1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Heroes Returns; Origins Dies

Heroes will return to NBC on Sept. 15 with an expanded third-season opener, but network executives confirmed that the proposed prequel spinoff, Heroes: Origins, is officially dead.

"We consciously chose to rest [Heroes] this spring so that [creator] Tim Kring and his team could get ahead of the creative and build up to a massive event--a three-hour Heroes night," Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, said during the network's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2. "On Monday, Sept. 15, we'll kick off with a Heroes clip show to try to bring back the audience and [then air] a massive two-hour Heroes film."

Silverman also explained why the heavily hyped, much-anticipated Heroes: Origins was scrapped. The show was originally conceived to help eliminate Heroes repeats, and directors and writers--including feature-film vets Kevin Smith, Eli Roth and Michael Dougherty--were already lined up before NBC dropped the idea.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=51591

2. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Can't wait for it to come back

PMZQ likes this.
  3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Question: Any new scoop about the third season of Heroes? — Sasha

Ausiello: Someone may be moving in on Mohinder's narrator turf. Tim Kring is said to be seeking an Australian Aboriginal actor in his fifties to appear in multiple episodes as a storyteller with great wisdom and a soft, soothing voice.

4. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I can't wait until September. I am such a Heroes junkie.

5. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Jamie Hector (Marlo from The Wire) added to the cast?

If so, then I'll tune in.

6. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    That would be great. His forced accent annoys me.

FWIW, he does have an Indian accent, just not the pronounced British/Indian that he uses in Heroes. That was producer/creator induced.

7. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    I can't wait till next season. Glad they were able to do something decent with this past season.

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    wow can't wait for it to come back!

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I cant wait for its return! this show is fantastic. Im pretty bummed out that its such a long wait until it comes back. At least summer is coming up soon, so i'll be about to spend more time golfing and playing baseball to help time pass.

This is my favorite show on tv though, glad to hear it sounds like its going to be back and better than ever. It better be, they have enough time to come up with solid storylines.

oh... and... the other good thing... more hayden. :up:

10. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    wait, i thought it was coming back this spring? i thought they had the 2nd half of season 2 on the shelf, ready to go...wtf?

11. Biggtyme13

Biggtyme13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

they cut it and reformatted the show that was supposed to be the first half of season 2 finale before their winter break but used that as the season finale and cut the rest.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  12. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    oh that SUCKS

13. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Actually the 2nd "chapter" had 3 volumes.......

"Origins" which is what we saw in the fall.

"?" Forget what the 2nd part was but it got scrapped anyway.

"Villans" which is what we will see this coming fall and they edited the end of last season to set up.

14. ILPhinFan88

Heroes Will Air In A Block

NBC's returning genre shows--Heroes, Chuck and Medium--will each air a full complement of original episodes next season, in contrast to this year's strike-truncated season, with Heroes and Chuck set to air without repeats for 13 episodes.

The announcements came at the network's "infront" presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2.

"We not only have the biggest star of TV, we have movie stars on NBC," Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, said during the presentation. "The talent on NBC are the breakout talent and the cultural, relevant, leading icons of all of television. It's a hallmark of what we do, and as you'll see, ... all of your favorites are coming back."

Heroes will return to the schedule on Sept. 15 with an hour-long clip show premiering at 8 p.m. ET/PT and a two-hour season premiere airing at 9 p.m., its regular timeslot.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=51670

15. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Can someone give me a rundown of exactly what this show is about?

Now that The Wire is over, I'm begging to find a new show to follow.

I have Net Flix, so it wouldn't be hard to catch up before the new season begins.

16. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    From NBC:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/about/

It's a grounded take on superheroes, mutants, meta humans, whatever you want to call them.

:up:

17. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Question: Any more Heroes scoop? — Alive

Ausiello: Two new recurring roles are being cast, both of which are slated to debut in the Season 3 premiere. "Joy" is in her early twenties and described as "quick on her feet — and adept at getting herself into and out of trouble." Senator Robert Malden, meanwhile, is in his fifties and a political straight shooter.

18. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    another heroesfanatic.com update

As previously announced, the third season of Heroes will debut on September 15 with a two-hour premiere.

Here are the titles for the season’s first four episodes:

The Butterfly Effect: Written By: Tim Kring, Directed By: Allan Arkush
    Dreamtime: Written By: Tim Kring, Directed By: Greg Beeman
    One of Us, One of Them: Written By: Joe Pokaski, Directed By: Sergio Mimica-Gezzan
    The Year of Our Lord: Written By: Aron Coleite, Directed By: Adam Kane

PMZQ, brandon27 and ILPhinFan88 like this.
  19. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The episode title of Dreamtime... leads me to believe that we will get some more explanation on Uluru seeing as the two are tied together... hmm interesting indeed! I cant wait till september!

20. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    [​IMG]

finswin56 likes this.
  21. ILPhinFan88

TV Guide Online's Michael Ausiello reported that Babylon 5 star Bruce Boxleitner has won a top-secret recurring role in NBC's Heroes, a role that was originally going to be modeled after Sen. John McCain.

The character has since been reconceived, and Boxleitner will reportedly share the screen with a female series regular. Heroes returns in the fall.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=53713

brandon27 likes this.
  22. ILPhinFan88

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  23. ILPhinFan88

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  24. ILPhinFan88

Heroes Goes Deep In Season 3

Tim Kring, creator and executive producer of NBC's Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming third season will take the show and its characters in entirely new directions--including deep into the backstory.

"One of the things that this volume is going to do that, I think, is really going to be fun for the audience is that there were very initial sort of primal questions that the show asked," Kring said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Universal City, Calif., on June 24, where he accepted an award for best television DVD. "Who am I? What's happening to me? How am I connected? Where are these powers coming from? All of those questions get reframed and turned on their head in a very interesting way in this volume."

As with the previous two seasons, the third will be divided up into volumes. The first is titled "Villains" and will focus on the nature of good and evil, Kring said.

"You're going to see a lot of bad guys in this one," Kring said. "The idea, also, is we're playing off the idea of our characters as heroes or villains. So it's really the duality of good and evil. ... We're playing off of this duality of good and evil. All of our characters were given these powers and possess these powers, and at some point it becomes sort of free will and human nature as to what you're going to do with that. And all of us are given the choice to make decisions that lead us down very dark paths or towards heroic ends. And so, literally, every one of our characters gets faced with that dilemma."

Kring also said that the popular villain Sylar (Zachary Quinto) will continue to be an integral part of the show in the third season. Quinto had originally been written out of the last half of the second season due to his shooting schedule on the upcoming Star Trek film. But because of the writers' strike, that part of the story was pushed into the third season, and Sylar was written back in.

"Well, we have no plans of saying goodbye to Sylar right now," Kring assured fans. "I mean, that was yet another silver lining for the strike, was Zach Quinto's availability to us in the third volume. I mean, that was a huge thing for us to be able to have him back. As you guys know, he would have disappeared for a large chunk of the second half of season two. And so, for us, it was a big, big deal."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=56750

vmarcilfan75 and Motion like this.
  25. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Me too. Best show on TV. Monday nights were tough for me, Chuck then Heroes and then Journeyman, all the while missing Monday night football. Thank God for the DVR ! :up:

26. ILPhinFan88

I think Journeyman got cancelled.

27. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    Yeah it did, and I'm still ticked off. I liked it, and am a fan of McKidd. Did they ever release an explanation for the time travel?

28. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Yeah it did and that's a shame. But it was great hearing that Chuck is coming back. That is great serio-comedy, one of the best I have seen in a while.

29. ILPhinFan88

And from EW.com:

“Anytime I come into a room, basically you see this wave of air blown on everybody and then I’m just standing there because I’m so fast you can hardly see me when I move,” [Brea Grant] explains of her superpower. “You meet my character for the first time when I steal something from Hiro that he needs for his quest this season.” That doesn’t mean, however, that Hiro is the only hero she’ll encounter. “Her interest is not specifically with Hiro,” Grant says cryptically. “I think that’s why she’ll run into a lot more people — she’s feeling a lot of stuff toward someone else. That’s all I can tell you!”

You know what season three of Heroes really DOESN’T need? More pointless auxiliary characters.

