1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 GM League Winners

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by GridIronKing34, May 17, 2011.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Congratulations to the 2011 GM League winners... I know all of you worked very hard on your rosters and I am sure you all believe you have one of the best teams (as you should) so don't be discouraged if you didn't win an award. I have full intentions to sim one season using this roster in Madden 2012 so it'll be something else to look forward to. I would make banners for all the winners, but I have a lot going on this month... I'll try to come up with something by the end of the month, however other graphic artists (hint-hint, GISH/VO) are more than welcome to come up with something of their own if they want... I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks again for a successful 2011 GM League and I look forward to next years league... here's to a good season of football for us and a ****ty season of football for schisno (stupid Pats fan).

2011 GM League Winners

GM OF THE YEAR UCF Finatic, Eagles

GM of the Year Standings
    1. UCF Finatic (25 points)
    2. Vengeful Odin (18 points)
    3. UCFinFan86 (16 points)
    4t. alen1 (8 points)
    4t. Boik14 (8 points)
    6. GISH (6 points)
    7. Fin-Omenal (5 points)
    8. GridIronKing34 (4 points)
    9t. Skeet84 (3 points)
    9t. Paul 13 (3 points)
    11. Desides (1 point)

TEAM ON THE RISE Arizona Cardinals

TEAM BUILT FOR NOW Atlanta Falcons

FREE AGENT STEAL OF THE YEAR Vernon Carey, OT, $1.1M (SF)

DRAFT STEAL OF THE YEAR Jake Locker, 2.45 (MIN)

TRADE OF THE YEAR San Francisco 49ers-Oakland Raiders-Baltimore Ravens 3-Way Trade

BEST IN TRADES Philadelphia Eagles

BEST IN FREE AGENCY Denver Broncos

BEST IN DRAFT Kansas City Chiefs

FEUD OF THE YEAR GISH vs. PSG vs. schisno (The Manning Fiasco)

MOST IMPROVED GM Sean, Redskins

ROOKIE GM OF THE YEAR Desides, Browns

BEST OFFENSE Philadelphia Eagles

BEST DEFENSE Kansas City Chiefs

BEST RUNNING BACK DUO/TANDEM Kansas City Chiefs

BEST WIDE RECEIVER UNIT Philadelphia Eagles

BEST OFFENSE LINE Phialdelpia Eagles

BEST DEFENSE LINE Denver Broncos

BEST LINEBACKER UNIT Baltimore Ravens

BEST SECONDARY Green Bay Packers

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Thanks for the bulletin board material for the Dolphins this year group, we are going to let Danny Amendola drop-kick FG's lat in the game after being up 20 on your asses!

In all seriousness the BEST GM won GM of the Year hands down...although how in the FLOCK was Paul below Alen, Me, or Skeet? Yall dudes is crazy!

Also Finsbuck as a first year GM deserved ALOT more love than you guys gave him, look real close next time at what that rookie GM did with the worst team in the league last year.

Also how do you not name Atlanta best WR tandem? Miles Austin, Mike Wallace and Desean Jackson!!! Baffled by that aswell....one day you will all be as smart as me and vote accordingly.

3. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    This was such a great GM year. Tons of drama, a bunch of insanely good teams; I feel like everyone improved their roster in some shape or form.

I agree about Finbuck, as well, a lot of the young guys did really, really well for their first years. A lot better than my first year were I traded Asomugha for Matt Schaub lol. The future of the GM League looks bright with all of the rookies.

I also agree about the WR tandem, as well. I would take Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, DeSean Jackson, and Greg Olsen over Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Davone Bess, and Fred Davis. If the Falcons are in 2nd place in the voting here I will Officially Rescind the Best WR tandem award and give it to the Falcons. He deserved to win that award; all those speedy WRs on the field with Rapelessburger is just dangerous.

UCFinfan86, Boik14 and Paul 13 like this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Am I disappointed for being shutout? Of course, I'm highly competitve, but it's okay, I'll get over it :lol: ... However, let me just say I'm a lot more disappointed by the lack of GM's voting! By my highly unofficial count, only 17 of 32 GM's voted. Now, I know there were some GM's who fell by the way side but I also know there are some GM's who are highly participatory who apparently chose not to vote. Some were voted in several categories and I'm sorry but that just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, look forward to the Madden sim GIK, thanks for setting that up with your busy schedule ahead (or perhaps not so busy now that you are graduating, Congrats on that!!). I'm curious to see how everyone does in the simulation. For those of us that don't buy Madden, are you just going to post the results here or is there a Madden forum that can accomodate that?

Thank you to all of those that voted for me in whatever category you did. For those of you that didn't, I'm just glad you voted :up:

Lastly, big congrats to all the winners especially UCF Finatic for winning GM of the Year. That's twice in three years. Quite an accomplishment. Sorry for all the ribbing in my thread, it obviously had no affect on the vote... actually it probably helped you if anything. :lol:

Boik14 and Stitches like this.
  5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think it'd be cool to do a sub-forum here with week by week results (scores, top performers from each game, injuries, etc).

6. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Awww <3.

I'm also mind boggled at how Atlanta didn't get the best WR tandem.

And how did Miami not win either the best defense or best secondary award? With all do respect to the Packers (they did a great job in the GML), I don't see how a team that has a rookie starting at CB + Morgan Burnett starting (who only has played in 4 NFL games) can win the best secondary award. I thought for sure the Lions or Dolphins would win the best secondary award.

Congrats though, everyone. It was fun league.

UCFinfan86 and Paul 13 like this.
  7. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I kinda feel the same way...a lot of our picks were very similar and while I thought most everyone did a good job, it was incomprehensible to me how certain teams were left out of certain categories.

I also agree with Paul, that voting is part of the game, why do it if you are not going to see it through?

Paul 13 likes this.
  8. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    At least vote by secret ballot... perhaps everyone should vote by secret ballot so feelings aren't hurt. Eh, I dunno... Over the weekend I volunteered for my daughter's Brownilympics... a one day event for first thru third graders. My daughter's troop got second place in one of the events to which I was very proud. But then at the end of the awards ceremony, they called all the troops up that hadn't yet received an award and gave them one. Now, okay... I understand they are young and shouldn't be taught to be competitve all the time... but to have a sign behind the award ceremony that reads "where every girl is a winner"... I don't know. The life lesson should be you don't always win, sometimes the attempt to win can be more fulfilling than the victory itself. Making everyone a winner sends a bad message IMO. It spoils them. Ok, that's enough overly political talk for one day.

9. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I don't think any real award is clear cut, but Andre Johnson, Roddy White, and Davone Bess is a beast squad as well. If we ranked those receivers I think most would have something like this: Johnson, White, Austin, Jackson, Wallace, Bess.

Yes there should be a huge gap between Wallace and Bess but as a pure slot WR we all know hes a machine. Plus, Jackson going across the middle.....

[video=youtube;ZhET1IC0gMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhET1IC0gMo[/video]

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not everyone is going to agree on how players work together or work in a scheme. And I think we all had aspects of our teams that we felt were being overlooked or underappreciated. For example, I thought my DL and LBs were very good to excellent. But the wider GML disagreed, which is fine.

In the end, you build your team the way you want and then use the writeup at the end to persuade people. It’s flawed, but nothing’s perfect.

11. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Finsbuck did do very well this year, but a lot of rookie GMs did. I am actually surprised by how some of the rookies caught on quickly.

There were some very good WR groups out there and I will tell you that Philadelphia won by a few points. I can understand why they won and I don't think it's outrageous at all.

Some people want to avoid pissing people off with their votes, which I understand. As long as we have a decent sample size (15 is good enough for me) then I am fine with it.

I plan to sim a week probably every Wednesday (or something) to give us something else to look forward to. I want to sim only one week at a time so I can record the stats and it won't be so much work to do a little bit every week.

12. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thanks for all the hard work Griddles, and thanks to everyone for another great GM League season. This might have been the best yet. Can't wait to see how the sim goes.

