1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins work out Rosario

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Some of you like this guy, and he was cut by Denver. Miami worked him out today.

2. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Thanks for expanding on my thread. Seriously.

3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Rosario and Yeatman are two completely different guys. Rosario is a guy that might help now, not in a year or two. Yeatman is that developmental guy. I don't know if they are very serious about Rosario, but he can catch the ball. He might be a good complement to the TE position on this team. Mastrud is more of a blocking TE.

However, we have to keep Yeatman on the roster for at least a period of 3 weeks, so Rosario is probably not an option at this point.

4. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I think Yeatman is a better blocker than Mastrud now. Rosario is competition for Mastrud, not Yeatman. Rosario is a more balanced tight end than Mastrud.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yeatman seems to me to be a guy you would want if you were more like the old Henning offense. Another inline blocker for two TE sets. Rosario is a good pass receiver primarily and would seem to me better suited for this offense.

6. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

So ...

I am not one for spy theories , but that was an odd signing to me. Does Miami really feel Yeatmen will add on the field elements to this season , or as a TE can he shed some light on how NE may approach the season opener and knowing that being burned by TE's has been a reoccurring problem for this team? Double TE' formations don't seem to be a priority and not sure what he would be able to provide unless they see long term development?

7. MrClean

Why do we need our 2nd TE to be a guy who is mainly a blocker and who's best routes are a 6 yd curl or hook? They have some kind of aversion to any TE who may challenge Fasano for being the best pass catching TE.

8. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Getting him would be a smart move....doesn't mean itll happen.

9. Dr. Mookie

Dr. Mookie New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    West Hollywood, CA
    Dawson?

10. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    did we ever worked someone out and signed him up on the spot ? , another 3 weeks maybe and roasrio could be ours

padre31 likes this.
  11. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    www.twitter.com/MikeKlis

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Rasario was loved up here in charlotte nc. Hes more of a WR than a TE. Very athletic!!!

5thAmendment likes this.
  13. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

What are the chances Rosario makes it through waivers and is available in three weeks? Sounds more like what we need than Yeatman.

14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Rosario is one of those guys who seems to have everything he needs to be damn good but just can't get his head to align with his body. He had some pretty good catches against us in 2009 IIRC and he's fairly athletic. He needs a coach maybe.

15. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I like Dante Rosario, especially as a guy in 2 TE sets with Fasano. He isn't Anthony Fasano when it comes to blocking, but they're both in the 6'4 250 range, so I think he could be taught that. Nor, do I think he's that bad, as he had to be decent at it while getting playing time in the run heavy offense of Carolina.

We keep seeing these flex TE's become available. We all want this type of player, but Miami has shown time and time again, that they value blocking and holding the point of attack in higher regard than a guy shooting down the seam. Even with David Martin, he was a guy that had to block to get onto the field.

I think it'd be a mistake passing up Rosario for Mastrud.

Boik14 likes this.
  16. sandcastle

sandcastle Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    My guess is that they want TEs that similar skills Fasano (inline blocker) while offering a bigger target on his routes. A flex TE negates the advantage of Reggie Bush as defenses are likely to replace a LB and be able to more effectively disguise their coverage. Moreover, the Jets-Patriots playoff game showed how crowded the middle of the field becomes when outside WRs do not get open. With Henne's strengths and weaknesses, it's less risky to have him try to gain some success with outside throws of 10-25 yards; rather than trying to fit the ball in the middle of the field to a speedy TE.

As for the TE position, Less is More can lead to better execution if the back-ups maintain Fasano's skill level while he reduces his snaps. The TEs take lots of shots so hopefully if all works out, Fasano uses his experience to find soft spot in coverage, Mastrud uses height to catch ball behind LBs and seam, and Yeatman is a safety value that can absorb hit and gain a few more yards to put offense in favorable 2nd or 3rd down situation.

This can change in few weeks if Mastrud performs like Nalbone. If he holds his own, then Yeatman can solidify his role as blocking TE and safety value.

17. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    damn she is hot

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  18. MrClean

There are no waivers with Rosario. He is a UFA, and can sign with whomever he comes to an agreement with.