1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rosario joins Reggie as last men on the field..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    ''Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Henne is very happy the Fins signed TE Dante Rosario. Rosario gives MIA 2nd TE with receiving skills.

Henne was quoted as saying in reference to Rosario, “We need it”. “It really opens up the defense to have threats inside and outside.”

Dante Rosario has been putting hard work since signing and has joined Reggie Bush as the last Dolphins on field. After practices Rosario & Bush have been seen catching passes from the jug machines.

Seems fans are not the only ones who envision Rosario as a solid back up to Fasano. Rosario is listed as the #2 TE on the Fins Depth Chart...

All I'am looking for is an upgrade..nice to hear him workin with Reggie..

2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Good stuff. I wanted rosario ever since that game winning catch 2 or 3 years ago. Glad to have him

Larryfinfan, ssmiami and MrClean like this.
  3. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    As I posted on this site for nearly a month, after it became abundantly clear Zach Miller wouldn't be coming to Miami, Rosario was the guy I really wanted. Glad he's on board and glad to hear he's working hard and making an impression. This guy is unheralded and his stats don't impress but from his days at Oregon he has shown athletic ability and will prove to be the receiving option we so desperately need at the TE position to compliment Fasano.

Boik14 and dolfan22 like this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yeah, that catch against the Bolts was sweet. Dante could quickly be one of my favorites since he is a SNOB, like me. His hometown where he played High School sports is pretty small...Dayton, Oregon has a population of about 2,500 and High School enrollment of about 350. When I was a kid, they played 8 man football. Not sure if they still did when Dante went there, but I'd not be surprised if they did. He played Safety, MLB, RB and returned punts in high school. He was named the 2002 Oregon 2A state defensive player of the year, and earned first-team all-state honors on both offense and defense in 2002 while leading the Pirates to the state 2A title. He was center on their state champion basketball team and was a sprinter on the track team. He did not have elite speed, even for 2A, but he did it just for the chance to run against the fastest kids available so as to help his speed and get off for football.

I do not remember this as for the famous last second catch, but it is kind of humorous:

The G Man and Trowa like this.
  5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    the way darren sproles was used against the packers last night would be nice to see with reggie as well, more carries obviously, but no returns

6. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Henne was quoted as saying in reference to Rosario, “We need it”. “It really opens up the defense to have threats inside and outside.”

So , all the sky is falling fans that mentioned that too were either right or just agreeing with the QB.

7. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    having seen what Clark has done for Indy and last night what Finley did for the Pack, having a TE who can stretch a D with a bit of speed and has good hands - always an asset.

8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Agree with Rosario, I've wanted him as a second tier "seam-busting TE" all along. What I'm confused about is why we have 4 TEs on the roster now... But Yeatman, Mastrud, Rosario and Fasano ?? I don't really get it...Mastrud would most likely clear waivers and make the PS...Seems odd to me...

9. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Mastrud may not be eligible for the practice squad. For some strange reason, they may like what they have seen of him and want to keep him on the roster as a developmental guy. Personaly, I don't see it.

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He played in 8 games last year. He has one more, then he is over the limit. He was also not on the 53 man roster for the entire season which would also have negated his eligibility. He was on the roster for just 14 games.
    So anyway, yes Mastrud is eligible.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Dante Rosario was a good signing. He made the most sense for an acquisition that could immediately step into a #2 role. I'd have rather had Daniel Hardy than Will Yeatman though. I don't think Yeatman will prove to be a good claim, in the end. I think the Dolphins should have ponied up for one of the talented TEs on other teams' rosters, particularly any of the Green Bay TEs.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    This move was very needed. Im glad to see it was done.

13. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    good to have you back....missed you :)

14. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Green Bay is loaded with TE talent. Tim Hasselbeck broke down a play they ran on SC today and I got so jealous. They went 3 wide with 3 TE's (Crabtee, Finley & Quarless or Williams can't remember). They had a LB split out wide guarding Crabtree and it was the easiest 10 yard hitch completion for a 3rd down conversion ever. They ran it again and had a big 10 yard gain out of it. You've got mismatches in the run game with TE's blocking DB's on the outside and you're making LB's get outside the hash marks. You can also attack the passing game because of those mismatches. It's crazy the talent, ability and mismatches they are able to create on that team.

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Rosario was atheltic and has some great hands for a TE. Loved watching him here in Charlotte. He was pretty much their #2/3 WR at times last year (with jimmy claussen throwing) hence the bad numbers.

djphinfan and unluckyluciano like this.
  16. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    He lost the back up role to Derek Anderson.

That is like going for manager and then losing the fry cook job to a guy without arms.

SICK and FinNasty like this.
  17. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Yeah I reviewed all five of the TEs during the preseason and I was shocked. I'd already had exposure to Crabtree and Quarless and knew they were good. What was shocking was the fact that the WORST of the five seemed to be Mackey Award winner D.J. Williams, who played as a true on-the-line Tight End in a pro style offense for Arkansas, even though he's small-ish, and dominated the college scene. Still a great prospect, I don't particularly care that he looks the worst of the five in that unit in his rookie year, and I know he's got extremely high character...but it says something about the unit when your Mackey Award winning draft pick is the lowest on the totem pole. The guy that's the real surprise is Ryan Taylor of UNC, who filled in for Zach Pianalto once he got hurt in 2010. Taylor seemed to get better every game but still had some facepalm moments, but he's just one of those guys that kept getting better all the way through his pro training camp and then you see him in preseason and you're like...holy cow, this guy's actually GOOD.

Tom Crabtree very underrated. Excellent blocker, underrated as a receiving option.

18. 5thAmendment

5thAmendment Banned

Aug 29, 2011
    Good stuff. I think Daboll will do a lot of that kind of thing this year. Clay lined up at WR several times during the preseason, I suspect we'll see Rosario used the same way. Put a TE/WR hybrid on the field and dare the defense to play base defense, if they go nickel you run at them. The Pats made a killing that way last year, until they played a (Jets) team who could stop their run game out of the nickel, cover their outside WRs one on one and use their safeties to help out on the TE's and Welker. Guess who else has the defensive personnel to do that?

Miami 23
    NE 17

Book it.

19. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Am I the only one who keeps thinking of

[​IMG]

Every time I see a thread about this guy?

20. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Let me nudge her awake and let her know you are a fan.