1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Opinions

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by quelonio, Jun 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    So I started hagling with a guy in my league (14 team keeper, rotisserie baseball, the only different stats we have are QS instead of W, and we do both Avg and OBP). We get to keep 6 players for next season. I have been trying to improve my hitting given that I am leading my league in pitching for the season (I got Hanson, Gallardo, Jaime Garcia, Ian Kennedy, Mike Pelfrey, Trevor Cahill and Fausto Carmona) and so I offered a trade for Andre Ethier.

Dude has responded with a counter offer that is Ian Kinsler and Yovani Gallardo for Ethier.

Now I got Ricky Weeks on the bench and any and all efforts to trade him have failed, so I feel I can live with him starting. Getting Ethier would leave me with an OF of Victorino, Holliday and Ethier. So that is the good parts... What I am wondering is if I am giving up too much (Gallardo hurts either way because he is from close to my hometown in Mexico, but I can get over that kinda stuff).

What do you guys think? will Ethier be back to being awesome? can I trust Jaime Garcia and Pelfrey to keep it up?

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I like Either but giving up Gallardo AND Kinsler for him isn't a smart move. Gallardo on his own should be enough to land you Either. If he wants you to include Kinsler then he needs to take a lesser pitcher like Cahill, Kennedy, Carmona, or possibly Pelfrey or he needs to give you something else in return in the original Either for Gallardo/Kinsler deal.

quelonio likes this.
  3. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    If your trade partner is willing to trade Either for Kinsler and Pelfrey then I would do it in a heart beat.

4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah probably so but I'd still probably ask for another player in return since it is a keeper league and Kinsler, although he gets hurt all the time, has a ton of value at 2B.

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    No way should you do any of the above deals. Second base is harder to fill by virtue of scarcity. Kinsler even with his injury issues on a yearly basis is a more valuable player and hits in a better hitter park. He's got guerrero and Hamilton in the lineup with him long term....either has manny for this season and maybe next.

Gallardo and a filler outfielder like a Jason kubel or a curtis grandson or a Franklin guetierrez is more than enough. FYI, call me a mets homer if you work like but pelfrey is for real. He's added a splitter, learned to pick up the pace on the mound and is more confident. Keep him.

Also the reason you haven't been able to deal weeks is because he's injured every year. Look at his ab's every year. He's never been in a platoon. He's an injury replacement for Kinsler. Nothing more. If he's healthy at the all star break try and deal him then.