1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Swami B's PS3 Madden League Power Rankings - Week 7 ****

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Bpk, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Almost halfway through the season we are beginning to separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Here are the Power Rankings after week 7.

(by the way, I hope this doesn;t offend anyone or bruise any egos. I wanted it to be a fun article in the style of Dr. Z's power rankings where he was blunt and candid. It's more fun if you can lightly tease a team here and there. I don't mean it personally. I'm having a terrible season, myself, and still attack myself in the rankings. I respect all of you guys as players, truly.)

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
    At 7-0 the Jags have outscored their opponents by a cumulative difference of 213 points, a dominant differential. Who knew David Garrard could lead a team this well? Might mite runningback Maurice Jones-Drew provides the battery power to jolt the Jags to first. This 7-0 team has been flying a bit under the radar in the AFC South, where the Colts have reigned supreme for so long that most fans have stopped asking who would win the division. They will be in for a surprise this year.

2) Cleveland Browns
    Two AFC teams atop the power rankings signal a changing of the guard. Not only have these teams replaced the NFC's Superbowl Champion Panthers atop the rankings, they have replaced last year's AFC Champion Baltimore Ravens as the cream of the AFC. Rookie Quarterback Jack English does anything but play like one, leading the Browns to convincing wins against the Saints and Ravens, and earning them the #2 spot.

3) Carolina Panthers
    After a long reign at the top, Jake Delhomme's relegation to second string and Brady Quinn's ascension may have made the wheels a bit wobbly. The loss of runningback Jonathan Stewart, having a stellar year for the Giants, should not be under-estimated. DeAngelo Williams and new Tight End Adam Saint still make this team a colossus to contend with this season. Turnovers are the defense's bread and butter, helping the Panthers steal the #3 spot.

4) New York Giants
    Despite a disappointing end to last season, the Giants have bounced back. A bad loss to the Jaguars was absolved with a big win over the Carolina Panthers. The top one-two running tandem in the league of Brandon Jacobs and Jonathan Stewart provides punch on the ground while a sneaky-good defense gives opponents more trouble than they expect. The key addition of Wide Receiver Brandon Trammell has stemmed some of the bloodflow from losing Steve Smith.

5) Detroit Lions
    Despite being undefeated, the softness of the Lions entire schedule still raises the question of whether they will deserve a place in the top three, no matter how they perform this season. With the new coaching staff making the most of the roster, the Detroit Lions are out of the gate with a surprising start. Running Back Kevin Smith has gone down with an injury, but the Lions will somehow have to keep winning to convince us. Hey, it's the Lions.

6) Arizona Cardinals
    Despite a great record, the Cardinals have only faced one opponent who made the playoffs last year, the Panthers, and were badly beaten by them. The Cardinals have found their running game this season and if they can control the clock, and get turnovers on defense they could go deep into the playoffs. First, they'll have to learn to beat upper echelon teams.

7) TIE - Pittsburgh Steelers and Atlanta Falcons
    Both teams boast an impressive record against unimpressive opponents. Scratch the surface here and you may not find gold. The Steelers are yet to face a human opponent, putting a large asterisk next to their 5-1 record. The Falcons are somewhat of a mirage themselves, carried by the legs of Michael Turner, the hands of Roddy White, and an unheralded young secondary that loves to cause turnovers. Unfortunately, the Falcons Head Coach seems to lose his way against good coaching staffs, as evidenced by rough outings against the Rams and Lions. Both teams will have to prove they can beat well-coached teams before being called one themselves.

9) Tennessee Titans
    With the patience of Job the Tennessee Titans and their committed coach wear down their opponents. A steady diet of Chris Johnson and LenDale White is more than most opponents can stomach. With almost 1000 all purpose yards halfway through the season, Johnson is a bolt from the heavens striking down opposing defenses. Those kind of stat lines have allowed rookie Quarterback Dane Morrow to need to attempt only 130 passes in 7 games, en route to a 6-1 record. Go tell it on the mountain.

10) Green Bay Packers
    Two NFC North teams make it into the top ten. A turnover-hungry secondary leads the Pack to it's 5-2 start. Both losses have come to top 5 ranked teams in the Giants and Lions. For this team to flourish, however, it will have to bolster it's anemic run defense, which invited Brandon Jacobs and Jonathan Stewart the run of the house with over 230 combined yards and 2 TDs last week. The over 200 rushing and receiving yards, plus 2TDs by runningbacks against the Lions cost the Packers just as dearly. To move up, the Green Bay linebackers better hit the tackling dummies in practice this week.

11) Baltimore Ravens

At 2-4 heading into week 8, many will disagree with this ranking. But a closer look reveals the Ravens have lost mostly to the best teams as the Panthers, Browns, Chargers and Saints have harried them. The Ravens did notch a win against a good Tennessee team, however. No one has played so many good human opponents early this season. The Ravens 72-7 thumping of the Buccaneers still has Orlandans bruised and is a truer indicator of the Ravens ability. Look for the Ravens to win their next four straight to go to 6-4 and put a stop to the nay-sayers. It all starts with mortal enemies, the black and gold Steelers, this Sunday. Damn the AFC North is a tough neighborhood!

12) San Diego Chargers
    Like secret agents, the Chargers are somewhat a case of unknown identity. Alternating losses and wins all season like the Jekyll's and Hydes of the NFL, the only thing you can rely on with a Chargers game is that it will be a high-scoring affair. 31-41-31-59 were the Chargers' recent point totals heading into this week against the 49ers. Now if Philip Rivers could just play defense....

13) New Orleans Saints
    Who Dat? Who Dey?? The Saints cheer is so close to the Bengals one I can never remember which is which, but Saints fans better remember because after an 0-2 start this team has given them plenty of reasons to cheer. Winning ugly in defensive battles, and winning big games with a hailstorm of shock-and-offense. Drew Brees has been a field general for the ages, marshalling over 400 passing yards with a 21/26 for 4 touchdowns performance last week. What new miracle will the Saints perform this week? Fans can't wait to say "What dat?"... or was it "How dey?"

14) Kansas City Chiefs
    It looked like the Chiefs, like the Lions, had been reborn earlier this season when they opened with a 35-16 pasting of the stunned Bengals. The Cardinals quickly chastened the Chiefs in week two, strapping a 42-17 whipping on them. The Chiefs have been inconsistent since then, mainly due to their defense letting them down. The offense, averaging over 30 points per game has reason to gripe. They blame the defense for their woes. The defensive players, in turn, have begun griping about the defensive scheme and co-ordinator.The buck has to stop somewhere. One solace, the faithful Arrowhead red and white have not deserted their team, still filling the stadium in vociferous droves. Now give those fans something to cheer about, Chiefs!

15) Seattle Seahawks

When it rains, it pours, especially in the Pacific Northwest. This season the Seahawks have been doused by a deluge of disappointment. With Calvin Johnson''s monstrous season (312 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in just one game versus the Bucs last week), Seahawks fans expected to see their team well above .500 at the mid point of the season. Instead, fans saw an 0-2 start which dampened their enthusiasm. But the Seahawks are getting on a roll, and if it continues it shouldn't be long before the hawk-squawk is again filling QWest Stadium.

16) Denver Broncos
    After a 1-3 start the Broncos have slogged their way back uphill to 3-3, but face the powerful running attack of the Tennesssee Titans this week. In a very tight AFC West, every single game counts. Not a powerhouse on offense or defense, the Broncos tend to do 'just enough' to win each week. Will that be good enough to carry them to the playoffs? Matchups against their division rival, the Kansas City Chiefs, in weeks 9 and 11 will go a long way towards deciding that. Pedestrian stat lines for all its starters won't get it done if the Donks intend to gallop into the playoffs.

17) Dallas Cowboys
    Word is that Jerry Jones is displeased and was recently spotted on vacation in the Caribbean with one Bill Cowher. The Boys current coach better take note, as an under-performing but talent-laden roster could cost him his job. An abysmal offensive showing has the spurless Cowboys chasing at the heels of their competition. The upcoming Lions-Eagles-Titans stretch of games threatens to gun down the Cowboys at high noon and send the beleaguered head coach into permanent vacation.

18) Chicago Bears
    Guess what losing to another team does for you? Puts you below them in the power rankings. That's right windy city citizens, your loss at the hands of the careening Cowboys in week five has you below them by one rung in the ladder of futility. A loss to Lions the week after overshadows the Bears scraping by the winless Redskins. Anyone who hasn't beaten the Redskins please raise their hand. No one? Okay, point taken.

19) Philadelphia Eagles
    "This can't be right." I thought, when I saw the Eagles this low on the list. I went back through past power rankings and the last time I had the Eagles this low was during their abysmal 3-13 embarrassment in 1998 that put the front office into protective custody from Eagles fans. Now, I'm not saying Philadelphia is a rough town, but if the Eagles don't start winning lots, and soon, the 'under armor' the players and coaches get from the equipment manager better be made of kevlar.

20) Miami Dolphins
    The first appearance of a fully computerized coaching staff and front office outranking some of our human staffs. The Dolphins usually dominant running game has been little better than average this season, with the passing offense looking anemic. The Dolphins have won several games on the back of strong performances from their linebacking corps of Joey Porter, Jason Taylor and Channing Crowder, providing sacks and interceptions in droves. Still, when two of your three wins are against the Bills, your prognosis for the future doesn;t look good. Miami may sink rather than swim from here.

21) St. Louis Rams
    Thank goodness for Steven Jackson, Rams fans are saying. Without him, this team would have no offense whatsoever. The Rams have lost some close heartbreakers this season, but the coaches need to step up and run an offensive scheme that threatens defenses more. Opposing teams simply don;t feel pressured to score against the Rams, letting opponents establish a deliberate tempo which controls the game and takes the Rams out of the driver's seat. "Tell us something we don't know." bristled the Head Coach at a recent press conference when this reporter raised the issue. Unfortunately the road gets rockier for the Rams with three division-leaders on the calendar in the Lions, Cardinals and Chargers.

22) Indianapolis Colts
    The last time Peyton Manning was in this position was over a decade ago in his 3-13 rookie season. He doesn;t have the rookie excuse anymore, but a vastly improved Tennessee and a shockingly good Jags squad (about which there are already Superbowl whispers), has relegated the Colts to dwelling with the Texans at the bottom of the division. He'll have to have the season of his life to throw the Colts way out of a deep 2-5 hole in a tough division.

23) Minnesota Vikings
    Last season people thought Minnesota sold out by letting Brett Favre dictate the terms of his own arrival. One year later and Favre's value is clear. Favre brought a division title, NFC Championship game and purple pride to the city before leaving it at the altar this offseason and retiring. Sitting at 2-5 after seven weeks, the Vikings franchise is in the hands of a game, spunky rookie QB who tries to fill the legend's shoulder-pads. He's fallen short, but worse has been the Vikings inexplicable abandoning of the run and tinkering with both offensive and defensive schemes. In the first seven games the Vikings have run 108 times but attempted 208 passes. The Vikings two victories came on their highest number of attempted rushes, 18 and 28 against the Bills and Redskins. Getting back to the run won't be easy, however, with Adrian Peterson out for another 6 weeks. Vegas odds say $1 on the Vikings to win the Superbowl buys you a house if they win it.

24) Houston Texans
    The only reason the Vikings edge the Texans here is that while the Vikings have fielded a terrible offense and average defense this year, the Texans simply haven't fielded a defense at all. With the second-most points allowed in the league at 275 points, the Texans must be wondering why Mario Williams, Amobe Okoye, Brian Cushing and Demeco Ryans haven't been able to have more of an impact on opposing quarterbacks and runningbacks. For the Texans to cap this leaky well, they'll need to improve their defense. Matt Shaub, Steve Slaton and Owen Daniels move the chains well enough, but need some help on the other side of the ball.

25) New England Patriots
    What can you say when a dynasty falls on hard times? An aging defense has lost key starters and it's showing. Most shocking, however, is that the same Patriots offense which set records only three seasons ago has scored only 99 total points by week seven. At 2-4 with no offense, not since the revolutionary war have the Patriots had an uphill battle this big on their hands.

26) New York Jets
    Can't score, can't stop anyone else from scoring. That describes the sputtering Jets. Yet, in a weak AFC East, where the Dolphins lead the division with a below-.500 record, the Jets 2-5 mark is still good for second place. New York fans will be sad to hear that the Jets will be grounded come playoff time, however.

27) Cincinnati Bengals
    No winless team has played so many opponents so tough and had so many hard-fought losses. Only two of the Bengals games have been flat-out head-stompings. In all the others they kept swinging as they were beaten on repeatedly. This team is sure to win at least one game soon. Right?

28) Oakland Raiders
    Even at 3-4 the Raiders get less respect than an 0-6 team. How is that possible, rail the silver and black fans of this franchise? I make the rankings, that's how. Despite a decent defense, everyone knows that the Raiders are bereft at the three key roles in a franchise: Quarterback, Head Coach and Owner/GM. Al Davis is crazy. Tom Cable is a poorly-qualified puppet. JaMarcus Russell is a big gun with no aiming mechanism. Like a crazy ******ed hunter with a blunderbuss, all that shooting might occasionally kill them a rabbit or squirrel, but it's more by accident than on purpose.

29) San Francisco 49ers
    How many times has Mike Singletary dropped trouser this season? The answer, according to Bay area beat writers, stands at seven. Once before he leads the team onto the field for each game, and one time standing atop the Trainers' taping table after their lone victory. The Niners have made a habit of losing games by 3 points. Hopefully their kicker, Joe Nedney, can kick them to a couple more victories and let Mike Singletary double his pantless postgame celebration quota.

30) Buffalo Bills
    I'd like to use this space to praise the Anchor Bar in Buffalo for inventing the Buffalo Chicken Wing. This has given more joy to football fans everywhere than the Buffalo Bills will for the rest of this season. One bright spot, rookie QB Kelly James looks like the real deal.

31) Washington Redskins
    The Skins have managed a not-terrible 150 points through the first seven weeks, but their defense is giving away points like a Christmas giveaway. Through the air or on the ground, take your pick, Fed Ex field delivers opponents free touchdowns by both ground and air. Campbell has struggled to keep his team competitive, a burden that shouldn't be falling solely on this young quarterback.

32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    It was not long ago that the Bucs were known as ateam with a stingy Tony Dungy defense.This season, the Bucs have been outscored 287 to 100. Can you guess how many games you can win that way? That's right. Zero.

Disagree? Fire AWAY!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I feel the Lions should be number 3, and Sick and I should be tied for number 4. Say what you want, but the Lions are undefeated. And until they lose, they are better than both of us.

3. Bpk

Wow, I have never heard a guy argue for his team to get ranked LOWER. Now that's sportsmanship.

Hey, I don;t diagree, excpet to say that I have played both you and Sick, and I've played Alex twice and I think all of you are very close. I give Sick and you the nod, in part, because I feel you have more talent to work with on your rosters.

Sick has Steve Smith, Steve Smith (the other one), Braylon Edwards, a PRO-BOWL Tight End (check the stats), and DeAngelo Williams.

