1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading the 12

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by CaribPhin, Apr 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Would anyone honestly be mad if the Dolphins swapped first round picks and with the Cowboys and take their second rounder and drafted Demaryius Thomas at 27? Then we could use the two seconds on OLB. Maybe Brandon Graham drops to our early second rounder. This is also including the fact that OLB and Hybrid rushers go deep in this draft. We could use the third round pick on a NT, possibly Cam Thomas if he's there. Our fourth could be used on a FS for development while Miami could go after Darren Sharper or (Ken Hamlin?) as a stop gap (assuming Atogwe just isn't their man). I like these moves because I look at Thomas as an Andre Johnson/Brandon Marshall player. His QB was crap in college and they ran Triple Option all day. I think he can be special and we could be set up for success with this plan. Bash away now...

2. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I would not mind trading down but I dont want Thomas @ 27. I would want an OLB like Griffen, Graham, but first choice is Jerry Hughe We can get a WR later

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm like the idea of trading down, but trading all the way down to 27 seems a bit much, even if it garners an additional second rounder.

I'd love it if we traded up and nabbed Berry. Maybe trade our 3rd and 1st to Cleveland for #7 overall.

4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I've been saying for some time now that my first preference is to trade down. But, all the way down to #27? Houston coming up for Haden (if he's still on the board) would be a better trade partner IMO. I would totally dig moving back eight spots and picking up their second rounder too. We might even snag Graham at #20 (he won't get out of the first round IMHO). But, the payoff (picking up another 2nd round pick) would be well worth it IMO. 27 though? Man, I just don't know. Reckon it all depends on who's still on the board.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I used the Cowboys as an example because I couldn't think of anyone else.

6. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    If we look at the Draft Value Chart the 12th (1,200) overall pick is worth more than the 27th (680) and 59th (310) pick respectively. With that said if we don't have what we consider a value pick at that spot then I wouldn't be to upset I guess.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    that is definitely a better situation than moving all the way back to 27. still draft graham and get an extra #2. perfect world scenerio there bro.
    everyone is using the cowboys as an option because jones brought dez in for a visit. we actually still have people that believe dallas would trade austin to move into the 12 pick to take bryant. That is not going to happen.

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, this exactly.

9. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    the only way i see us dropping all the way down to 27 is if we trade it to DEN for Marshall -- but we'd have to get more than a 2 back in return. Getting Marshall and having 2 X 2d rd picks, and either 2 X 3d or 4th rd picks would be just fine ... we could still pick up 5 of the following:

S: Jones / Allen / Burnett
    DE: Carrington / Alaulu
    OLB: Lane
    ILB: Butler / Chaney / Dillard
    NT: Joseph
    WR: Benn / White / Williams (of course not likely if we trade for Marshall)

even if you keep the late 1st rd pick:
    WR: Bryant
    NT: Odrick
    OLB: Graham / Kindle / Worilds (Morgan / Hughes are gone for sure)

10. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Whoa, that would be killer!

PHINANALYST likes this.
  11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yep ... looking forward to a stellar draft this year !!

i really do see us trading down and picking up at least 1 more 3-4 rd pick (such as trading Smiley) ... 2 picks would be tremendous -- and offer us great flexibility.

of course, they'll throw in a surprise along the way -- but that is my blueprint ...

12. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I'd be fine with Bebe Thomas or Benn at 27, but it would take A LOT MORE than a late second round pick to drop from 12 all the way to 27. A lot more.

13. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I'm not so sure about that. By #12 there's a significant drop off, and with #12 through #27 I don't see a huge dropoff. I'd be fine with the late 2nd and getting DT or Benn- my preference would be Benn.

14. OCDolfan

OCDolfan a.k.a. LostInPatsLand Club Member

Jul 21, 2008
    California
    We'll be missing out on a lot of good players (Morgan, McClain, Graham, Bryant, Thomas, Iupati (probably)), which is a significant negative. Now if we picked the right players with our picks, this may be a very good thing. I'd prefer we didn't use our new #1 pick on a receiver who may never be more than a #2 receiver. We have enough of those.

15. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

The best trade partner is the Giants as 15. Supposedly the Giants have the OG Inputi and LB McClain as their two top targets.

16. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    actually not alot but a 4th

so its a low 1st, low 2nd and a low 4th for #12

I frankly think in a draft this deep that it is a great deal for us and that the Cowboys would not do it unless a very good LT falls to #12