Desides likes this.
  13. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I wanted to vote, but to be honest I didn't pay enough attention to everything where I felt I would be making an accurate decision. I did learn a lot about the league this year, and next season I should be better prepared.

Thanks to everyone, especially GIK for setting this up!

UCF FINatic likes this.
  14. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank you so much for all the hours and hard work you put into making this GM League a success!!!

Here is my reaction in regards to the Madden sim:
    [video=youtube;LGZCKlonx78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZCKlonx78[/video]

15. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Congrats to those who won...now prepare to get beaten in the Madden sim :)

Fin-Omenal and Stitches like this.
  16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If we do it as an online league I can help record stats and stuff. :thumbup:

17. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Where does Fitzgerald, Jennings and Hester fit in with the six of them?

I would say Fitzgerald, Johnson, Jennings, White, Jackson, Austin, Wallace, Bess, Hester.

18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'd consider buying Madden if it would be of any help.

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

For starters I would assume Atlanta wouldnt put Desean in the slot rather keep him outside and let Miles Austin go over the middle because THAT guy plays like he just dont give a ----. IT was close but I think Atlanta had the best corp.

For the record imo it goes....

Fitz, AJ, Austin, White, D-Jack, Jennings, Wallace, Bess, Hester

Whats the median?? Dont know but all of those WR's are pretty damn good. Also the Giants Corps wasnt far behind those groups either.

Its an imperfect system and I know we ALL dont look at things the same way but I feel like Paul and Finsbuck deserved better. I got shutout and while I feel like my RB's could form a nasty combo I cant argue someone else won. Defensive Line? I think top to bottom I had the best because the depth was there.

Anyway the Madden will show a few things, it wont be perfect but neither are we.

Without thinking too hard I see a Pats/Falcons SB (only because they may not have the young beasts PHI has rated high). Me? Ill say 11-5 wild card.

Paul 13 likes this.
  20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Johnson, Fitzgerald, White, Jennings, Austin, Jackson, Wallace, Bess, Hester for me.

Very close between the 1st 2, 2nd 2, and 3rd 2 though.

21. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It'd be on 360. :shifty:

Paul 13 likes this.
  22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I think you guys are underestimating Austin a tad. He is a much more rounded WR than Jennings imo.

Boik14 likes this.
  23. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Whoa, second place? I played this year and didn't expect to win anything ... so it's cool that you guys recognized my work. I'm also glad everyone liked my draft, defense, and running backs. Pretty cool to get some recognition.

And all you guys talking smack about the Madden sim just keep talking. I'll just keep quiet over here with my underrated team.

24. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This. :shifty:

25. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    and that'll save me 60... :lol:

26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I totally disagree... i have mancrush though on Jennings, which I admit to. He is top five in this league, I think he's in the mix for third best WR overall, challenging Wayne. THe reason I like Fitz over Johnson is he's two years younger. AJ is turning 30 this year IIRC.

27. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    underrated? I don't think so bro... hence the recognition you got... however, my Patriots will destroy you.

28. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    That would be my ranking as well. I would love to put Jackson at the very end because I can't stand the guy. I just think hes a huge D-bag and hate that I'm forced to watch every Eagles game. I'll never understand why teams keep putting an average CB on him without safety help.

29. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Thanks for finally voting for me for something.

Paul 13 likes this.
  30. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    When the Madden Sim comes out you will all find out I am the greatest and you all suck!!!!!!!! ;)

31. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    So, how about those custom sigs for the winners? I need to get Sparano out of my posts somehow. :shifty:

32. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    ill whip something up

33. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  34. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vengeful Odin and Desides like this.
  35. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    last but not least

[​IMG]

Desides likes this.
  36. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'd like to point out that you misspelled Feud. :shifty:

37. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    dammit. i suck at spelling. photoshop doesnt have spellcheck. :pity:

38. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yes there is... its like "Edit < Check Spelling" or something like that.

Thanks for the sigs, much appreciated.

UCFinfan86 and GISH like this.
  39. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    :rolleyes:

40. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    got something to say friend?