You have Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Stewart, Kevin Boss, Hakeem Nicks, an AWESOME rookie WR, and a great O-line to run behind.

The Lions have traded away both Calvin Johnson and Brandon Pettigrew. Kevin Smith is out injured. Their starting offense looks like this:

TE Cameron Jackson 72
    RB Aaron Brown 73
    WR Derrick Williams 74
    WR Bryant Johnson 73

That's why I rate you guys ahead of Alex for now.

(p.s. - I don;t believe on ranking just by record alone, as it doesn;t always tell the full story. I think those roster-talent differences will start to show down the stretch and in the playoffs when the level of play is very high)

4. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I guess you have a point. Didn't know Detroit lost all those players, lol.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I didn't lose them. I traded them because I don't need high overall ratings to win games. Especially at WR/TE and on defense. I prefer specific talents.

However I have no problem being ranked #5. Or rather, behind you and Sick. From playing you twice and splitting the series I know we're close in ability.

And to be Technical that isn't my starting offense LOL it's worse.

My #1 WR is a 47 overall rookie. Which I'm fine with. My other main weapon is like 57 or something.

Bpk likes this.
  6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Agree about player OVERALL ratings (especially for rookies) vs. specific individual categories specific to position....that said, agree with JAGS as the powerhouse of the NFL right now. Browns & Lions are doing everything they can to remain undefeated and work toward a long awaited return to the playoffs.

If Browns somehow go from WORST to FIRST in the League - woot what a party we will throw.....but, even, just as a Stepping Stone WORST to PLAYOFFS is huge for this franchise and the city.

:pointlol::tongue2::shifty:

Bpk likes this.
  7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Great job on the write ups...lot of time and effort for sure. Some of them are CLASSIC instantly! Love Titans....Love the Eagles!

The RACE to watch is #1 pick overall in the 2011 draft....lots of no win teams...and lots of bad rosters and performance down their....how you ever sorted that out is beyond me.:lol:

Bpk likes this.
  8. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Rams WAY TOO high IMO. That coach sucks!!!

Bpk likes this.
  9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Didn't the Eagles beat the Cowboys in the Toilet Bowl a week ago???

SICK, Big E and Bpk like this.
  10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    That wasnt me, my little sister logged on and played u under my username:up:

Bpk and BigDogsHunt like this.
  11. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    .......... :pity:

Big E, Fin-Omenal, Bpk and 1 other person like this.
  12. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Great, now I have a target on my back and BigDogs/Sick/Alex can have some bulletin board material! haha Just kidding. You put some time and effort into it and appreciate it, was interesting seeing where you think all the teams stand. Had me cracking up on some of them, "patience of Job" "raise hand if you haven't beaten the Redskins" :lol: I might try to throw one together myself if I can refrain from typing novels for each team, can't beat the Swami's though. My problem is so many of these guys joined after week 1 (Rams, Chargers, Broncos, Saints, etc.) that I forget when it was them playing and when it was the CPU. I know it's team rankings, not player rankings but hard to separate the two.

Fin-Omenal and Bpk like this.
  13. Bpk

Yes. Yes you did. And the argument could be made that the Eagles deserve #17. But I still put you at #19 to get you upset so you would come in here and say, Hey we are the toilet bowl champs, cuz I think it's funny when you beat your chest over that.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  14. Bpk

Haha. I KNEW you wouldn;t like the attention. lol. Now you know people will be very focused on playing you hard. The path to that Superbowl just got harder, Starry. No sneaking up on anyone. You're atop the rankings... for now.

And yeah, in terms of when the humans joined... I figured I would base ranking on record first.... and then recent performance because if it looked like the human player was gaining momemntum, I expected their ranking would rise anyways. So, for example, I see the Seahawks team really starting to gel so I expect them to do better. The Saints have done better since Rigo joined so I expect them to trend up.

And so on.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  15. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm happy where I am considering the rough start to the season. A couple of bad breaks cost me a game or two this season. At 4-3 with my offense beginning to find it's balance I can push for a playoff run in the tough NFC since seven of the next nine games are against humans and 7 of 9 games are against NFC opponents I hope to push it to the wire and catch some of you off guard and get the win.

16. Bpk

And THAT is why I expect to see the Seahawks a surprise playoff team.

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I have a feeeling my "simmed" loss to the Rams in week 3 will come back to haunt me!

Damn wireless....:cry:

18. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    my 275 points allowed is kind of skewed by the simple fact that Starry scored 80 on my team week 1. I didn't join to play the texans until week 2. so take away those 80 points against the cpu, and you get what MY defense has given up.

Starry31 likes this.
  19. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I did no such thing. :angel: You're actually one of the teams I disagree with some. I was going say all my agree/disagree but realized I'd have about enough for my own rankings so might do that instead.

ASUFinFan likes this.
  20. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Ravens are not 11, they suck.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  21. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    The Chiefs defense would like to thank you for giving them fuel to fire their ever continuing rage.

22. Bpk

Yeah, sorry to bag on you, bro. You're actually a good player, but in a power rankings it's not that interesting to praise every team.

