1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Opinion

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by DonShula84, Jun 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Pretty standard 12 team league, sitting in first place with a comfortable lead but thought I'd see if a guy was selling Teixeira for cheap. I dont need help at 1B, but an added bat at one of the two UTIL spots never hurts.

He offered me Teixeira for Miguel Montero and Mat Latos. Only reason I'm debating the trade is that C is thin. I'm not super deep at P, but I think I have options returning from the DL soon, or in FA that can replace a lot of what Latos does.

So, would you get Teixeira, then pick up Russell Martin/Ryan Doumit/Mathis?

I'm not sure why I shouldn't be all over this trade, but what do you think?

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'd jump on that deal. A hitter is always worth more than a pitcher in my opinion, especially a top 20 hitter at that and also remember the Padres want to limit Latos with his innings so he might not pitch as much in the 2nd half. I'd then pick up Ryan Doumit, as the drop off from him to Montero is pretty much a wash (of course if you could pick up Carlos Santana, Buster Posey or maybe even John Jaso).

Boik14 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This. Tex is a notorious second half guy also. He will outproduce any c by a wide margin and latos may not keep this up. Tex's power stats are on point anyway

Ray Finkle likes this.