Somehow the entire second season managed to avoid anything that could be described as “cool.” Really, everything landed around “neat.”

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/07/03/heroes-teaser-and-speedster-spoiler/

We have high hopes that “Villains” makes some decisions about it’s characters that we can describe as “cool.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdVO97hYjo

Motion likes this.
  30. ILPhinFan88

NBC has brought online this promo for its upcoming "Heroes" Webisodes titled "Going Postal" that kick-off on July 14th. The three-part series kicks-off with "A Nifty Trick," with new episodes rolling out on subsequent Mondays. It features Echo De Mille, a seemingly ordinary mailman with an extraordinary ability. Visitors to this year's Comic-Con, will get a sneak peak at the epic conclusion at the "Heroes" panel on Saturday, July 26.

http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/4727a250e66f9723?p=4872bd267536c505

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7446

PMZQ, vmarcilfan75 and brandon27 like this.
  31. ILPhinFan88

If a Mod wants to add spoiler tags, I can never get them to work.

Today I come fresh from BBC Two's Autumn launch, where us journo types were treated to a world exclusive, never-seen-before, you-will-be-castrated-if-you-secretly-record-this-and-upload-it-to-youtube preview of Heroes season three. As I value my intimate regions quite highly, I'm afraid that what follows is the best I can do. A warning: spoiler-phobes should look away now.

Nathan Petrelli is apparently dead. We see him rushed to hospital, where resuscitation attempts fail. "There was nothing we could do," a doctor tells the family. I don't believe it.

Looks like Elle (Kristen Bell) is going to be spending a bit of time sparring with Sylar this season.

Angela Petrelli introduces us to "Level 5", a housing place for the most dangerous criminals in the world - rapists, arsonists, killers. Presumably this is where the band of Villains escape from.

Matt Parkman is alone in the middle of a desert screaming for help.

New Villain 'The Speedster' steals something from Hiro and quips, "Gotta run."

Is Sylar in league with Angela Petrelli? In one short clip he is seen approaching her from behind and placing his hands on her shoulders.

Linderman is back with a prophecy of doom. "The second coming is at hand," he warns.

And, perhaps the most shocking tease of all: a big bald man, incarcerated in Level 5, shouts: "I'm not who you think I am. I'm Peter Petrelli..."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a109468/heroes-season-three-scoopage.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
    PMZQ, brandon27 and Motion like this.
  32. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
  33. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    WOW WOW WOW WOW ! I can't wait for this season ! :up::up::up: Thanks bro

34. ILPhinFan88

Heroes' Claire Gets Bad

Hayden Panettiere, who plays invulnerable cheerleader Claire in NBC's Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that viewers will see a different side of the character in the upcoming third season: an older, badass Future Claire.

"She's very different," Panettiere said in an interview at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., on July 20. "It's a very different world [in the future], and it's kind of, as you can imagine, a world gone a little bit awry, and she's a very different person than she was."

Panettiere added: "One of the cool things I think about this season is I get to play kind of two different characters for a second, because we pop back and forth a little bit from the present to the future."

Heroes will pick up from the second-season cliffhanger, with Future Claire about to shoot one of her fellow heroes, and Claire remains a central character throughout, said Panettiere, who added that the production is working on its eighth installment of the season, whose subtitle is "Villains."

"There are some things that I think are going on with her character and things that are going to happen, things that are a really big part of the story, but things that I'm not sure yet," Panettiere said. "They won't tell me quite yet how it's going to manifest and how it's going to play out. But I think Claire plays a very important role in what happens, and in that way she can be worse than all of them."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=57955

vmarcilfan75 and Motion like this.
  35. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    :yes:

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  36. ILPhinFan88

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxBw3uc5cU[/ame]

37. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    :no: Claire should not be a bad person......I am not sure I am going to like this afterall. There has to be a way that Peter is going to be able to change the future so that future Claire doesn't become reality.

By the way, how can Claire and Peter be lovers ? He is her uncle, right ? That will be sick or do the writers think we don't remember that Claire is the senators daughter ?

38. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Actually, I was just saying yes to the slutty part. :up:

finswin56 likes this.
  39. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    See I would rather Peter be a **** and wearing less clothes most of the time, the less the better :lol: