1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll for current Survivor players. Need full participation

Discussion in 'ThePHINS.com Team Survivor' started by Dolfan984, Jun 7, 2011.

How would you like the flow of this game run the rest of the way?

1. Option 1

7.1%
  2. Option 2

35.7%
  3. Option 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Option 4

50.0%
  5. Option 5

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    This poll only counts for Current Survivor players including Finfangirl.

Option 1: Keep the current system of challenges on the weekends (usually Sunday) and trying to keep it at 1 challenge a week at most

Option 2: Change it from challenges starting primarily on the weekends to weekdays but still only have a challenge once a week at most

Option 3: Change it to having multiple challenges during the weekdays if possible.

Option 4: Change it to having multiple challenges during the weekdays and/or the weekends. Basically try to have the game go like last years.

Option 5: None/Other, present your idea if you pick this option

MonstBlitz likes this.
  2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    option 4. more challenges. om nom nom nom!!!!

3. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Option 4 cause if it goes on weekend and week days no one will get a clear advantage and the game won't drag like it has been

GISH likes this.
  4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I was between 2 and 3.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    really, this game has been dragging. ever since the chess challenge it feels like this game is making no progress.

6. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    yeah option 4 is fine, on the stipulation that hopefully speed challenges during the week can be as late as possible to allow for west coasters to get home from work in time

7. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I voted for four... and there's three people above me claiming the same... but there's only three votes for it :zoom:

8. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    People asked for the last challenge to be postponed due to Memorial Day Weekend. I don't think that's too unreasonable for a break. It's all up to you guys though

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    right. im not complaining, just giving feedback.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Quit ****ing complaining

GISH likes this.
  11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    My vote was number 5, with this as my vote -

Challenges starting on Mondays, maybe only one challenge per week, possibly extending into weekends if a longer challenge. If it's a quick challenge finishing before Wednesday or Thursday, start another one.

In hindsight, I guess this really isn't that much different from #4. So if it's close between 4 and any other options, consider me #4.

[​IMG]

12. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't feel like the game has been dragging. We've done 7 challenges in 9 weeks. That's not too bad when you consider that 2 of the challenges were week long challenges and we took a week+ break for Memorial day. Even the real Survivor takes weeks off. Personally, weeknights are awful for me because of school. I don't get home till 10, 11 EST most weeknights. This is fine if it's not a speed challenge, but hell last year during the maze challenge by the time I got home from school Dender had already done them all and the competition was over.

So to answer your question, I'm fine with challenges on the weekdays and the weekends both, but I would say that if you did a speed challenge during the week, like Penn said the later you could start it the better.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  13. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Doesn't the real survivor take place over ~40 days? :confused2:

14. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    It's probably recorded over 40 days. But it airs over like 3-4 months.

15. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Yes, that's correct, but it doesn't really help the point you were trying to make. At all.

( If you're going to go around saying you don't like me, I might as well make it so you have a reason to :) )

16. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Trust me, I don't need more reasons.

17. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    They're getting paid.

18. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    They get voted off every 2-3 days but an episode is once a week :P

19. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Skeet and Trowa I need you to vote officially please.

and Monst I will count yours as #4 unless a lot of people like your idea and want to go with that instead :up:

I'll be sending PMs/FB messages to people who haven't voted today

MonstBlitz likes this.
  20. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    If I were starting a speed challenge on a weekday I'd definitely start it later than 8. Probably 9:00-9:30

21. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

His argument was from the contestants' perspective because... get this... we're contestants :P

If not, then it's like saying he wants to be a movie star, because you only have to work for two hours twice a year.

I'm pretty sure that there's a hoodie in it for the winner.... even though getting paid has nothing to do with this debate.

[​IMG]

22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Was it really necessary to take a week off for a one day holiday? and honestly, you not being available for weeknights shouldnt factor into this at all. In fact, no ones schedule should factor into this game. you can either participate or you cant. simple as that.

