1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please...The NFL and The Officials...just come out and admit you screwed the pooch

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Oct 24, 2010.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    The game is over...the outcome never to be changed..no matter how bad a job the officials did on that play...but please...please...for the sake of my sanity..just admit you screwed it up

1. Just say we ruled it a touchdown and we did not even bother to see who recovered the fumble. Just say it. We did not do our job as we should have and we shortchanged the teams and the fans. Just say it

2. Stop saying we had no video of the fumble recovery. Is that the new way the NFL is going to decide fumble recoveries now? Just go to video and forget about the officials on the field? I could swear the Refs on the field were the ones who decide who recovered? I guess I was wrong

3. Hold the Officials to the same standard that you hold the players and coaches to every game. If they screw up or mess up..they get fined and it gets publisized in the papers. The coaches are required by the League to answer questions at a press conference...the players get asked 1000 questions after the game..yet the officials are not to be touched...asked...confronted. Let me do my job as poorly as they did today...let me make feable lame excuses like they did today...I would not have a job tomm. That is a fact.

4. The NFL will try to make this go away as fast as they can...just watch...move on...we will try to do better next time...it was a confusing time..alot was going on. Last I checked..Thier job was to not only to rule if it was a TD but also to let the play finish so something like what happened would NEVER happen. Blaming it on " no video evidence" when a fumble recovery is NEVER based on video eveidence just infuriates everyone more.

Just admit you screwed up not only the TD call but were so lax in even bothering to see who recovered the ball. Just admit it. Just say...no excuses...we really screwed this up. Won't change the outcome of the game...but would at least not antagonize us all more. Please

SeanP, Paul 13, huck1974 and 10 others like this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Better yet get the call right put us back on the field and leys play the rest of thd game. Right now.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
  4. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009

This will probably never happen. Ever.

CaribPhin likes this.
  5. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    That I have no doubt about...it would just make too much sense. It would just be the right thing to do.:no:

CaribPhin and MikeHoncho like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    they determined that there was a fumble, just not who recovered...lol..

7. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Indeed. Brilliant.

8. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Are you trying to tell me that they ALSO have the job of determining who recovered the ball? I thought Video Replay was for that..:)

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They will never say anything. It should be a rule that plays like that have to be ruled a fumble on the field so that possession can be established on the field. Common sense would have told the refs to rule that way anyway. They obviously have little. Or they are Steelers fans.

10. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    so that means that right now there is some loose fumble floating around in limbo that will never ever be recovered.. sucks to be that ball

11. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    or both

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    CaribPhin and MikeHoncho like this.
  13. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Conflict of interest much?

Moves, Tone_E and MikeHoncho like this.
  14. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    The guy is a Pittsburgh native. Wow.

Moves likes this.
  15. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Wait till Sports Illustrated shows this story like the did the game against the Saints! I swear I feel like we are the poster boys for getting *** rapped on calls.

16. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I had two families in my house that are steeler fans and they were in shock over the call.

SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    The part that is REALLY pissing me off is that Steratore is making it out that they tried to see who recovered the fumble and needed Video Aide to help them as opposed to the TRUTH which was the officials gave up on the play when one of them ruled it a TD and did not even bother to see who recovered. Just own up to the MISTAKE

dirtywhiteboy and MikeHoncho like this.
  18. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Actually, according to Crowder, field judges were calling "white ball!" Also according to the eyes of 70,000+ Ike Alama-Francis emerged from the pile with the ball.

19. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    My Green Bay friend was over and he was more pissed off then I was.

20. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Get one ..just one of those officials to put that in the report to the league and I will jump naked off the Empire State Building!! You won't hear a peep from anyone of them that they utttered a word:no::no:

MikeHoncho likes this.
  21. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

Never gonna happen

22. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    that is what I am talking about!

23. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I texted my friend who is a Steelers fan before the review was over that he had nothing to worry about. No way in the world the NFL rules that a fumble and gives the ball back to miami.

24. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I am just curious as if there is a way to check how many fumble recoveries needed to be decided by VIDEO REPLAY as to who recovered the ball. In all the years I have watched...I cannot recall a single one. The Officials on the field have ALWAYS made the decision

25. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I am a realist...I know that. Wouldn't the world be a better place if people just owned up to thier mistakes?

26. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    I'm sorry guys. You were robbed. I have never seen worse NFL officiating than what I've seen so far this year.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The NFL will do nothing. They'll fine Sparano for daring to gave the gall to criticize the infallible refs and that it.

28. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Its not going to change the outcome..bad calls are littered all through the league for years...can't you just come out and say..damn we really screwed this one up and these guys unfortunatly(officials) are going to be reprimanded for being so incompetent. It truly hurts the integrity and quality of the league

PS17 likes this.
  29. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    How about the NFL hold these jackass refs accountable for once? Like suspensions without pay or firings. Steratore can't be out there deciding two of the games he's refereed so far (with Calvin Johnson game being the other), and the season isn't even halfway over. It's a ****ing joke.

30. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    I said it before. The Coaches are held responsible after games and HAVE to speak to the Media. The lockeroom has to be opened up to the media to questions. The Officials do NOT have to answer any questions and if anyone questions thier calls..they are FINED. Its a joke!

ToddsPhins and PS17 like this.
  31. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
  32. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Is it bad that I'm trying to figure out which game Steratore is officiating next week so I can hunt him down?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  33. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Oh, and it would be great if the NFL would come out and admit their mistakes. But they are too damn proud and stubborn to do it. **** it.

I feel so dirty defending the Dolphins so much, but this officiating is absurd. Worst.

34. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It says a lot when a rival even knows it's bad officiating. Lack of accountability is the problem right now. Why should they care about getting it right when nothing bad happens to them? That guy is probably a Steelers fan.

35. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    When the refs are truly unbiased they rule anything close to a fumble a fumble on the field so they can determine possession. It is much easier to reverse a fumble and give the ball back to the offense. Common sense dictates they operate this way.

NyPhinfan likes this.
  36. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    Personally, I think it was a good call.

37. ilovemyfins4eva

ilovemyfins4eva New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    long island
    we get ****ed every time in big plays. last 4 ones i can recall that did/ changed out of game.

1. last year vs saints- sharper gets a play an int and returns it for wat is called at first a a td. ok fine in the speed of the game they ruled td. understood. however, the zebras then go and look at the replay and u would think they would change it to a touchback our ball? wrong. they keep the play. result- td saints, we get screwed, we lose the game, 14 pt swing their.

2. titans game. michael griffin in ot picks off henne. he then goes down, but is not touched and their is no whislte. camarillo being smart and doing the heads up thing, goes and pushes him to make sure he is down, because technically he can get up and run. wat do the zebras do? they give him a 15 yd personal foul. result- titans dont move the ball a yd on that drive, and instead of punting which they would have without the penalty, bironas nails a gw 46 yd . result- we lose, playoff hopes dashed severely.

3. last week in gb. ronnie brown looks like he clearly got past the first down marker. however they call him short. ok fine, take a look at it. they take a look at it, and still uphold the call. result- our drive stalls, packers end up scoring 3 on that drive. instead of us being up by 6 or possibly 10 most likely, the game is tied, and although we end up winning in ot, that could have drastically changed the game in a bad way.

4. today. dont really need to say much since its been discussed to death, but we all know wat happened. we get ****ed up the *** once again by the zebras.

p.s, on a side not, did anyone catch the ravens bills game in ot today? well a very similar play happened in it which happened to us last year vs tenn in ot. last year vs tenn in ot, chris johnson was being pushed by jason taylor, and he knocked the ball out of his hand, however they said that his forward motion had been stopped so it didnt count as a fumble in our game. today, this guy on the bills nelson, he is wrapped up, forward motion is clearly stopped, yet the zebras allow them to go on forever resulting in a ravens forced fumble which would eventually lead them to a gw fg,

i just cant stand all this **** happening against us, enough is enough. sorry for writing something so long, just had to vent, and u my fellow fin fans being my family, i thought this would be the perfect place to do it.

siciliansith and Clipse like this.
  38. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    What time is it? Yup. It's buttrape-o-clock.

AbideN703 likes this.
  39. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Championship troll.

40. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Personally, I'm astonished that you are allowed to litter the main with your garbage. Not only should you be banned, we should be allowed/encouraged to mock you as well