1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need good thoughts/Prayers

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by SICK, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    My grandfather is in the hospital, has been for a few weeks now. 95% of his liver is worthless. Hes a big drinker, and only 62.....but its been pretty rough. Today (this morning soon) they are pulling the breathing tube from him, to see if he can breathe on his own.

He can do 1 of 2 things. Start breathing, and maybe make it. Or stop breathing.

Its been pretty rough for my family and I. Recently (before going to the hospital) he started seeing a women we know 100% was into crack, drugs, and using him for his social security money. Pops, if you knew this man, was all about women, and has told us on many occassions that if he went out of this world with a lady in bed with him, he'd be dying happy.

But we knew this women was evil, using him, possibly (most likely) deseased. So we kinda cut contact with him, so he wouldnt bring her around our family, we didnt want her to know where we lived, our phone numbers etc.

Well my brother and I (we were very close to pops) started recieving phone calls......he was leaving drunk messages, telling us to call back, wanted to say hi, tell us something, or some dumb stuff like that. He always left a message, and he was always loaded.

So we figured "same ole' pops"

Well.....about 2 weeks ago (before he went into the hospital) He was calling me, every once in awhile.....not leaving messages though. Come to find out, when the landlord of his place found him, he was in his bed, had not gotten up in a few weeks, and needed medical attention badly.

I know he did this to himself, we warned him, and sadly we were prepared for this. But apart of me, crys daily thinking "what if he was calling me for help" and I didnt answer.

My family said I shouldnt beat myself up over it, I am the grandchild, he should be responsible and more mature.....but that doesnt help me from feeling badly. I dunno maybe i could have helped him? And what makes it worse, because of who he was with, and me not recognizing the number, I put it in my conacts as "pops dont answer"

Its eating at me.

I saw him saturday in the ICU, they are bringing him in and out of sedation so he can open his eyes, and maybe show some function. I went into the room and my mom said "dad, christopher is here"........he turned, with all his might, opened his eyes, saw me, and smiled a HUGE smile.........it broke my heart. I love him so much and I hate what he did to himself. and to his family. Hes the nicest, funniest man I know. Kind, never angry, big **** talking Eagles fan haha. It is just killing me.

I hope he makes it. I pray he makes it. I just don't know if he will.

Any good thoughts are appreciated.

-Chris

jetssuck, MonstBlitz and Boik14 like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Tough situation Bro, smoke and prayers and kind thoughts for his recovery, he was always in your heart and thoughts bro so do not be to hard on yourself.

SICK likes this.
  3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

You have my thoughts and prayers as well. I pray for your "Pop's" recovery and for peace for you.

SICK likes this.
  4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Thoughts and prayers for your family.

5. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Prayers headed your way, man.

6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Keep your head up for him our prayers are with you.

7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    So sorry to hear this Chris.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tried to pm you, but it's full.

SICK likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Cleared my pm box deb.....thanks everyone! my grandfather is out of the hospital, nothing short of a miracle really. He will never be the same again, pounding 10 kinds of medicine. Unreal situation......i appreciate all the thoughts, i truly believe it helped.

Sethdaddy8, RGF, MonstBlitz and 3 others like this.
  9. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Great news. I pray all of you enjoy this "second chance" at life itself. What a wonderful gift for you all.

SICK likes this.
  10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Good news bro. Sorry i did not see this sooner. Hopefully things continue to get better for him. :)

SICK likes this.
  11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Good news bro. Hope he feels better.

SICK likes this.
  12. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Great news Chris......very happy for you and your family bro

SICK likes this.