1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - Redemption Island

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Feb 15, 2011.

1. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Starts tomorrow tonight. Hopefully the new format succeeds.

Go Russell....

Paul 13 and Dolfan984 like this.
  2. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Was a really good first episode. Rob's tribe SUCKS he almost soloed that challenge by himself even with 3+ minutes of a head start for the other team. :(

I don't think he has much of a chance because of how bad his tribe is but go Rob. :(

[video=youtube;mBdfrt1W5Ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBdfrt1W5Ho[/video]

hilarious

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    If any of the cast members were smart, they'd get rid of them 2 right away. But you know, somehow, that won't happen.

4. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Could happen with Russell. Last time Rob got voted off, his tribe lost the last 3 challenges (they were up by 2 at the time lmao) and lost numbers for the jury. Rob's too good overall to not keep for a while.

Like anyone's gunna beat him in Redemption Island anyways...maybe the Marine?

5. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Phillip is bat**** crazystupid.

charlestonphan, Paul 13 and Dolfan984 like this.
  6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Hey, he's a FEDERAL AGENT! Just oozing with irony...

:sidelol:

Certainly some hot looking ladies on Rob's team.... Russell will never win but he's entertaining as hell. And for that one lady (Christina?) to find the idol Russell style (no clue no nothing)... fairly impressive. Now if she could just fix her teeth...

Dolfan984 likes this.
  7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The key for Russell is to find a way to the end without pissing everybody off. He's finally aware of that but still I'm skeptical. What the hell is wrong with this Phillip guy? And those girls are idiots for trying to make an alliance with such a weirdo.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Phillip is a such a stereo-typical cop, superior and holier than thou and turns every conversation into an interrogation. Kristina is an idiot. Finding the idol was impressive, but she's too emotional. The whole plan to get rid of Rob was based on ego and she can't keep a secret for more than 24 hours. Rob's tribe sucks but he's pretty safe there for a while. I think Russell is more at risk should his tribe ever lose an immunity challenge.

BlameItOnTheHenne and Dolfan984 like this.
  9. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I wonder how much of each weeks show will be redemption Island stuff....I can't see them showing 3 challenges a show (reward, immunity, redemption) so i see a lot less reward challenges

Dolfan984 likes this.
  10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't know but those Sprint commercials (what if we had redemption island that season)... are bothersome.

11. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Good first episode. And yeah, I'm curious to see the impact redemption island will have on the game, and also how they edit and show each episode (i.e., will there be more footage of the person on redemption island and of the additional challenge, and less of the social interaction of the two tribes?).

As for Rob and Russell, aren't their fifteen minutes of fame up yet? Sheesh. Funny thing is I started off not liking Rob (from way back in his first Survivor), and now I like him. And, I started off liking Russell, and now I don't like him. Regardless, I think the producers need to stop bringing back past players, unless it's an all-star show.

As for the other competitors, I think there are a few "players" in the group. Could be a real good series if things fall a certain way. We'll see.

12. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I love how when he is doing the confessional, CBS puts it this way:

PHILLIP - Former Federal Agent ?

Just caught the first episode. Was thoroughly entertaining primarily because of Phillip. Could you imagine being stuck in an island with that guy?

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I'd waterboard him.

DrAstroZoom likes this.
  14. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    There's probably a reason hes a "former", judging by the way he acted at TC, lol. didn't keep that secret long about the idol. How many times did he say, "I'm a former federal agent"? LMAO...dude's a riot!

15. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm actually surprised he wasn't promoted :lol:

16. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    ....and learn to keep her mouth shut.

17. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I'd like to think she's going to go soon but who knows if she can talk anyone from Rob's alliance to switch up on him and take him out of the game. She's a total wild card. Could go super early, or win the damn thing.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  18. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'd bet quite alot that she's next.

19. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Unless she plays the idol. You're right though that tribe probably isn't winning the next challenge.

20. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I've got Julie Wolfe in the work pool. Only way I'll sit thru this show is if I have money on it ;p

21. Zippy

Zippy The Man in Black. Club Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Sugar Grove, OH
    I am growing tired of the "same" people being brought back. If they want to give second chances, they should do past players who have done well, but only been on one season.

22. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    New episode tonight. Hope Rob's tribe can somehow win....but at the same time I want Kristina off the island ASAP

23. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Rob's tribe is screwed unless the entire challenge is a puzzle or something.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  24. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Or anything that doesn't require strength/speed for an extended amount of time. On facebook they showed a preview of the challenge I think Rob's team has a chance...maybe I'm just optimistic though :(

25. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They were pretty close. If they wanted to split up the pretty blonde pair they should have voted out the girl. Now they will struggle even more to win challenges. Not to mention Rob unwittingly voted out one of his biggest admirers. I wonder what Phillip's reaction to the blindside will be.

26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I can see Rob and Russell working together when it gets to the merge. I'll LMAO if they somehow make it there. Russell looks to be in big trouble.

27. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    This may be the time his cockiness finally gets the better of him. I have a hard time seeing him fooling too many people anymore. Of course he does seem to have locked down his two female allies. If he can't get to the end without changing up his playing style it doesn't matter anyway. He's already reverting back to his old ways. He wants to eliminate a heavy hitter to display his dominance and authority in the game. He can't bite his tongue or let somebody else even think they are on top of him for strategy's sake. This will be his undoing.

28. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    If Rob and Russell make it to the merge they'll work together.

Rob's tribe will not have the numbers.....but if he has enough people + Russell's alliance they'll align together and that'll get them the numbers each of them needs.

I'm hoping anyways :(

29. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Russell and Rob play a very similar game.....except 75%+ of Robs tribe loves him because he's not a cocky ******* (to your face). Everyone on Russell's' tribe except the two girls know what he's about and probably want him gone.

30. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Russell need to say he has the idol to flush out the real idol and direct attention off of himself. Think his two girl friends know how to win. Align with russell and u have a great chance. Get to the final two or three and its yours.

31. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I just don't think they'll lose many team challenges to where it even gets to that point. If they get to the merge it's almost predictable at that point. It's been a really good season though. I hope it keeps up.

32. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Just watched the second episode last night. Great show.

I think Rob overreacted re; Matt (with the whole shaking of the opponents hands thing). Voting off another dude this early will probably be that tribe's undoing. Not only that, but if he comes back, he'll be gunning hard for Rob (assuming of course he's still in the game). Matt should dominate any challenge between he and Franchesqua, so he could hang around for a while. Kristina playing the idol was weak on her part IMO. I think she should've had some inkling that she wasn't the target, that they were just trying to flush out the immunity idol. And, Rob pulling Phil's strings to get him to vote exactly how he wants him to, and the timing of it with the signal at tribal was pure genius on his part.

As for Russell, I think ol' Mr. Ralph might have his number. He was seething when Ralph outted him for taking the clue to the hidden immunity idol, and Ralph knew it too. I think things are gonna start to get very interesting on that tribe...soon.

33. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think Russell's attitude has bitten him every time, that's why he's never won. I think the pissing contest he's getting into with Ralph will hurt him b/c eventually his tribe will lose a challenge or they'll just be sent to tribal council regardless. He's too arrogant to consider that somebody else may have found the idol. He sees that as what he does and that nobody else is smart enough to find an idol without clues like he did. Obviously that's incorrect since newbies on both tribes have already done that.

I also think Rob screwed up getting rid of Matt so early. I get the concern over a potential power couple, but Matt worshipped him and Andrea and Matt would have done whatever Rob wanted probably until past the merge. He probably just turned those two into enemies sooner rather than later. That could bite Rob in a tribe that looks to lose more than their share of challenges to begin with and is now physically weaker with out Matt.

34. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Rob was seeing too many shades of him and Amber in Matt/Andrea. Did you see how hard she took it when he was voted out? That was some pretty strong feelings for a guy in a VERY short time frame.

35. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Rob played it perfectly IMO. Before tribal I said if Matt got voted out and the idol is played I'll be SO happy and it happened. I gave a Sparano first pump for sure.

36. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Rob's timing was poor. He moved too soon and made things more difficult on himself in the long run. Now he has increased the chances that his tribe will be at tribal and he has added two people against him and taken away two for him. By the numbers he is easily worse off now. The only way it made sense is if the power couple was anywhere close to turning on him. I don't see any reason to believe that was even remotely close to eminent.

37. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Who else would he have taken out? If he takes out Andrea, he's in the same situation. That chick is actually pretty decent in challenges. If you take out Phillip is he really that much worse than Matt?

As much as he lost Andrea didn't he gain Phillip? He has his main 4, and then Phillip. He has Kristina as another vote out if they lose again. Unless Rob's 3 (or 4?) people turn on him he should be good to go until the merge.

38. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    He lost Matt and Andrea and gained a loose cannon in Phillip. -2 + 1 = -1. He had Kristina as another vote out regardless. Turning on his own so quickly made it more likely that those 3 or 4 will turn on him and if that happens they have obvious allies. If I'm Andrea that's the seed I'm sowing. And if I'm one of the others in that group, I'm probably listening b/c Rob had a choice to vote out an outsider or one in his group and he decided to eat his own.

39. Dolfan984

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    I thought that but those guys went in with Rob as far as getting Matt off. They seemed to agree with that he was playing too straight, congratulated the other team, and was voting two strong with Andrea. He had to go. Phillip seems to "have given his word" that Rob owns his vote and I haven't seen anything yet that disproves is...well at least what Rob thinks, and I wouldn't put it past Rob to be right about Survivor. Phillip is a loose cannon but at this point Rob owns his vote until something else happens. Something else could happen, but at this point I still think he has enough numbers to do what he wants for now. Grant and the two girls probably feel safer with their 4 than they would breaking off from him. It would take one of his core 4 breaking, and if one does break off he probably still has Phillip. If they're going to get Rob out this week is the week to make the move though.

40. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't know if I would call Ralph smart enough to find the idol without any clues... I think he was quite lucky... out looking for rocks and just happened to look in the right spot. "what is that rock doing in that hole?" Not that Russell is any kind of genius mind you... :lol: