Thread: Rosario joins Reggie as last men on the field..

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,964 Fist Bumps in 11,626 Posts

Default Rosario joins Reggie as last men on the field..

''Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports Henne is very happy the Fins signed TE Dante Rosario. Rosario gives MIA 2nd TE with receiving skills.

Henne was quoted as saying in reference to Rosario, “We need it”. “It really opens up the defense to have threats inside and outside.”

Dante Rosario has been putting hard work since signing and has joined Reggie Bush as the last Dolphins on field. After practices Rosario & Bush have been seen catching passes from the jug machines.

Seems fans are not the only ones who envision Rosario as a solid back up to Fasano. Rosario is listed as the #2 TE on the Fins Depth Chart...

All I'am looking for is an upgrade..nice to hear him workin with Reggie..

Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz Ultimate Cheesy Shape Shooter Champion Table tennis Champion Cards 'n Chips Champion Word Buster 2 Champion Life Turn Champion The Feeder Champion Killcode: Red Bowls Jelly Champion International IQ Test Champion Hungry Dino Champion pennphinfan's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,526 Fist Bumps in 1,323 Posts

Good stuff. I wanted rosario ever since that game winning catch 2 or 3 years ago. Glad to have him

3. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to pennphinfan for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,707 Fist Bumps in 1,160 Posts

As I posted on this site for nearly a month, after it became abundantly clear Zach Miller wouldn't be coming to Miami, Rosario was the guy I really wanted. Glad he's on board and glad to hear he's working hard and making an impression. This guy is unheralded and his stats don't impress but from his days at Oregon he has shown athletic ability and will prove to be the receiving option we so desperately need at the TE position to compliment Fasano.

5. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Trowa for a solid post:

No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,855 Fist Bumps in 12,270 Posts

Yeah, that catch against the Bolts was sweet. Dante could quickly be one of my favorites since he is a SNOB, like me. His hometown where he played High School sports is pretty small...Dayton, Oregon has a population of about 2,500 and High School enrollment of about 350. When I was a kid, they played 8 man football. Not sure if they still did when Dante went there, but I'd not be surprised if they did. He played Safety, MLB, RB and returned punts in high school. He was named the 2002 Oregon 2A state defensive player of the year, and earned first-team all-state honors on both offense and defense in 2002 while leading the Pirates to the state 2A title. He was center on their state champion basketball team and was a sprinter on the track team. He did not have elite speed, even for 2A, but he did it just for the chance to run against the fastest kids available so as to help his speed and get off for football.

I do not remember this as for the famous last second catch, but it is kind of humorous:

In the Panthers' 2008 season opener against the Chargers on September 7, Rosario overcame double coverage to catch a 14-yard touchdown pass in the back of the end zone as time expired, to give Carolina a 26-24 victory against the heavily favored San Diego Chargers. It is considered to be one of the most memorable catches in Carolina Panther history. When the game ended, Fox's final statistics leaderboard for the game mistakenly displayed the name of actress Rosario Dawson.

7. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to MrClean for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,150 Fist Bumps in 2,556 Posts

the way darren sproles was used against the packers last night would be nice to see with reggie as well, more carries obviously, but no returns
    My job right now is to push him," said Lazor, who was Nick Foles' QBs coach last year. "I’ve got to make it very hard for him out here on the practice field. I heard a rumor that some people reported that we’ve made it hard for him on the field. That’s on purpose. That’s how you build a quarterback, and he’s coming."

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    2,468 Fist Bumps in 1,619 Posts

Henne was quoted as saying in reference to Rosario, “We need it”. “It really opens up the defense to have threats inside and outside.”

So , all the sky is falling fans that mentioned that too were either right or just agreeing with the QB.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    6,487 Fist Bumps in 2,647 Posts

having seen what Clark has done for Indy and last night what Finley did for the Pack, having a TE who can stretch a D with a bit of speed and has good hands - always an asset.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,957 Fist Bumps in 2,495 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agree with Rosario, I've wanted him as a second tier "seam-busting TE" all along. What I'm confused about is why we have 4 TEs on the roster now... But Yeatman, Mastrud, Rosario and Fasano ?? I don't really get it...Mastrud would most likely clear waivers and make the PS...Seems odd to me...

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    15,968 Fist Bumps in 5,406 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Larryfinfan View Post
    Agree with Rosario, I've wanted him as a second tier "seam-busting TE" all along. What I'm confused about is why we have 4 TEs on the roster now... But Yeatman, Mastrud, Rosario and Fasano ?? I don't really get it...Mastrud would most likely clear waivers and make the PS...Seems odd to me...
    Mastrud may not be eligible for the practice squad. For some strange reason, they may like what they have seen of him and want to keep him on the roster as a developmental guy. Personaly, I don't see it.

No matter where I lay my head, my heart is always in OREGON!
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    22,855 Fist Bumps in 12,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Mastrud may not be eligible for the practice squad. For some strange reason, they may like what they have seen of him and want to keep him on the roster as a developmental guy. Personaly, I don't see it.
    He played in 8 games last year. He has one more, then he is over the limit. He was also not on the 53 man roster for the entire season which would also have negated his eligibility. He was on the roster for just 14 games.
    So anyway, yes Mastrud is eligible.

Draft Forum Moderator ckparrothead's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    59,387 Fist Bumps in 20,022 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dante Rosario was a good signing. He made the most sense for an acquisition that could immediately step into a #2 role. I'd have rather had Daniel Hardy than Will Yeatman though. I don't think Yeatman will prove to be a good claim, in the end. I think the Dolphins should have ponied up for one of the talented TEs on other teams' rosters, particularly any of the Green Bay TEs.

15. This Member gave ckparrothead a FIST BUMP for this post:

F-A-L
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    784 Fist Bumps in 477 Posts

This move was very needed. Im glad to see it was done.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    5,150 Fist Bumps in 2,556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    good to have you back....missed you
    My job right now is to push him," said Lazor, who was Nick Foles' QBs coach last year. "I’ve got to make it very hard for him out here on the practice field. I heard a rumor that some people reported that we’ve made it hard for him on the field. That’s on purpose. That’s how you build a quarterback, and he’s coming."

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,777 Fist Bumps in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Dante Rosario was a good signing. He made the most sense for an acquisition that could immediately step into a #2 role. I'd have rather had Daniel Hardy than Will Yeatman though. I don't think Yeatman will prove to be a good claim, in the end. I think the Dolphins should have ponied up for one of the talented TEs on other teams' rosters, particularly any of the Green Bay TEs.
    Green Bay is loaded with TE talent. Tim Hasselbeck broke down a play they ran on SC today and I got so jealous. They went 3 wide with 3 TE's (Crabtee, Finley & Quarless or Williams can't remember). They had a LB split out wide guarding Crabtree and it was the easiest 10 yard hitch completion for a 3rd down conversion ever. They ran it again and had a big 10 yard gain out of it. You've got mismatches in the run game with TE's blocking DB's on the outside and you're making LB's get outside the hash marks. You can also attack the passing game because of those mismatches. It's crazy the talent, ability and mismatches they are able to create on that team.
    http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3899/football0yz.jpg

Drink it in Miami.
    Hispanic Heritage Month...

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    32,816 Fist Bumps in 13,336 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rosario was atheltic and has some great hands for a TE. Loved watching him here in Charlotte. He was pretty much their #2/3 WR at times last year (with jimmy claussen throwing) hence the bad numbers.

20. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to SICK for a solid post:

I drink your milkshake! Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    11,428 Fist Bumps in 6,181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SICK View Post
    Rosario was atheltic and has some great hands for a TE. Loved watching him here in Charlotte. He was pretty much their #2/3 WR at times last year (with jimmy claussen throwing) hence the bad numbers.
    He lost the back up role to Derek Anderson.

That is like going for manager and then losing the fry cook job to a guy without arms.

22. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Dol-Fan Dupree for a solid post:

Draft Forum Moderator ckparrothead's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    59,387 Fist Bumps in 20,022 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rdhstlr23 View Post
    Green Bay is loaded with TE talent. Tim Hasselbeck broke down a play they ran on SC today and I got so jealous. They went 3 wide with 3 TE's (Crabtee, Finley & Quarless or Williams can't remember). They had a LB split out wide guarding Crabtree and it was the easiest 10 yard hitch completion for a 3rd down conversion ever. They ran it again and had a big 10 yard gain out of it. You've got mismatches in the run game with TE's blocking DB's on the outside and you're making LB's get outside the hash marks. You can also attack the passing game because of those mismatches. It's crazy the talent, ability and mismatches they are able to create on that team.
    Yeah I reviewed all five of the TEs during the preseason and I was shocked. I'd already had exposure to Crabtree and Quarless and knew they were good. What was shocking was the fact that the WORST of the five seemed to be Mackey Award winner D.J. Williams, who played as a true on-the-line Tight End in a pro style offense for Arkansas, even though he's small-ish, and dominated the college scene. Still a great prospect, I don't particularly care that he looks the worst of the five in that unit in his rookie year, and I know he's got extremely high character...but it says something about the unit when your Mackey Award winning draft pick is the lowest on the totem pole. The guy that's the real surprise is Ryan Taylor of UNC, who filled in for Zach Pianalto once he got hurt in 2010. Taylor seemed to get better every game but still had some facepalm moments, but he's just one of those guys that kept getting better all the way through his pro training camp and then you see him in preseason and you're like...holy cow, this guy's actually GOOD.

Tom Crabtree very underrated. Excellent blocker, underrated as a receiving option.

Banned
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    65 Fist Bumps in 31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdhstlr23 View Post
    Good stuff. I think Daboll will do a lot of that kind of thing this year. Clay lined up at WR several times during the preseason, I suspect we'll see Rosario used the same way. Put a TE/WR hybrid on the field and dare the defense to play base defense, if they go nickel you run at them. The Pats made a killing that way last year, until they played a (Jets) team who could stop their run game out of the nickel, cover their outside WRs one on one and use their safeties to help out on the TE's and Welker. Guess who else has the defensive personnel to do that?

Miami 23
    NE 17

Book it.

Nobody's Fart Catcher MonstBlitz's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    8,427 Fist Bumps in 4,097 Posts

Am I the only one who keeps thinking of

Every time I see a thread about this guy?

The (FIRED) Pasty White Legs of Failure.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    14,280 Fist Bumps in 7,709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MonstBlitz View Post
    Am I the only one who keeps thinking of

Every time I see a thread about this guy?
    Let me nudge her awake and let her know you are a fan.
    I am sick of this mess and I want to be a respectable team not a clown butt college
    Fire this inept ginger **** mother****er tonight please.