1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

{MERGED}Rick Gosselin Final Mock/Rick Gosselin have us picking.....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLBET, Apr 22, 2010.

1. DOLBET

DOLBET Active Member

Jan 10, 2009
  2. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
  3. DOLBET

DOLBET Active Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I wouln't mind if we got him because he would help Henne's development.....

4. Duper85

Duper85 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    York, England
    With all our needs on D I just can't see this pick. Our WR corps behind Marshall is decent enough and they themselves will automatically be upgraded with Marshall here.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. surferosa

Mar 23, 2008
    Merge!

Hes got to be prognosticating a trade there, no? No way does he really believe we will be spending a first on a WR.

A wild theory: He has the Packers taking Jerry Hughes at 23 even though they drafted Clay Matthews last year. Theres been talk they want to trade up. Maybe he has us swapping with the Packers and taking Hughes at that position?

Thats all I got :shrug:

6. DOLBET

DOLBET Active Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I think this pick will be after getting some 2nd rounders...

Like you say, us dropping back and getting 2nd round and maybe ronnie for 2nd too totaling 2 2nds for defense....

Guess we will know in 12 hours or so when its 12th pick :D

7. surferosa

Mar 23, 2008
    HULKFish likes this.
  8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He doesn't even list OLB as a need for us. That's our biggest need.

9. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    That guy is obviously a moron. We're either taking a OLB or Safety at 12 OR trading down and taking a OLB. There's no reason at all D. Thomas should be even picked that high in the first place.

DHPVW, miamiron and Tin Indian like this.
  10. DOLBET

DOLBET Active Member

Jan 10, 2009
  11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    yeah that pick would be strange...

...So it's going to happen.

actually that entire mock is just wrong. With so many rumors about the egles and cowboys wanting to trade up for earl thomas, no WAY that guy makes it to 22 to the pats. wtf.

12. aquaman

aquaman Season Ticket Holder

Jan 8, 2008
    I've been in love with Brandon graham if we trade down. If not, Earl Thomas is my guy at 12. Don't sleep on a trade down and us getting lupati. Seems odd, I know but we've got some guard trouble and that guys the best ol in the draft IMO.

13. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
  14. surferosa

Mar 23, 2008
    My gut is still that Rolondo McClain is the guy. I think he can play both inside and out and that Parcells/Ireland have him as the highest rated LB in the draft. Hes a three year starter at a a top school with great intangibles and the physique to play LB in a 3-4 set.

Moreover, Ive always believed that Ireland's comments about Karlos Dansby only playing inside was smoke. A few weeks later, Ireland admitted that he often passes on disinformation in the days leading upto the draft. So why are we to believe the Dansby quotes about being an inside guy only?

Anyway, if we trade down, this point becomes moot. But if we stay at 12 and McClain is on the board, I wouldnt be shocked if he was our pick.

15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    yeah dansby's an inside guy...on 1st and 2nd down. The guy is one of the best pass rushing MLBs in the league, in fact, he might be the best. That's one thing that Mr. Willis does not do better than Dansby.

We can line Dansby up all over the place. that's why we gave him so much $

16. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    This.

17. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Woohoo! Go Offense Go! It's your birthday!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

18. phinfan84

phinfan84 New Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Kuna Idaho
    Personally, I like Ryan Mathews, I attend Boise State and I've watched this kid play for a few years now. He has all the physical traits that our front office likes in a RB. I was hoping we could pick him up in a later round but being that his stock is rising, I doubt that's possible now. Not really sold on selecting him in the first round but I have a feeling we're all going to be happily surprised with what our boys do the next couple of days.

As far as who or if we pick at 12, I'd like to see us pick up a couple more picks. This draft is deep, blah blah blah, we all know this, I just think it's the most logical thing to do and the Tuna loves having the most picks possible. I assume they all want as many as possible.

Sorry for rambling on here, I'm just so excited that Christmas in April is finally here, that it's hard to formulate a well thought out post here. My mind is going about a million miles a second and I can't wait to see what goes down.

19. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    If we make that Eagles trade I want 24-55-70. Maybe we'll have to throw back a 5th round pick.

20. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    I've talked about this before...and I think its entirely possible if we trade down with Philly or Dallas. If Iupati is there, I think its even money that we would go with him late in the first. It makes sense. He would give us arguably the best offensive line in the league, esp if our C stays healthy.

21. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I have no clue who Miami will end up with. So many possibilities. I just know it will be a good player.

22. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Rick Gosselin gets all his information from team insiders that he's built a reputation with. So to keep good relationships with teams, he'll also throw out crap if the team so requests. It's my guess that Ireland/Parcells asked Rick to throw out a wild pick as further smoke screen to our real intentions.

I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

23. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    This guy sounds crazy to me! He is listing rb and not olb? Then we are gonna draft Thomas? Put down the tube and take a reality check.....:pointlol: