Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 138 of 138

Thread: ThePHINS Survivor 2 - Challenge #9

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 485 Times in 295 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If I could chime in, GIK is right that internet speed should not be an issue, but perhaps your actual connection is completely dropping? I stayed at a Holiday Inn once and the wifi there was never better than one bar and I kept losing it.

  2. #122
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Default

    puzzle 5 19:45...


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to pennphinfan For This Useful Post:


  4. #123
    'Parcells' Guy Skeet84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,676
    Thanks
    2,438
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Rep Power
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    **** you too.

    Look at where I live.

    Internet speed is NOT an issue.
    The important fact is they sell Alcohol past 9 pm

    Sick

  5. #124
    'Parcells' Guy Skeet84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,676
    Thanks
    2,438
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Rep Power
    200

    Default

    My team is doing a great job and when I say my team I mean Hurricane and Penn LOL

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skeet84 For This Useful Post:


  7. #125
    A world of pain Trowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,788
    Thanks
    2,571
    Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Rep Power
    218

    Default

    Yeah. Looks like you guys are gonna take this one. I'm gonna keep plugging away tomm if I get a chance but I haven't made much progress anyway and school work comes first and I have a project due next week that's worth 30% of my final grade :-\




  8. #126
    Underrated Free Agent Dolfan984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,055
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked 973 Times in 601 Posts
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    Well there's about 3 1/2 hours left and so far it looks like the Knights have this one on a stranglehold. I gotta give it to you guys, those are some impressive times. As talented as *I think* I am I don't think I'd have a chance against them either.


    Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolfan984 For This Useful Post:


  10. #127
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan984 View Post
    Well there's about 3 1/2 hours left and so far it looks like the Knights have this one on a stranglehold. I gotta give it to you guys, those are some impressive times. As talented as *I think* I am I don't think I'd have a chance against them either.
    i'm glad at least at this point it hasn't been that back and forth today. i actually had the time to wash/detail my car which i've been itching to do for a few weeks now.

    sadly i'm just gonna drive it back to the desert again this week and screw it all up again.. sigh

  11. #128
    Underrated Free Agent Dolfan984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,055
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked 973 Times in 601 Posts
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    Knights of the Night win!

    Great job Penn and Hurricane you truly dominated this challenge. Skeet Shooters you have 24 hours to submit me your vote. Next challenge will start Tuesday 10:00PM EST and it will be a speed challenge.


    Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolfan984 For This Useful Post:


  13. #129
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan984 View Post
    Knights of the Night win!

    Great job Penn and Hurricane you truly dominated this challenge. Skeet Shooters you have 24 hours to submit me your vote. Next challenge will start Tuesday 10:00PM EST and it will be a speed challenge.
    just FYI I cheated. I asked my friend who works at NASA to ignore the space shuttle and write a jigsaw solving algorithm and then forced him to give it to me without any sort of payment by blackmailing him about tattling on his dereliction of work duties. He actually designed the program better than it seemed to work but the Marriott internet firewall blocked some of its capabilities, namely the part where it automatically sends a picture of the completed puzzle/time and a middle finger directly to Monst's email address. The email would also contain a Trojan that would hack into his computer and send me proof of his illegal pr0n collection, which I could then use to blackmail monst into paying my first friend for the program (as to not burn any bridges for the future)

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pennphinfan For This Useful Post:


  15. #130
    Underrated Free Agent Dolfan984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,055
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked 973 Times in 601 Posts
    Rep Power
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post
    just FYI I cheated. I asked my friend who works at NASA to ignore the space shuttle and write a jigsaw solving algorithm and then forced him to give it to me without any sort of payment by blackmailing him about tattling on his dereliction of work duties. He actually designed the program better than it seemed to work but the Marriott internet firewall blocked some of its capabilities, namely the part where it automatically sends a picture of the completed puzzle/time and a middle finger directly to Monst's email address. The email would also contain a Trojan that would hack into his computer and send me proof of his illegal pr0n collection, which I could then use to blackmail monst into paying my first friend for the program (as to not burn any bridges for the future)
    Good thing you didn't tell me this earlier. You would've been DQ'd for sure!


