1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Clemson Tigers thread. (future champions of the ACC)

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by ToddsPhins, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm probably the only member so please feel free to occasionally stop by and watch me talk to myself.

2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yes, TP, you probably are the only member.

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I know right!................... but it's quality, not quantity, stoopid. :wink2:

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Too bad you have neither.

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yes I do. You just don't understand me!

***hole.

6. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    What does this have to do with Clemson ruling the ACC with their new firepower offense and best future linebacking trio in the country?

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Nothing........ but you started it. Quit hijacking my thread......... troll.

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey!! Don't make me separate you two again!

9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Who the **** are you?!!

10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'm bored. Let's go to the Canes thread and talk about how packed their stands get.

11. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

unluckyluciano likes this.
  12. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Crap..... I wasn't expecting any company. Sorry if the place is a mess.

13. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Back-to-back losses to your archrival Carolina Gamecocks on the football field, plus you've now lost the 15 out of the last 20 in baseball, including last weekend series loss and the 2 the Tigers lost in Omaha, to Carolina, which launched us into the National Championship series, that we won.. discuss amongst yourself (singular). :)

ToddsPhins likes this.
  14. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    No disagreement there. SC has kicked our butts in basically everything during the past couple years. It's nice to finally have some in state competition. lol. Makes it all the sweeter when we go on another run. :tongue2:

The football team is about to take off. Expect to see an Auburn type offense with an Oregon tempo, but in the ACC. When you get an OC like Morris, give him 3 of the top 10 WRs in the country, one of the most electrifying backs in the country, then he's going to do some serious damage. I wouldn't be surprised if we landed one of the top QBs in the country next year b/c of all the talent in place around him.

It'll be difficult to match us point for point & keep up with our tempo, especially when competing against a Steele run defense.

This is the first time in probably 20 years that I've felt some serious optimism.

charlestonphan likes this.
  15. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Dabo is still the head coach.

alen1 likes this.
  16. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    and it's been longer than 20 years since carolina could hold braggin' rights, so thanks for taking my BS with a grain of salt. are you a CU alum? i went to College of Charleston, but have always been a Carolina fan. my best friend and my cousin roomed together at Clemson from 87-91, and i had some of the best times of my life up there partying with them. i pull for Clemson every week but the last week of November. great campus, great gameday atmosphere, the whole nine yards. truth be told, i would rather my three daughters go to Clemson, than Carolina. the USC campus is spread all out over Columbia, and General Sherman did his job well when he burned it down, there just ain't much there, there, as the saying goes.

though USC has done a great job revitalizing the area around the Vista, Colonial Life Arena, the baseball stadium... and the gated greek house development in Columbia has got to be the nicest college frat/sorority house community in the south, so they are at least trying. but Clemson is a true college town, and a safer place to go to college IMHO. and even though my oldest is only 11, that's the kind of stuff i worry about these days.

y'all had an amazing recruiting class. to get all three of those LB's (which has always been a strength at Clemson since i can remember, back to Levon Kirkland and beyond) plus three of the top 5 WR's in the country was incredible. in all seriousness, the rational, smart Carolina fans i know are scared, and keep telling themselves it's ok, because you don't have body to throw it to them... but you just know there will be.

i am hoping for both schools to be Division Champs on the way to the SEC and ACC Conference Championships when they play each other, just once. this state would come unglued!

ToddsPhins likes this.
  17. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    This is true, but that's ok b/c the OC was more of a problem than the HC IMO. With Morris and Steele running the offense and defense, Dabo can do what he does best---- motivate & inspire his kids..... and recruit.

18. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Well I have to see them actually break through to believe they'll be a force to reckon with. Until then, they're still underachievers.

/Yes, I know Miami has been too.

alen1 likes this.
  19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    This is the first year of Morris's offense, and he's not instilling all of it b/c it takes time, so I don't expect anything serious for another year. That, and the the crop of youngsters need to mature a bit.

Yup, definitely underachievers. That's our MO for the past handful of years. Hopefully Miami turns it around, too. Would love to see us meeting in the ACC Championship on a yearly basis, with the winner vying for a BCS title shot. I was a huge Canes fan growing up, so I still like em when Clemson's not involved. Liked them playing in the Orange Bowl better though.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  20. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I don't mind dishing out credit where credit's deserved.... even if it is to SC. lol. I don't know how many other schools around the country hate their rivals any more than CU-SC. That could become nationally recognized if we can both get our s*** together....... or at least you guys keep your s*** together while we find ours.