Also, I think your div got harder when the Chargers guy arrived. He seems to be pretty good.

I'm not sure he'll be staying in the league though, so that might change your outlook.

23. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    It's cool man, I'm just giving you a hard time. Also when you start 4 rooks on defense some struggles are expected. However I think once my cornerbacks improve after this year it will be a more formidable defense.

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    *sits back in recliner* the only rankings that matter.....are the ones that come out after the superbowl :king:

25. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    That sounds exactly like what third place would say. :sidelol:

Just kidding, I'm lucky that if we meet this season it'll only be in the Super Bowl. I gave BpK a seventh rounder to give me props too, part of my PR campaign.

26. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Had I taken the team at that point, it would have been an easy win for you.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  27. Bpk

If I give it back can I criticize you again?

28. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Lions have the #3 scoring defense in the league. Meaning third fewest points allowed, and have played only humans thus far.

Thats championship material.

29. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I don't mind 10 I guess...although lol.....I did just barely lost to the Loins while playing with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB the entire game. I could bring up excuses for the 2nd loss, but I Wont...

30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    dupree had a great defense last year........all i did was put up 31 in the superbowl :shifty:

31. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    Sick we need to play a game again. I still owe you a rematch for that Eagles-Cowboys game and I have a feeling you've gotten a lot better since the last time we played.

SICK likes this.
  32. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    def. bro! ill be on tonight and this weekend.

33. finsincebirth

Dec 1, 2007
    I have a 19 page finance paper due on monday, but I'm going to need an hour break at some point. Let me know when you are free, just hit me up on the cell. 352-318-1424.

SICK likes this.
  34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    will do.

35. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    heh Just realized mine has you 10 too. I thought about the close loss to the Lions and the second loss there being some reason for being distracted from judging by your other post, but I tried going by records for the most part.

Would have gave you first probably but I'm a homer. :lol:

And thanks to BpK's inspiration and my boredom, here are my own rankings. Not as good as the original or funny, but a second opinion never hurts. Going go back now and compare the two to see our differences. Mine were based mainly on record and tried to stay consistent/unbiased besides my homer pick at 1. Keep in mind these are team rankings, not player skill rankings; if I had player rankings I would definitely not have myself first and a lot of people would be moved around. And also like BpK I don't mean to hurt any feelings, think any one in the list could beat anyone else but for rankings ultimately there has to be a first and last. I'll make it a spoiler so it doesn't take up a mile of screen when you don't want to see it. Just realized how close many of mine are to BpK, I promise I wasn't reading his doing mine. :lol: Just had easports.com and my ps3 on.

Click for Rankings.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

Coming into week 8 the Jaguars boast a 7-0 record and have scored the most points, while allowing the second least amount to be scored. Add to that Maurice Jones-Drew leading running backs in yards and touchdowns, along with Mike Sims-Walker hanging around the top 5 in receiving yards and on paper it's hard to argue against them. The knock on Jacksonville is they haven't faced the same level of competition that a team like Baltimore has, though that will change the second half of the season where their first games off their bye week are games against San Diego and Denver. Not to mention in the last three weeks playing their division rival Tennessee twice, and a Miami Dolphins team that gave the Jaguars a loss last season. If they can stay healthy and Garrad can get back to keeping the ball safe then they have a chance to be a contender.

2. Detroit Lions

With a stout defense and an offense that just knows how to get the job done, the Detroit Lions find themselves in unfamiliar territory at 6-0 and atop not only the NFC North, but the NFC in general. They have faced a good level of competition and beat every team that's been thrown at them, including the up to then undefeated Atlanta Falcons. Defensive rookie standout Mack Jackson is showing he was worth the first round pick and leads a Detroit defense no one looks forward to playing. The concern for Lions fans has to be the injuries to Clayton Roberson and Kevin Smith, both out for the season.

3. Cleveland Browns

What a surprise, the Cleveland Browns sitting at 7-0 after having the overall number one pick the season prior. The Browns made the most of that pick with rookie quarterback Jack English who looks to be face of the franchise for years to come, having thrown for 1700 yards and 14 touchdowns already. The Browns feature a strong offensive line that protects their first round investment and has allowed Larry Johnson to find success filling in for the injured Jerome Harrison. Like Jacksonville, Cleveland will face some tests in the second half of the season.

4. Carolina Panthers

The defending Super Bowl champion is still a force to be reckoned with, having both a potent offense and a fearsome defense. However, they find themselves at number four after having lost in week 5 against the New York Giants. Deangelo Williams is having another stellar year but it seems the loss of Jonathan Stewart has affected him. Tight end Adam Saint, drafted with the 32nd overall pick, has become Brady Quinn's go to target. Julius Peppers is as good as ever and showing he is worth every penny of his contract. First year starter Brady Quinn has done well but will need to limit his interceptions if the Panthers hope to repeat.

5. New York Giants

The Giants seem able to do something no one else can, beat the Panthers. The "Panther killers" still find themselves a spot behind Carolina though, despite winning head-to-head. Simple reason being, Carolina has a Lombardi back in Charlotte and have stronger players on both sides of the ball. That doesn't mean New York isn't a contender though, largely in thanks to their running back tandem. Jonathan Stewart and Brandon Jacobs share the load and have quickly become one of the best 1-2 punches, combining for over a thousand yards and fifteen touchdowns already.

6. Atlanta Falcons

Suffering their only loss to the undefeated Lions, the Falcons have shown they're a quality team. Matt Ryan leads an offense that features two of the league's top offensive stars in Michael Turner and Roddy White. White has become one of the premier receivers in the league, racking up 780 yards and 8 touchdowns to date. Lacking a number two receiver to pair with Roddy White, the Falcons brought over T.J. Houshmandzadeh via trade. Atlanta faces the Saints and Panthers their next two games, two tough division rivals that will go a long way in determining what the Falcons are made of.

7. Tennessee Titans

The Titans got off to a bad start after losing to last year's AFC champion Baltimore Ravens. Tennessee didn't let the early season disappointment get to them though, reeling off seven wins since then. Many were surprised to see the Titans go QB in round 1, selecting Dane Morrow from Penn State, and even more shocked to see them go QB in round 3 as well. So far it has paid off as the Titans have let Dane Morrow manage the game, preferring to put the game on the shoulders of what is becoming the best running back duo in the NFL, Chris Johnson and Lendale White. Combined the duo has amassed 1,290 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns. The impressing running attack coupled with a defense that has allowed the least amount of points makes the Titans a dangerous team. Tennessee is currently second in the AFC South but with two games still remaining against Jacksonville their fate is in their own hands.

8. Pittsburgh Steelers

Some saw Pittsburgh as the sixth best team but a disappointing loss to the Ravens this week has lowered their stock. The Steelers have been synonymous with good defense for some time, whether or not the 56 points Baltimore dropped on them is a fluke or not time will tell. Along with play makers on defense, Pittsburgh also does a good job of spreading the ball out to multiple receiving targets. The Steelers defense will be tested next week against the aerial assault of Houston, and will follow that game up with a big division showdown against the Cleveland Browns.

9. Arizona Cardinals

Arizona finds themselves in a sort of tailspin following two losses in a row, after winning five straight to start the season. Losing to the NFC powerhouse Carolina Panthers wasn't a huge surprise, but the tough loss to swallow has been the most recent one to division foe Seattle. It'll be up to the Arizona offense to get things back on track. Larry Fitzgerald is having another great season, a surprise to no one. What has been a surprise is Beanie Wells becoming one of the top running backs, currently only 75 yards away from a thousand yard season.

10. Green Bay Packers

Green Bay fell some after the stumble in New York against the Giants, but don't sleep on the boys in green and yellow. Their only other loss was to the NFC leading Detroit Lions, a loss they will be looking to exact revenge on in week eleven. The same Lions who traded Brandon Pettigrew to Green Bay, who is one of the best tight ends in the league right now. Perhaps the scariest part about Green Bay is their secondary which has already gathered 21 interceptions, and in today's passing league a good secondary is one of the ways to find yourself playing extra ball games in January.

11. San Diego Chargers

With Philip Rivers' arm, Ladainian Tomlinson's legs, and Malcom Floyd's hands, the San Diego offense is something to fear. An offense that helped the Chargers secure a big win against Baltimore two weeks ago and has lead them to a 5-2 record. San Diego fans feel they are a stronger team than what their record shows and will get a chance to prove that theory in Jacksonville next week. Perhaps an upset pick for next week, the Chargers have to be worried about their rush defense that allowed Frank Gore to, well gore them last week and come close to a win. A weak rush defense is the last thing you want when facing the league's leading rusher. If the Chargers defense can have a good game, San Diego has a good shot to really mix up the rankings next week.

12. Kansas City Chiefs

The Kansas City Chiefs find themselves tied atop the AFC West standings with San Diego. A sure favorite to win the division before the season started, the Chargers and Broncos both have shown that it's going be a fight if the Chiefs hope to prove the preseason predictions right. Matt Cassel is quietly having a solid year, having a low number of interceptions while putting up a lot of yards. On the defensive side of the ball, Tyson Jackson is having an impressive second season, recording 11 tackles for loss and 7 sacks already. The next four weeks Kansas City will be put through a gauntlet, facing the two AFC leaders in Cleveland/Jacksonville and also their division rival Denver twice. If they can make it out of there alive the Chiefs could be poised for a strong end to the season, and a dangerous team in the playoffs.

13. Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks, destined to play second fiddle in the NFC West behind Arizona. Or at least that's what most of the experts thought heading into the 2010 season. Seattle upset the favored Cardinals this week and seem to be hitting their stride. Calvin Johnson is leading the league in receiving yards, while Matt Hasselbeck may be the front runner for best quarterback at this point in the season. Read it again, yes it says Matt Hasselbeck. With recently acquired Jerious Norwood to help share the load with the aging Jamal Lewis in the running game, the Seahawk offense seems to be on track. Seattle is in a tough NFC so making the playoffs after a slow start won't be an easy task but don't bet against them.

14. New Orleans Saints

After a disappointing 0-2 start the Saints hired a new head coach and things have gone much better. Suffering a close loss in a shootout against the Cleveland Browns, the Saints followed that up with a three point victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Drew Brees has thrown for 2,384 yards and 22 touchdowns already, while Reggie Bush provided enough in the running game to keep New Orleans balanced until his injury sidelined him. Jonathan Vilma has played well, but will the Saints defense be able to play well enough to keep them winning? The Saints added Brian Urlacher via trade with the Chicago Bears to possibly answer that question with a yes. The Saints remaining schedule features games against the Falcons (twice), Packers, Cardinals, Panthers, and Seahawks so plenty of teams to test just how good this New Orleans team is.

15. Baltimore Ravens

One has to feel a little sorry for the defending AFC Champions. While the Jaguars and Browns got to enjoy a relatively easy schedule to start the season, the Ravens have had no such luxury. With a recent win against the hated Pittsburgh Steelers the AFC has been reminded who exactly won their conference last season. Joe Flacco is having another good season and has limited the turnovers that plagued him last season, while Baltimore still has plenty of playmakers on defense. With the second half of their schedule much easier the Ravens could quickly climb back into things and wipe the grin right off the Jaguars and Browns faces.

16. St. Louis Rams

Perhaps a surprise at 16, the Rams have kept their games close and not had the easiest of roads to travel. Steven Jackson is the star of the offense, helping balance out the pedestrian passing attack. With Marc Bulger, Donnie Avery, and Ronald Curry (don't I remember watching him play basketball?) there's not much the offensive co-ordinator can do. Despite the lack of firepower on offense, the Rams defense has played solid and kept them in games. It doesn't get any easier with St. Louis having what might be the hardest schedule of the remaining games left for any team.

17. Denver Broncos

Denver is a good team but after a tough loss to the Tennessee Titans the Broncos find themselves at number 17 on this list. Part of the reason for the 3-4 record is the lack of stars on offense, though Knowshon Moreno is proving himself to be a good, young running back. The veteran Champ Bailey leads a defense that has done well but will have to improve to get Denver fighting for the AFC West. Denver's next four games are against the Chiefs twice, Cleveland, and Jacksonville so they have a chance to make up a lot of ground in the AFC in a hurry.

18. Dallas Cowboys

While one hasn't heard the irritating, "how bout' dem Cowboys?" much this season, there is still hope in the big ol' state. Sure, Dallas lost the "toilet bowl" as it's been called by some against the Philadelphia Eagles, but that's not enough for me. The Cowboys just have too many good players for me to believe they're not capable of more. While their rushing game is somewhat weak, Tony Romo has done a good enough job and has plenty of weapons at his disposal. Combined with a Demarcus Ware led defense and the Cowboys are not a bad team. Losses to the Giants, Falcons, and Rams have fooled many into thinking they are a worse team than they are. The Cowboys schedule might not allow them to get into the playoffs, it will allow them to pull off an upset or two though so be ready for it.

19. Houston Texans

Ok, so the Texans still don't have a run in their playbook, yet that hasn't stopped them from having a powerful offense. Matt Schaub leads the league in passing with 2,402 yards and also thrown for 15 touchdowns; we'll have to wait and see how the loss of Andre Johnson affects their passing game though. Having to play Jacksonville and Tennessee twice a year isn't easy and has given the Texans three of their five losses. Houston has steadily improved and not only nearly missed beating the Giants, also gave the Jaguars a scare; the 80-17 nightmare on opening day a distant memory now. The Texans are similar to the Cowboys, in that the playoffs seem a reach for the time being, but don't be surprised when they pull off that upset. Perhaps the rematch against Tennessee? Watch out Titans.

20. Chicago Bears

The Bears have struggled some this season, currently standing at a 3-3 record while awaiting their upcoming game against the mighty Lions. The always strong Bear defense has stumbled a little, allowing 180 points in six games. Lance Briggs is still playing at a high level but the loss of long-time Bear Brian Urlacher may be tough to recover from. Traded for Brian Urlacher was Lance Moore, who has quickly adjusted to the offense. An offense that features a top 3 wide out in Devin Hester, and along with the aforementioned Lance Moore and Greg Olsen, has a shot to become really explosive. For that to happen Matt Forte will need to increase his productivity to give the offense some balance.

21. Minnesota Vikings

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. The runner up in the NFC last season, this season's Vikings finds Ragnar with a tear in his beard. Most of the Vikings troubles have been attributed to the retirement of Brett Favre, not helping matters was Adrian Peterson's broken collarbone. First round pick Jake Scott is no Aaron Rodgers and is finding it hard to fill a legend's shoes. With 15 interceptions and his offense only scoring 13 points in the last three games, Jake has to be feeling the pressure. However, not all hope is lost in Minnesota. Despite his struggles, Jake has thrown for 1,700 yards and has a talented young receiving corps to develop chemistry with for years to come. Minnesota has also faced a grueling schedule, expect for things to turn around some the second half of the season.

22. Philadelphia Eagles

How the Eagles head coach is still alive we don't know, 2-5 isn't exactly the kind of record Philly fans hoped for. The highlight of the season so far has been winning against their despised rival Dallas, dubbed affectionately as the toilet bowl. Not all the blame can be heaped upon the Eagles head coach though. Their long time offensive weapon Brian Westbrook was injured early on and since been traded to the Vikings. DeSean Jackson and Akeem Jordan suffered devastating injuries in their last game and aren't expected to return this season. For now the Eagles have to hope for an injury free 2011 and are relegated to playing the role of spoiler.

23. Indianapolis Colts

With the Jaguars, Texans, and Titans all hiring new coaches, the Colts quickly found themselves at the bottom of the AFC South and decided to do the same. It might be too late to get back into the mix this season, but the Colts coach has the rest of the season to prove he was the right hire. Peyton Manning means you have a chance to win any game and has thrown for over two thousand yards, while Joseph Addai is doing a good job to provide some balance. Most of their losses have been close and with a new coach 2-0, it's hard to put them at 23 but we just haven't seen enough of the new coach yet to tell.

24. Miami Dolphins

Sure, 3-4 is not exactly the record Miami wants to have but they are leading the AFC east, a position they do want to be in. With a 68% completion percentage Chad Pennington is as accurate as ever, and that's with Ted Ginn Jr. dropping seven passes. Chad's accurate arm along with Ronnie Brown fuel the Miami offense. Coupled with the impressive seasons Jason Taylor, Channing Crowder (fans no longer call him clam chowder), and Joey Porter are having, Miami is the favorite to win the AFC East.

25. Oakland Raiders

Oakland showed a lot of potential, starting the year off 3-0 and leading the AFC West. That's now a memory that's been sucked into a black hole. Part of the reason for the slide was the level of competition increased and losing Jamarcus Russell for the season. Late round draft pick Seth Sarafin has done ok filling in, throwing for a thousand yards and seven touchdowns, but the 12 interceptions have really hurt. The silver lining for Oakland is the play of the youngsters Darren McFadden and Darrius Heyward-Bey, two guys who should help Oakland have a good offense for seasons to come.

26. New York Jets

The Jets have done two things right, a week one win against Miami and a week five win against New England, other than that there hasn't been much to talk about. Mark Sanchez is showing maybe he should have stayed in school, throwing four touchdowns to ten interceptions and getting sacked twelve times. If there's anything for New Yorkers to be happy about it's the play of Vernon Gholston and the fact the AFC East is bad enough they're still right there in it.

27. New England Patriots

The Patriots have a lot in common with the Jets. They also have two wins, one against the division leading Dolphins and the other against the win less Bills. And their silver lining is also that the AFC East is still up for grabs and they are favored this week against the Jets. Tom Brady has played decent but not anywhere near what he has in the past, battling injuries along the way. Fred Taylor is their number one running back, not good news for Laurence Maroney or Patriot fans. Not to fear, Randy Moss and Wes Welker have picked up the slack on offense, but whether or not that will be enough to get past Miami is yet to be seen.

28. San Fransisco 49ers

San Fransisco is better than what their record shows but alas, 1-5 is still 1-5. A four point loss to the Cardinals and a three point loss to the Chargers still sting for 49er fans. Frank Gore remains the team's MVP, currently fourth in rushing yards with 837, many coming off last week's game against San Diego where Gore reeled off 265 yards. And Patrick Willis is still playing strong in the middle of the defense. But, and there's always a but with a 1-5 team, Shaun Hill is their quarterback. Maybe the 49ers can draft a quarterback next year and go from there.

29. Washington Redskins

Jason Campbell is top 10 in passing yards and has scored 17 touchdowns, so why the goose egg on the record? Campbell has been sacked 42 times, get that man some lineman to protect him. Clinton Portis and Devin Thomas are having solid years as well despite the poor record. The Redskins have given Jacksonville their closest game of the year, maybe the one positive for the team, as aside from the week 13 match-up with the Bucs, I'm not sure I see a win on their schedule.

30. Buffalo Bills

Being last in the worst division is as bad as it sounds, just ask the Bills fans. They might have kept games close but being win less when you have Miami, New England, and the New York Jets in your division is just sad. The one positive is the play of rookie QB Kelly James, who if not for Jack English, might would be the offensive rookie of the year up until this point. James has had no help on offense, especially from the running game, in large part due to Marshawn Lynch going down with a herniated disk. Buffalo will have to get James some play makers if they hope for him to reach his potential.

31. Cincinnati Bengals

Carson Palmer is having a good year, aided by Henry, Ochocinco, and Coles at the wide receiver position. Without any run support though the Bengals have only scored 117 points in six games. They have a chance to get their first win this week against the Buffalo Bills, or give Buffalo their first win.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ouch, last place. The 2002-2003 Super Bowl champions find their franchise in a bad spot. The once formidable defense now ranks last in points allowed. And when your silver lining is only losing your past two games by 3 and 19, you know you're in trouble. Never mind the thumping Baltimore and Carolina laid on them, 72 and 56 points respectively. Josh Freeman looks to have potential but in a brutal NFC South there's not much hope their situation will change in the near future.

36. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'd like to hear them.

37. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    How do you guys find team stats?

38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008