Hurricane likes this.
  23. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I agree to a certain extent, but that's why I think there should be a mix of challenges that happen on weekdays or weekends. That way every player and every team is affected somewhat evenly. All weekend challenges is going to hurt the same people over and over again, and same for all weekday.

Personally I enjoy nerdy **** on the internet with the best of them but I also try and have a life. Life happens on the weekends for me and most people my age. I know a lot of you guys are younger meaning the difference between a weekday and weekend isn't so big.

24. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    You're missing the point. The real "Survivor" contestants... it's their job. They're all actors.

This isn't our job, thus the slower pace.

25. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I'm not saying this to spite you, but rather because it's the best phrase to come to my mind: I agree to a certain extent.

I would like this to go on for as long as possible, because its the only football-related enjoyment I'm getting until college football starts... but on the other hand, we've nearly doubled the time it took to film a survivor season and we're not even at the merge. It's annoying to have to keep checking and the only update here is related to the Trowa/Skeet affair. I'd like to have something to do, even if its just a side challenge or something.

I know I have at least one backer when I say I feel like it's been dragging. Maybe we don't have to do a challenge a day, but maybe one speed and one long-term challenge per week could be nice. Let me propose a format:

Monday-Thursday: Week-long Challenge
    Friday: Voteoff
    Saturday: Speed Challenge
    Sunday: Voteoffs, announcements, etc

We are competing for a prize and it's supposed to be fun... but as of now, that's limited to like 30 minutes/week. I think my format corrects that.

For people who work during the week, it's not a big deal, because the challenge lasts all week and it's not imperative that they're there for it. Saturdays, on the other hand, seem to have worked for everyone so far and then Sunday is a break. It speeds up the game... but not too much, and it'd work for everyone (although I could be wrong). Anyone with me here?

Skeet84 likes this.
  26. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I misread option 2 at first glance. I actually don't mind the sound of that either. Basically I should have let my ******ed brain soak in these options a little longer before voting.

27. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

That sounds like a great plan

28. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Can't change your vote once voted! GRAAGGHRAAHHH

29. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not a problem, I'm fine with 2, 4, or 5. So long as most challenges don't happen on weekends anymore.

30. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    You are allowed to change your vote until it's official. As long as you have a legitimate reason too anyway.

The only problem with Hurricane's plan is we only have 5 team challenges left. I front loaded the beginning challenges with longer challenges so I could use the speed ones later. The two reasons for that were we started very early this year, I really wanted the draft challenge to be the 2nd challenge but #4 isn't bad. Secondly I wanted the big challenges early so we would have challenges late in the game that required nobody to sit out. I have more speed challenges left than longer ones plain and simple. The merge is a similar story because we can't have individual challenges that take a week to do. Go look at last years merge challenges as examples.

If anyone has any ideas on some good challenges let me know. I think them up by myself and draw them up on this board. I have a brand new one coming this week which I think is really good.

So what I'm saying is if we decide to have it flow like last year, I can't just do 1 week challenge and 1 speed challenge on a set schedule. It'll just have to be my random unknown challenges as usual.

31. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    my comment was meant to be a joke.. in light of the recent voting fiasco. i dont really care what happens

MonstBlitz likes this.
  32. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Looks like just Trowa and Rocky have to vote....and maybe Monst can pick a definitive one. :P

33. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Last person to not vote switches places with FFG on redemption island. :)

34. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm going to pick 4 then. Just to tip the scales and I'm hoping after this is decided we can get the challenge started this week?

35. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Only need Trowa and that's everyone

36. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    I'll take my chances and remain on RI....having too much fun here!

37. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I agree the pressure during RI challenges is great I think it's been a good addition.

38. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    [​IMG]

GISH and Hurricane like this.
  39. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Okay what I'm going to do is go with a slightly modified version of #4. It will be like last years, just slowed down a hair. (only reason being RI) We're looking at 2 challenges a week minimum unless a challenge somehow runs long. Next challenge will be up tomorrow at 10:00PM EST

GISH likes this.
  40. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Thank you. this down time kills the game.

Hurricane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.