1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ThePHINS Survivor 2 - Challenge #1

Discussion in 'ThePHINS.com Team Survivor' started by Dolfan984, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Knights of the Night win!

Team Name/Flag Challenge

Well guys it's finally time to start this thing off. It starts as soon as it's posted.

This is a two part challenge most of you guys should know the drill at this point.

Part 1:
    Create a team name.

The captains have two choices. They can make the name, or they can take suggestions from their teammates and either vote or have the captain choose the best name. An easy way to show you're a part of the team and active early during what is probably the most individual team challenge is to gives some funny or creative names/ideas to your captain.

I will be gathering everyone's contact info through PM's to get their AIM screen names. For returning players I will put up last years info, but still send you the PM to make sure nothing has changed. Also using the group feature on facebook is a decent way to keep in contact with your team and give ideas behind closed doors. AIM isn't mandatory but if you want to go far in this game and contribute as much as you can you'll want access to your teammates during challenges and IMO it's the best way to go. Both captains and myself use it often so you'll probably want to pick it up.

Part 2: Make a flag/sig/banner with your new team name.

Lots of people last year put these in their sigs to rep their team which I figure will be the case with at least some of you guys again. It easily identifies what side you're on when you post on here and usually they end up looking pretty good. You can assign one person to do this, or have multiple people try. I personally think that having more than one person send in a banner and having the best one be submitted is the best recipe for success.

You have until 8pm EST Sunday to turn in your flag. I'll post both of them up and make a link for the rest of the board to vote on which one they like the best. I'll give that a week to gather votes, the loser has to vote someone off.

The only real rules are obviously keep the size reasonable, and you are allowed to do things Dolphins related but don't actually use Miami Dolphins in your name. This is a Dolphins forum so please don't try to be cheap and get easy votes because of it. Hopefully you guys are creative and do something completely different. Example: Marshall's Marshalls of last year was borderline but I allowed it. Something like No Name Defense or Killer Bees will not be accepted.

This will be the longest challenge in the game, but that's because we're starting very early and I want the NFL draft challenge to be early in the game.

denderfeliac and MonstBlitz like this.
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

My aim account is: miamification

SICK and Dolfan984 like this.
  3. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    AIM: talktothegish

currently only available via my phone. aim on my pc wont work for some reason. im going to try a uninstall/reinstall tomorrow.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  4. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    there's also a webpage you can use that gives you a website version of aim. if that doesn't work i bet the website does

GISH likes this.
  5. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Ya, Meebo, I use that instead of aim usually

6. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Get pidgin. It's the best out there and it bundles AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, etc and it's never given me a single problem.

GISH and Dolfan984 like this.
  7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    AIM: SgtPepper204

Dolfan984 likes this.
  8. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Guys as much as I love the whole avatar thing (and I do) please don't have your flag flashing each image. :lol: i know gish is a wizard with graphics and gifs so it's fine if he uses his magic but I do want it to be flag/sig like as well.

9. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    My reaction when I saw The Office avatars
    [video=youtube;31g0YE61PLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/video]

I've seen every episode of The Office at least 5 times lol

Edited to fix image. IMGUR is great but you can't upload .gifs larger than 2MB.
    Edit #2. .gif image doesn't want to work, replaced it with youtube video of the same scene.

Big E and Dolfan984 like this.
  10. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Can't wait to see your guys banners within the next 6 hours. :)

11. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Just to be clear, I made this point last year but realized I haven't this year. You cannot go to other boards to get members with little to no posts to vote for your flag. It's cheap and I consider it cheating.