1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ThePHINS Survivor 2 - Challenge #4

Discussion in 'ThePHINS.com Team Survivor' started by Dolfan984, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Knights of the Night win!

NFL Draft Challenge!

This is a laid back challenge that just requires one sheet from each team. Use your draft knowledge to help in this challenge, or your research ability to help give a decent opinion. Just because you're not a draft expert doesn't mean you can't find the information you need for this challenge.

We're going to use the first 6 picks that the Miami Dolphins have. I know they have 8 picks but 2 of those are late 7th round picks and I'd rather make it more about people more likely to be on the team.

You have a number of categories you have to answer, each worth a varied amount of points. You are only allowed a max of 8 points per round.

Scoring: You get 5 guesses per round on who you think the Dolphins will pick.

First Guess = 5 points

Second Guess = 4 points

Third Guess = 3 points

Fourth Guess = 2 points

Fifth Guess = 1 point

If you guess the players conference that he was drafted from you earn 2 points.

If you guess the players position you will earn 2 points.

*You cannot put down DB, you must put CB or S. I will make a final ruling on tweeners with research. Example: Jason Allen was drafted and it said DB, and played a ton of corner in college, but Nick Saban planned to make him a safety, so I would consider him a safety in that draft)

If you guess whether the player drafted is on offense or defense you will earn 1 point.

An example of a round on your answer sheet would be

Pick #1: First guess: player here
    Second guess: player here
    Third guess: player here
    Fourth guess: player here
    Fifth guess: player here

Conference: SEC

Position: QB

O/D: Defense

Tiebreaker: In case somehow we have a tie in points at the end, I have 5 questions each team will answer when they turn in their answer sheet. The only reason we have multiple questions is if we have duplicate answers, or another tie. If the first question is either of those, we'll move onto Question #2. If as an example Team A answered Question #1 correct that would end the tiebreaker and the rest of the questions would not matter.

Question 1: How many Qbs will be taken in round 1?

Question 2: How many WRs will be taken in the first 2 rounds?

Question 3: How many OLmen will be taken in the first three rounds?

Question 4: How many LB's will be taken in round 4?

Question 5: How many RBs will be taken in round 7?

Trowa and Skeet you have until Thursday 2PM EST to turn everything into me. I will post each teams answer sheet once I have both available to me.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not trying to be argumentative with the guy in charge, but we have more than 6 picks.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  3. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Ah I didn't realize the compensatory pick and that draft pick from Justin Smiley :lol: oh well if Trowa and Skeet would rather do 8 that's fine. Only thing I don't like is 3 picks in the 7th round. Almost 40% of the game right there.

4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I am fine doing First 6.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  5. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Trowa said the same thing so we'll go with that. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

6. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    I take it we're assuming our position and number of picks is unchanged?

7. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    yeah we're going to go with the first 6 picks. :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.