1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drew Stanton-QB-Lions

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Pro Football Weekly reports that "there is more than one person in the Lions' organization who thinks Drew Stanton is the best quarterback on the roster."

This news jives with a February report from Scout.com and the positive Stanton comments emanating from the Lions offensive coaching staff. Jon Kitna remains the favorite to start Week One, but Stanton could easily supplant him by season's end.
    Source: Profootballweekly.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

brandon27 and alen1 like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I would like to see him play. I am a fan of Stanton.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I've said this on here before I think, but i'll repeat it again now that we have a drew stanton thread...

According to a radio interview I heard featuring a detroit/michigan sports writer, tom kowalski the Lions (mike martz in particular) wanted John Beck in last years draft, however we got to him first. after the lions drafted stanton, many in the organization wanted stanton to have a fair shot at earning the starting job, then unfortunately stanton was injured. It was indeed Mike Martz that pushed for stanton to be put on the IR because he wanted Kitna to be the guy because he didn't want Stanton on the roster in the first place, so stanton was put on IR and relegated to learning the game, instead of participating. Martz could then bring in his "buddy" JT O'sullivan, who now that Martz is gone... so is o'sullivan. Now Kitna may have some real pressure from Drew Stanton for the starting job...

in my opinion, I sure hope the lions really do give stanton a chance to play and a chance to earn the starting job, I saw him play in quite a bit of his games at MSU and was very impressed. and with the receivers he has, he should hopefully be able to do very well.