IMO Clemson is an SEC team playing in the ACC (much for some of the reasons you mentioned). I finished in 2000 and had a blast there. I don't have any kids, but if I did, I'd prefer them to go to Clemson too..... not b/c I don't like SC, but b/c the experience in a college town is irreplaceable IMO. Bowman field during the spring and summer is almost worth it alone.

I've heard a lot of people say that campus atmosphere, college town feel, and great campus & community unity don't have anything to do with recruiting.......... but IMO those nay-sayers have most likely never been to a campus like Clemson when stuff is going on. I know first hand that some of our top recruits go there for that very reason. Spiller being one of them.

"Unglued"? That's an understatement! :lol: A game like that would be NUTS to be at live. I always root for SC to do well during the year so if we beat you (I mean when we beat you), that we get better recognition for it....... and if we lose, it's less of an eye sore. lol.

charlestonphan likes this.
  21. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Considering Clemson has been a pain in the *** to the Canes since they moved to the ACC, that would only be appropriate to possibly meet in a few title games. I still want some of those ACC title games vs FSU though :wink2:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  22. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Former Clemson linebacker Brandon Maye announced today that he is transferring to Mississippi State.

What can you Clemson folks tell me about Maye?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  23. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    productive linebacker for us before injury. Guy can make some plays; plays hard; passionate with a good motor; decent instincts IIRC; usually around the action and a decent nose for the ball. That's a good pick up for you guys if he's at 100%. It wouldn't shock me to see him drafted next year.

I believe he was (or still is) being mentored by Ray Lewis.

24. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey, BIOTH, how ya like Dabo now? :tongue2:

:domodance:

25. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    They're still time to F things up. Trust me.

26. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'd rather not and instead pretend everything will be perfect and we'll finish undefeated without ever having a chance to play for a national championship b/c we're in the ACC. lol.

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    As soon as a I say something, Sammy Watkins, muffs a punt on the 6 and Maryland punches it in. lmao.
    Todd, shut the **** up from now on. :lol:

28. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

ToddsPhins likes this.
  29. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Now you know how it felt when I started my oklahoma thunder thread......

ToddsPhins likes this.
  30. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Worthless Maryland.

31. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol:

Who's the oklahoma thunder?

32. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Lets go Clemson, last undefeated team in the ACC!

ToddsPhins likes this.
  33. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    Quite the offensive showing. Does anyone see Chad Morris sticking around more than 3-5 years?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  34. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    When Clemson loses (in the past), I do the same thing---> cheer for some team in the ACC to do well so at least our conference represents.

If Clemson hypothetically runs the table (which I'm not sure is possible b/c of how young they are), then that would be 2 quality wins verse the SEC. If Auburn & SC finish ranked, then I would think going 2-0 verse SEC teams would have to count for something considering LSU & Bama are the current front runners for a title shot.

35. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    No way. I'll be happy if he's in Clemson another 2 years. He was massively successful on the high school level as a head coach, so I'm guessing he's aching to see if he can duplicate that success at the collegiate level.

IMO the only way he stays at Clemson after year 3 is if the right opportunity doesn't present itself b/c the guy can afford to be picky.

However, with his long history of being a high school coach, he might be one of those guys who gets attached to his players and will want to see his first group of talented Clemson guys through to the draft b/c there's a really tight bond with this group, and this current offense is his baby.

36. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    As far as big schools go, I am a Clemson fan. After all I went to VMI where the football program is terrible and there is hardly a fan in the student body. Clemson was my next choice of school.

Either way, the two big games left I think are GT and USC. Mike London was a good coach and got things done with UVA but GT is still a solid team. USC without Lattimore doesnt worry me as much anymore since their QB is clownshoes. As long as Boyd and Watkins keep producing and blow a couple teams out, I can see them being in contention for a NC.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  37. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Klempson pulls a Klempson tonight.

You heard it here first.

38. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    The All Crap Conference rears its ugly head.... again.

39. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yup. Sloppy game. Clemson's youth really showed through tonight especially against a physical team, and Tech was great in execution.

At the beginning of the year I was worried about this game being decided by 1 player: Rennie Moore, 265 lb starting DT (with 3 freshman behind him). Missing that physical presence vs G Tech is serious trouble. You don't have that problem with Jarvis Jenkins, and having Brandon Thompson in beast mode isn't enough.

Prior to kickoff I became worried about a 2nd player deciding it; that being Andre Ellington, or the lack there of. His 2 backup freshman aren't ready to share the load and coughed it up twice (Bellamy only weighs 175 and is a massive fumble risk).

40. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    And this is exactly why I didn't buy in to Clemson and never will as long as Dabo Swinney is coaching that team.