seeing them through, and the team he builds might not make it over the hump, but he puts you in a much better position than you started in, and you're left in a position where you can absolutely capitalize on it. He's done it more times, and more dramatically than anyone else. He's a cleaner.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

It would be hard to leave it worse than when he found it, but it would be quite easy for them to remain in that hole or one like it. That's the point people are missing. Go look at the Lions, or whatever team you please that has been in the hole for the better part of a decade. That's the kind of hole we were in. An average rebuilding process does not get you out of that hole.

Bill Parcells is the best in NFL History at rebuilding franchises. He's not the best at sticking them around and seeing them through, and the team he builds might not make it over the hump, but he puts you in a much better position than you started in, and you're left in a position where you can absolutely capitalize on it. He's done it more times, and more dramatically than anyone else. He's a cleaner.
    So even though the coach and GM he hired couldn't win enough and gets fired, and is 0 and 4 in their 4th year, you think he was successful because he hit on Jake Long?..I really don't see anything above average in terms of building a foundation for longterm success?..

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,953 Fist Bumps in 2,491 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frumundah Finnatic View Post
    The two teams he built are disasters. He runs off to avoid the blame but the reality is that he built Miami and Dallas, and they are not good teams.
    My first instinct is to say, hey, maybe we haven't won but we certainly have better talent than when say, Saban took over...but then I think....well, that's not really saying much because Wanny left us so bereft of talent, it's taken several years to recover from anyways. You can't replace 8 yrs of bad drafting and personnel acquisition in a couple of years... I have to admit that parcells group has gotten us to a level that retooling for the next guy isn't the issue that parcells had to deal with...that said, he still failed miserably in bringing us any kind of sustained winning...

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    So even though the coach and GM he hired couldn't win enough and gets fired, and is 0 and 4 in their 4th year, you think he was successful because he hit on Jake Long?..I really don't see anything above average in terms of building a foundation for longterm success?..
    He was well above average in terms of acquisitions, and it goes beyond Jake Long. Jeff Ireland has done a good job, Tony Sparano has not. Sparano has made Parcells and Ireland's players look worse than they are.

Does Parcells take a hit because he hired Sparano? Yes absolutely. Does it make hiring Parcells a mistake? No, it doesn't. Parcells coaching tree has three different Super Bowl winners, and Parcells himself picking one to coach doesn't seem unreasonable.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

He was well above average in terms of acquisitions, and it goes beyond Jake Long. Jeff Ireland has done a good job, Tony Sparano has not. Sparano has made Parcells and Ireland's players look worse than they are.

Does Parcells take a hit because he hired Sparano? Yes absolutely. Does it make hiring Parcells a mistake? No, it doesn't. Parcells coaching tree has three different Super Bowl winners, and Parcells himself picking one to coach doesn't seem unreasonable.
    But it looks as though he picked the wrong coach Pate, Iam not sure how one can accept the job of football operations, and 4 years later the team could be headed for the #1 pick again..Talk about full circle..I mean I was willing to support their plan going into this year with the caveat being judgement time should come at the bye as to what our longterm future should be..I felt as thought that was enough time to see if the pivitol 4th year imo, would have us set up for the future competing for the playoffs..They have a chance to rebound but it looks like a failure at this point, and you gotta blame the boss who put it all in place no?

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

But it looks as though he picked the wrong coach Pate, Iam not sure how one can accept the job of football operations, and 4 years later the team could be headed for the #1 pick again..Talk about full circle..I mean I was willing to support their plan going into this year with the caveat being judgement time should come at the bye as to what our longterm future should be..I felt as thought that was enough time to see if the pivitol 4th year imo, would have us set up for the future competing for the playoffs..They have a chance to rebound but it looks like a failure at this point, and you gotta blame the boss who put it all in place no?
    I don't think Parcells gets the blame because Ross kept his guy around too long. The right decision clearly was to fire him last season, if not because of the results of the season, after you publically undermined him by courting someone else. That is the point of no return. Sparano is clearly not the right coach, but I think there's episodes of better NFL coaches losing teams too for less reason.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,073 Fist Bumps in 7,591 Posts

I think Parcells stopped putting things in a place once Ross took over.
    I am sick of this mess and I want to be a respectable team not a clown butt college
    Fire this inept ginger **** mother****er tonight please.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    4,948 Fist Bumps in 2,790 Posts

This team has cycled back to 2007 in only four short years. He was a complete and utter failure here and there's really no debate.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
    I think Parcells stopped putting things in a place once Ross took over.
    and you don't think that is still a copout Stringer? even if Ross wasn't going to meddle, which it didn't look like he was to me?.

So are you saying he stopped giving a sh&^ about his job because of the owner changing hands?...I still have no respect for that, and he deserves a good beatin.