1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach This! NFL Head Coach Hotseat

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 8, 2008.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The only way Sparano is on the hot seat is if Parcells decides he wants to coach the team.

2. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Why is the guy bashing on JT? I'm pretty sure he's already won some awards on teh field. What's this guy's problem? Is he mad cuz JT won man of the Year or because he is a dancer now? JT proves every year that he can back up his talk....which I don't even understand this argument, because JT hasn't been doing much talking.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I was thinking the samething. the artilce is about coaches not players.

4. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
  5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Because it's killing him that he'll never get to wrap his arms around a woman like this. :wink2:

[​IMG]

6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    that's what I was thinking :hi5:

jason8er likes this.
  7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Last year I made the point that if you fire Cam after one season his replacement is automatically on the hotseat.

This is the problem with firing a coach after 1 year, regardless of whether the change needed to made or not you've created a revolving door situation. Now if Sparano finishes the season 2-14 or 3-13 does he get the axe?

Dont mean to open up a can of worms, but the guy is right. Sparano is on the hotseat IMO.

8. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    Personally I think this is ridicilious. He should be given time. If we still look like Cameron is in charge around midway through the season, then I would see him being in trouble. One huge positive is that he is a Bill Parcells type of coach (rumor has it at least) and should be given every opportunity to succeed.

9. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Sparano isn't on the hotseat due to Cam's firing last year. While I'm one of the few who were vocal at the time that Cam should have been given another year (this is prior to the stories regarding his leadership surfacing), Cam went 1-15. We know what we're stuck with in terms of talent and ability on this team. We know we're going to be rebuilding from scratch. We know we're not going to be anything approaching good next year.

It's not a scenario where this team went from 12 wins two seasons prior to a miserable 1 win last season, this team has been in the dirt for 5 years now. At least for the first time in those 5 years we aren't being snowed about the shape of the team and what will have to be done to fix it. If this is 2010 and Sparano goes 4-12, then I'll be inclined to agree that his job is in danger. Certainly not now.

HardKoreXXX and slickj101 like this.
  10. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    What if his replacement was Bill Cowher? :wink2:

I don't think that Cam's firing will have anything to do with Tony, even if we finish 2-14. I was one of the few who felt that Cam deserved a chance to right the ship, that is until I knew how he lost the respect and control of his players. IMO we only hired Cam for the simple fact that he is known as an excellent OC, our hope was that he would make our offense better and the team a playoff contender given that our defense was coming off a season in which they were ranked 4th in the NFL. The defense imploded and the offense and playcalling was bland.

So anyway, new regime and Parcells brought in people that he was comfortable with. They are all on the same page, they said it will be a 2 or 3 year process and I doubt that Tuna will fire Tony based on anything that the previous regime did.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm no expert or anything but I dont think a coach can be on the hot seat when he has yet to coach a game and he is taking over a one win team only a year ago. If Sparano wins two games, it has to be considered a success because of last years disaster. As for the JT comments, the man has been a great player on this team and has won a DPOY award to go along with pro bowl appearances. I think JT is fine. I still hope to trade him but you can't dismiss the plays the man makes on the football field.

12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bingo! :up:

JT didn't even belong in the article, Sparano isn't on the hot seat for the draft, Ireland and Parcells decide that, and Sparano hasn't coached a single game yet. The only one here who's job should be on the hot seat is the author, that stunk.

Kanye West and alen1 like this.
  13. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Not sure about that, if BP didnt come in, Cam would still be here.

Randy would have stayed and he would not have removed Cam after 1 year, unless we had a donut in the W Column.

14. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Dont think Tony Sparono is on the hot seat. It is his first year the only reason Cam Camron was out after his first year is because he screwed up the draft and we were 1 - 15

15. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Jason Tyalor has not even said any thing so I dont know what they are talking about

16. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    It is pretty assinine to list a h-c on the "Hot Seat" when he has yet to even open up a t-c..
    :pointlol:

Marino1983

17. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yes but BP was only brought in because of Cam's horrific season.

We would've thought the same thing last year as well

18. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Every Head Coach in the NFL is on the Hot seat, rookie or not.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  19. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

pfft, he didn't screw up any draft

20. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I have to dissagree. How do we know Cam 'screwed up' in the draft? Beck, Ginn, and Satele could be HOF'ers for all we know.

And to my original point, what if Cam went 2-14? Would he still have a job?
    What if Sparano goes 1-15? Does he get fired?

The only reason Sparano wouldnt be on the hotseat is because of his obvious ties to Parcells. Even still, I wouldnt be surprised if he is simply a short-term answer in Tuna's grand scheme.

alen1 likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. good post.

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  22. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008

I kind of take a different view. Because the last guy got fired in 1 year, the next guy is almost guaranteed a little leeway. The last thing the team wants to do is get a reputation of firing coaches after 1 season. Who would take the job if his two predecessors both had 1 season to turn things around? I think we saw enough of Cam, and now we're in a position where we have to give Sparano a little time to prove himself. I think what did Cam in is how clueless he looked on a regular basis. It became pretty obvious that the guy was in over his head. Plus, the ego of Parcells will keep Sparano around for at least a little longer because he wont want to admit so quickly that he hired the wrong guy ;)

Of the list, I think Marvin Lewis is the most likely guy to get the axe.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
    HardKoreXXX likes this.
  23. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Someone must really hate the Dolphins. JT's the only player called out and it's more than evident this guy doesn't know what he's talking about when he says JT should get his awards on the field rather than off. I guess DPOY doesn't count anymore...

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Who is that guy and who gives him a paycheck every week for that BS?

Mad at our draft??? Looks like one of the better Fins draft in a long time?

His credability is nil.

25. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Marvin Lewis being fired is LONG overdue!! How are you supposed to be a "defensive guru" and 5-6 years later your defense is still a joke with very little signs of improving. The Bengals are wasting their offense alot like we wasted our defense earlier this decade.

Oh. by the way he really cant control his players even the ones that behave.(CJ)

26. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    Why are we making a big fuss out of some random blogger's thoughts? He isnt a journalist..