1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all you young whippersnappers....and old ones too

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by IceDragon, Apr 2, 2008.

1. IceDragon

IceDragon Season Ticket Holder

Mar 22, 2008
    For all you young whippersnappers What it was was Football

that have never heard this....

It is pretty funny, and I encourage you to listen to it from start to finish...

As much as I hate the tarheels, evidently andy griffith went there and he did a little comedy and this one is entitled, "what it was was Football"
    Kind of an old country boy back then's view/understanding of football...It is funny and only Andy can speak it in a manner that makes it funnier...

Give it a listen and let me know wht you think....t

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8[/media]

or here http://www.npr.org/templates/dmg/dmg.php?prgCode=ATC&showDate=22-Aug-2003&segNum=9&NPRMediaPref=WM

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
    charlestonphan, GoPhins! and Zeke0123 like this.
  2. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    good ole punkin cowpasture...greatest game EVER!

IceDragon likes this.
  3. IceDragon

Mar 22, 2008
    chuckling..that's right, he did that over 50 years ago..he did another one about david slaying goliath..can't find it on the net tho..i have it somewhere on cd..t

4. IceDragon

Mar 22, 2008
    I did not much care for Matlock but the andy griffith show was and is still pretty good and wholesome for kids.

azfinfanmang and Zeke0123 like this.
  5. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    are you kidding me...the Kids...me and the wife catch a few episodes a week and we have seen every one! one of my personal favorite its when Andy is giving opie a talking to about hitting another Kid in school..I dont remember the whole exchange but Opies last words were "O! I enjoyed it!" still kills me :D...great show an all timer for sure.

6. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Andy Griffith is one of a kind... good ole' fashioned Southerner

that story and pretty much anything by the late, great Jerry Clower, from Yazoo City, Mississippi make me laugh out loud. thanks for posting!