    Ricky Williams - "I will always be a Dolphin."

  16. #131
    A world of pain Trowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,788
    Thanks
    2,571
    Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Rep Power
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post
    just FYI I cheated. I asked my friend who works at NASA to ignore the space shuttle and write a jigsaw solving algorithm and then forced him to give it to me without any sort of payment by blackmailing him about tattling on his dereliction of work duties. He actually designed the program better than it seemed to work but the Marriott internet firewall blocked some of its capabilities, namely the part where it automatically sends a picture of the completed puzzle/time and a middle finger directly to Monst's email address. The email would also contain a Trojan that would hack into his computer and send me proof of his illegal pr0n collection, which I could then use to blackmail monst into paying my first friend for the program (as to not burn any bridges for the future)
    I figured when you said you cheated you were gonna say you bribed my networking teacher into assigning this 15 page network design document project. Blergh!




  17. #132
    ...dirty drownin' man? Colorado Dolfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,570
    Thanks
    8,759
    Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,543 Posts
    Rep Power
    296

    Default

    Sorry about not posting any scores here... best I could do on the waterfall or lion was about one minute...

    Only chance I thought I had was on the blackjack one... sitting at about 12 minutes with all the edges done... then the batteries in my wireless mouse gave out... Hate that crap!

    These puzzles are definitely easier in the physical form...
    Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

    ...get happy.

    -Cam Wake

  18. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 485 Times in 295 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Dolfan View Post
    Sorry about not posting any scores here... best I could do on the waterfall or lion was about one minute...

    Only chance I thought I had was on the blackjack one... sitting at about 12 minutes with all the edges done... then the batteries in my wireless mouse gave out... Hate that crap!

    These puzzles are definitely easier in the physical form...
    No excuses; online puzzles should be your thing... you are chair force, no?

  19. #134
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    No excuses; online puzzles should be your thing... you are chair force, no?

    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennphinfan For This Useful Post:


  21. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 485 Times in 295 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennphinfan View Post

    Lol if you're going to go through the trouble to edit a picture, at least use a real image, not Call of Duty

  22. #136
    Former Moderator GridIronKing34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Age
    26
    Posts
    22,793
    Thanks
    6,194
    Thanked 14,640 Times in 7,081 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Lol if you're going to go through the trouble to edit a picture, at least use a real image, not Call of Duty
    He didn't want to give away your REAL location.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GridIronKing34 For This Useful Post:


  24. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 485 Times in 295 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GridIronKing34 View Post
    He didn't want to give away your REAL location.
    My implication was that comparing Call of Duty to the actual military is even more insulting than my original statement.

    Edit: Not that it matters, we won the challenge

  25. #138
    Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz pennphinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,832
    Thanks
    1,520
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Rep Power
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    My implication was that comparing Call of Duty to the actual military is even more insulting than my original statement.

    Edit: Not that it matters, we won the challenge
    well i was either going to use that or this:



    so i think i went with the more accurate option.

Similar Threads

  1. ThePHINS Survivor 2 - Challenge #2
    By Dolfan984 in forum ThePHINS.com Team Survivor
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
  2. ThePhins Survivor - Challenge #12
    By Dolfan984 in forum ThePHINS.com Team Survivor
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 10:10 AM
  3. ThePhins Survivor - Challenge #10
    By Dolfan984 in forum ThePHINS.com Team Survivor
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 02:59 PM
  4. ThePhins Survivor - Challenge #9
    By Dolfan984 in forum ThePHINS.com Team Survivor
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 09:46 AM
  5. ThePhins Survivor - Challenge #2
    By Dolfan984 in forum ThePHINS.com Team Survivor
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •