1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man up on the outside with VD21 & SS24, and bring the heat..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 3, 2010.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The browns main weakness is at receiver, they covet players like Julio Jones and AJ green in the draft, and its not even close according to them...Our corners are at their best in man to man... So lets rush the QB,...Hard.. Lets put the extra guys in the box to contain Hillis, and go off at the LOS, and behind it..which by the way, we are the best in the NFL at doing. {more negative plays than any other} love that stat right?

#6 overall NFL defense in the N.Bleepin.L....I wanna see this 34 defense pressure the QB, the LOS, and move up in those standings... I wanna top 5 defense..We got this game.

What say you?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Trust Nolan to come up with something Deej, this is not his first rodeo and he knows what the D is facing.

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I do, and I will, I wanna see a special performance for this particular team, at home..This is a step in our evolution, in reaching certain levels of becoming an eventual champion...I need to see a home dominate performance to have the confidence that we are on the correct plane for next year. Its game 11, its time to see if we can have that type of mentality...

We have been real bad at home, for a long time, i can understand not making the playoffs while still having a good finish and consider us on the correct plane, however, if we cant show up in a big way at home for this game, it shows us there is something really wrong goin on, and youth will not be an excuse, were past that for this game..I thinks its a perfect game to analyze our coache's progress and if they are on the correct plane...there is no excuses except poor motivation and flatness in loss, and if that happens, you can look directly at 1 person...Coach...The great thing is, iam confident we have the right man for the job...but i love it when things get very clear like this.

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    i've watched the Browns maybe 4 times this yr Deej, and few people do exactly that, but with Ben Watson nicked, along with Cribbs, we have a better shot at doing exactly that this Sunday.

Or just play Zone, the key to Hillis is keeping him parallel to the LoS, as if you watch his long runs they are outside of the tackles, if you force him inside he is not nearly as effective.

Problem with 8 in the box is if there is a missed tackle Hillis will run for a long time.

Don't laugh, but I suspect Benny Sapp and Reshad Joens will shadow Hillis, maybe Bullfrog as well, and I suspect one of those three will wind up with a int and maybe an int for a TD.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Have to agree Deej, for whatever reason people tend to overlook the home losses to end the yr in 09, we were still in the playoff hunt and the team folded vs the Texans and went down early to the Steelers, if we had won both, we would have made the dance.

In 08 we were not great at home either, which is odd as normally with a young team they win at home, but not on the road?

Eh, hang loose this will all play out one way or another Deej.

6. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    They gotta catch the ball first. Defensive motto this year has been "Almost intercepted". IMO Dolphins have to do something they rarely ever do and thats jump on the Browns early go up 17-20 pts and take Hillis out of the equation. Make them one dimensional and force Jake D to beat us.

7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Watched the Browns-Panthers game, which was cruel and unusual punishment, and saw something interesting. Like Pad said, most of Hillis' big runs came on the edge, which I doubt will happen for him this week. Second, Hillis pulled himself from the game 3 or 4 times in the 4th qtr with what looked like a right shoulder injury. He was visibly in a lot of pain, heading for the sideline after each instance where he took contact, but he did finish the game. He's also not practicing today, and Friday is the most important practice day for Sunday game. The team says its for personal reasons, I'm hoping there's more to it than that though :shifty:.

djphinfan and Killerphins like this.
  8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    This is a pivitol game for performance and fan psyche moving forward, and has direct implications on our coach and the pocketbook of the owner..no way he can allow this team to be flat, no no no no, not after whats happened here this year, and being flat is the only was we can lose.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    just catch a few of the inordinately easy ones and I wonder where we would ranked, I know every team has dropped picks, but were downright pathetic in that dept..

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm, maybe that is the reason why Benny Sapp was spending time on the Juggs machine after practice?

:shifty:

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, iirc, we have created at least one turnover, maybe two, in each of the last 3 games Deej, the D is gelling.

Hope Harris' hammy doesn't keep him out of this one.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i agree that their gellin, and they better jell their *** up from the opening snap in this game..very telling game.

13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    And in line behind him, Chris Clemons. I hope.

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Al Harris is out with a hammy, now what if they stick Nolan Carrol over there instead?

Or leave smith at Cb, and insert Reshad Jones at SS and YBell at ILB in the nickel.

15. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Hillis has gone off on Balt, Cinci, Pats, and Carolina. Other than that, an average to good RB. I believe he is gonna have problems in going outside on Wake and Misi, with Bell and Clemons behind them. I just do not think he's going to be a big problem running the ball.

16. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    DJ, I completely agree. We are over and done with guys adjusting, fitting in, etc. It was a god trip in seeing the development, and I did enjoy it. Now, it's time to put all that in play.

My "Old Fashioned Opinion" for this Sunday is that I will be overly disappointed if it is even a close game.

djphinfan likes this.
  17. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    How good is it for Nolan to have all these options, and with players who can actually play? As this is "gut feeling week" for me, I am gonna add in Merling. Just think he will make a play or two.

18. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Mmm juggs... we still talking football? Oh I hope they all have been hittin the juggs machine. but i agree the defense has been gellin.

19. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany

there will be pressure regardless of what VD and SS do, delhomme could have a hard time finishing this game

20. Delfin Alejandro

Delfin Alejandro Premier League Champs

Dec 12, 2008
    [video=youtube;a6PW_cImCp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6PW_cImCp4[/video]

Our Secondary might need this...

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'd rather have Ness in there if it comes down to Carrol playing Defense...I dont believe Carroll belongs at this point..

We should be fine with Benny Sapp.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I like the sound of that.

Like to see the freak take the NFL lead in sacks.