1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Taylor could begin his acting career early if the Dolphins don't trade him?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Apr 18, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole suggests that Jason Taylor could begin his acting career early if the Dolphins don't trade him.
    Yahoo contacted the Dolphins about Taylor's situation on Friday, but the team refused comment. Cole says Taylor still wants out of Miami and "has his eyes wide open" to a career in Hollywood. That isn't going to help the Dolphins' leverage. The Jaguars are believed to have a third-round pick on the table for Taylor, but will likely have to up their offer to attain him.

Rotoworld.com

Thoughts on Cole's comments and on the possible proposal by the Jaguars?

first&goal likes this.
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Jason is a competetor and he still has the fire but he's realized he's wasted here. He's not buying into anyones system again, as none have panned out. Let him have a chance to go out on top somewhere else and do his thing after football, just get some compensation for it and move on, I'm tired of hearing about it.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree.

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm ready to be done with him and have him gone already.

As far as I'm concerned, he's out of here already.

first&goal likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I know im supposed to defend him because he's my "son" but I just cant in this case. Fine, go dance and have fun on a silly tv show, but now to think that is going to spring you into an acting career, and threaten to leave the team if you dont get traded, this is getting annoying. Again I know im to defend him... but If we can get a second, and a 4th(or 5th) I say we ship him off. And if that deal gets done BEFORE the draft... or before we make our first pick, then lets hope we draft Chris Long, or Gholston

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :eek: are you giving up on your son??? Your going to just let him go for some exchange student that you dont even know?

7. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    haha no. im not giving up on him, but im frustrated with his attitude. he needs a good beating. haha especially after seeing him in that pink too-too :no:

All games aside though, If the opportunity comes along, and we can get that kind of compensation for him... son or not. ship him out. afterall, it probably will be better for the team in the long run

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    LMAO

Yeah I hope we can trade him. I love what he has given to this team over the years, all the heart and etc but theres a sad ending to every good thing and unfortunately, its time for this one imo.

9. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I'd take the 3rd and be happy. It's only a 3rd, but it's better than nothing.

alen1 likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    True, if you keep waiting for the right one, you will eventually end up with even less or nothing like you said.

FinsPensFan likes this.
  11. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    no way. He;s worth more than a single third round pick thats for sure. :up:

12. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I don't know if the Jags are the only suitors.

The Cowboys and Patsies should be interested. Indy won't have the cap space. The Chargers have Merriman so I don't see them having too much interest in another top tier outside rusher. The Giants could use JT could you imagaine the havoc he could create in a D-line that is already stacked. The Saints need a good pass rusher and have Drew Brees running a good offence.

But if the Jags are the only ones showing interest and JT talking about retirement it could be all we can get. It's a sucky deal for us, but sometimes a bad deal is better than no deal.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yes he may be but what you have to consider is that there may not be any more suitors other than Jacksonville. The Minnesota Vikings are discussing the possibility of acquiring Kansas City's Jared Allen for a first and second rounder I believe. When first reported that JT may be out and his suitors were named, I believe the Vikings were at the top by contemplating an offer of a 2nd and 3rd rounder. But now since they are likely to acquire Allen, they will be out of the picture.

The next possible team was the Packers. The Packers still are in a need for a Defensive End because of the departure of Corey Williams who was their DT/DE. It was reported that the Packers were contemplating an proposal of a 2nd and 4th rounder for JT. They may not feeling the same way right now and could lower their offer.

Those were the teams interested but now may not be. The only left are Jacksonville and maybe Green Bay like I said earlier but thats a maybe. Green Bay may offer the same thing that Jacksonville is but the Packers could have a setback because of the new signal caller in Rodgers and I think we should honor JT's wish just like we did Zach's. So that leaves Jacksonville as the only team that is a likely destination for Jason and I think we should attempt to trade him their for the third round pick that is being reported.

Another option is keeping Taylor but he is getting old and we are basically rebuilding this team so we need all the draft picks we can get. If we wait another year, the best we could get for JT is possibly a fourth or fifth. Ship him now and get what you can before he starts declining or before he changes his mind about football. JMO.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. CyPhin

CyPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    NW NJ
    But it is not always about what one person is worth, but about what someone will pay. Jared Allen is said by Smith on ESPN tonight to be on his way to Minnesota shortly. It will be interesting to see what Speilman may pay for Allen.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The Cowboys could be a possible suitor but they have yet to be mentioned except for once when Zach signed with them and their were opinions stating that JT could follow his brother in law or whatever he is to him nowadays. The Giants I think are set at Defensive End. If Strahan retires, they will be looking to move Mathias Kiwanuka in the void left by Strahan.

The Saints acquired Bobby McCray this off-season as a backup to Charles Grant and Will Smith who are very good pass rushers. Grant received a big contract this off-season and I wonder if the Saints want to have that much money tied up in to the Defensive End position.

EDIT: As for the Patriots, they are a divisional team which I and I think everybody else dont see us trading him to.

The Chargers I think won't be possible trade suitors for the same reasons you said. JMO.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. Smith said that it is expected to be at least $70 million with $30 million guaranteed.

17. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    On NFL Network tonight, they had on the around the web segment, that Jacksonville could persue trades for Jason Taylor and Chad Johnson as well. We shall see. I think if we can get a second rounder I would pull the trigger. I appreciate everything he has given to the team, and the organization, but I think it is time to move on.:wink2:

alen1, cnc66 and first&goal like this.
  18. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I hear you bro. But a big question is will Chad be a team player, or all about him still? They will be loaded brother.:wink2:

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    How about a 3 way trade. Cincy, Jacksonville, and Miami. We get Ocho Cinco, Jacksonville gets Jason Taylor, and Cincy gets a 2nd rounder. Tadda! Everyone is happy!

20. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

Well, Stroud is considerably younger than Taylor and hasn't publicly flirted with retirement either. I would want a 2nd for Taylor as well, but if Taylor ups the antes by doing a "trade me or I retire" kind of thing then his price is free falling and you might reach the point where getting anything beats getting nothing. That's why I was a strong proponent of trading him last offseason by the way. Too bad Mueller and Cameron didn't have the balls. You could've talked someone into a 1st this year.

21. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't disagree with the Taylor stuff here, but we released Zach, he could have gone anywhere he wanted, so all we did for him was release him early enough to have the opportunities to go somewhere else. He was damaged goods and we certainly weren't going to get anything from anybody for him.

As to honoring his wish, bunk...if he wants to play ball still and we can trade him, fine but the compensation has to be right. He'd still be a valuable piece to this team if he stayed though. For him to demand a trade (or any player) for that matter is wrong. The last few years, there's been turmoil and new regimes certainly and the team hasn't been very good, but they've continued to pay him quite handsomely, even tho his play wasn't enough to pull the team up. It has been stellar play, no doubt, but he is acting (if in fact he's really behind this) like a spoiled child that can't get his way...even though he's Jason Taylor...

22. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I could see a trade with the Cowboys but why would they need or want JT?

The Giants couldn't afford this salary..

The Saints? Well yes they could use JT but again his salary would probably nix this trade.. And this is the first that I have heard or read that the Saints were interested in JT..:confused1:

Parcells would NEVER trade a player to a divisional rival! I don't care if it was for a #1 pick!

So the only logical team that has shown the most interest is Jacksonville..

And the longer he stays on the Dolphins roster the less likely that JT will be traded..

Marino1983

23. Dolphin Don

Dolphin Don Season Ticket Holder

Jan 5, 2008
    Copenhagen
    I agree, he is a class act though IMO and hopefully this will get sorted quickly so that it won't end on a sour note with the fans.....................not for less than a 2 round pick though! :up:

P.s. Alen, how did you become a Gunners fan when you reside in Florida?

alen1 likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't mind that at all as long agrees that he wont be greedy and be an arse.

Yeah I understand the Zach thing, I was just pointing out that we could have tried to keep him and look at our options in the market but out of respect to him, we let him go and choose his own team.

I agree with your JT take but don't you want something in return for him before he hangs it up? He has been kind of annoying with this dancing crap and other stuff such as the he would trade the whole team for Brady. I understand its a joke and he did include himself in that trade (lol) but you dont go out and say that as a team leader. I think we should get what we can for him because next year, his market value will be lower due to his age. Also, we are in rebuilding so he will have an impact on this team no doubt but are we really going anywhere this year?

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I am originally from Europe (Bosnia to be exact). Been a soccer fan all my life and watch the games on tv as much as I can.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah true but age factors somewhat doesn't it?

Taylor is 33 and will turn 34 during the season where Stroud is 29.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Wel if he wants to go play for someone else then embark on a ****ty acting career then by all means trade him for a second.