1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could use some help signing a petition

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by KeyFin, Feb 26, 2010.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Hi guys.

My parents live in rural NC and they are stuck on dial-up internet. AT&T has been telling them forever that they will soon have access to DSL, and in their area everyone but them have the technology (DSL ends about 1/2 mile from their community of around 30 homes). A higher up with AT&T recently told them if they start a petition and it gets a few hundred signatures they would probably get them set up, but since there obviously isn't a few hundred people living there that is not likely to happen without additional help.

I can't stand chain emails asking you to jump through circus hoops and then send it to ten friends, so instead I came to you guys. If you think my parents shoud have access to DSL, follow the link below and sign their petition. I set it up so your email address will remain confidential and it should only take a few seconds to do. If you don't want to help, no big deal...but thanks for reading anyways.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RCP28139/petition.html

2. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I signed on. Nice idea! Good luck

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks a bunch...it's just one of those wierd situations so I figured I would try to help them out.

4. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Anything for a fellow NC resident.