1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owens believes he should still be a Cowboy

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by bbqpitlover, Aug 8, 2010.

1. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvPSfdGpnbSdbjfwBL.bqFdDubYF?slug=ap-totalks

I must say To doesn't get it, he is out of touch look what he said.

Even though he received a four-year contract extension before the 2008 season, he was released by the Cowboys at the end of the season amid headlines that he feuded with quarterback Tony Romo(notes) and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

“There’s no turning back or going back or redoing anything,” Owens said. “Again, I still stand by the things that I said and what was done. I know that honestly it wasn’t my fault.”

2. Lucky49

Lucky49 49ers ftw!

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    owens = dumbass

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Cattle-roping in WY?

4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Im really hoping TO and Chad pull some interesting stunts. Personally I'm intrigued by the idea of both of them on the same team. I don't think either of them are as bad as the media makes them out to be, though TO does clearly have issues when it comes to getting the ball. TO does seem to be a cancer but I still think he can be managed under the right situation, I mean he doesn't get in trouble off the field, but he needs to be on a team that has a strong tradition with a respectable coach. But even though he's been on good teams I still don't think he's been in the right situation for him to succeed without breaking down and I dont think teams managed his ego well either. On all the teams he's been on, they were all dysfunctional in one way or the other, and he made them worse, his fault or not. The late 90s 49ers had an aging team that was breaking down and imploding under Marriucci, who after being let go by the team had a short stint with the Lions and hasn't had a job since. TO surrounded himself with people who fed him his ego early and he was convinced he should take over Jerry Rice's role as the top WR. Rice went to Oakland. TO with a talented but unseasoned QB in Jeff Garcia put up good numbers but never jell. TO goes to Philly. McNabb is already the star of the team. The RBs are the teams best WRs with Brian Westbrook. TO arrives on a team desperate for WR help and on the verge of Super Bowl contention. TO wants to be the face of the team and be recognized as an elite WR. He gets hurt halfway through the season. This devastates TO. Wanting to be the hero, he tries for the SB and has a decent game but the team falls short. TO wanted to mask any critism about his injury immediately blames McNabb for the loss. Andy Reid is doesn't attempt to make situation work. TO goes to Dallas. Bill Parcells tries to make the team in his image but Jerry Jones needs star power to sell tickets and a new stadium. TO arrives with SF and Philly experiences still in fresh in his mind. He tries to fit in but, like SF and Philly, already have jelled with other pieces and TO never quite fits in. Romo has solid chemistry with Witten, Crayton, ect. Romo chokes and TO leads in dropped balls(which to me means he never developed chemistry with his QB). TO goes to Buffalo. Buffalo has no QB, as well as underachieving WRs and an injured plagued defense. TO performs adequately. Team goes nowhere. TO goes to Cincy, which has been a disaster for managing egos. Wonder whats gonna happen next? Who knows.

Personally I think Chad Johnson is similar as far as wanting attention but isn't a cancer on his team. He isn't destructive towards his teammates and doesn't fight with coaches, at least not openly. However I think TO is at point in his career where he's just playing to keep busy and make money. I dont even think he cares much about getting a ring anymore. For some strange reason I think he belongs in Cincy. It's almost like his destiny.