1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by pocoloco, Oct 2, 2011.

1. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I'm sitting 0-4 and need to change things around fast. Part of it is just being unlucky. Everyone runs with 9 positions, non-PPR, and I've consistently run into the highest or second highest scoring guy each week (like 120+ pts). I'm the second highest scoring team in the league, but that doesn't seem to be good enough.

QB: Tony Romo
    WR: Calvin Johnson
    WR: Steve Smith (CAR)
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    RB: Felix Jones
    TE: Vernon Davis
    Flex: Tim Hightower
    K: Lindell (still settling on a guy)
    DEF: Jets

Bench: Fitzpatrick, Santonio Holmes, Lance Moore, Jordy Nelson, Kendall Hunter, Bernard Scott
    and I have the #1 waiver priority, since I picked last in the first round

What to do? The only guys I really really don't want to trade are Johnson, Smith, and McCoy.

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Theres not much you can do dude. We all have seasons like that and its just frustrating. Im having that year in my 150 pay league. 1-3 in a 14 team league and in 4 weeks Ive run in to the highest scorer every week. Thats a solid roster you have.

Its like having Peyton, Gates, Andre Johnson all on your roster :(

pocoloco likes this.
  3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    hey, screw you, I have Gates on my roster. :angry:

:tongue2:

I'm 2-1.... soon to be 2-2 and my top 5 picks have probably been less significant than my bench. lol.

pocoloco likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would sit tight. All you can do is put together a talented roster and wait for things to balance out. The last two years I started 1-3, squeaked into the playoffs and won it all. Even if things never balance out, it makes no sense to torch a good roster.

pocoloco likes this.
  5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to sit tight, as no one is that keen on trading right now.

I have a 50/50 chance to flip Hightower and a bench receiver for Jahvid Best, but that's it. That Washington backfield is bizarre, and I would love if Hightower became someone else's problem to be honest.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The one thing I would be doing for certain is starting Nelson over Hightower. Like you said the Washington backfield is a mess and Nelson has a td in 6 of his last 7 games and his role seems to be growing. Even if he is 3rd in the pecking order in GB that seems to be better then 1st in the Washington backfield

pocoloco likes this.
  7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Jason Hanson would be a good pickup at K if he still available.

I would go with Nelson at flex as well like Boik said.

Your roster is pretty solid overall though, sounds like you are just hitting guys that are getting lucky at the right time. The only other thing you could try (and its always risky) is playing matchups.