1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuna's stamp on Payton...Good Read!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Feb 9, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    xphinfanx and phineas64 like this.
  2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Are you kidding? The absolute favorite past time on this forum is anything from passive aggressive to flat out whining whenever this team does anything like what that article is praising.

3. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Against Manning, I can understand the move for the onside kick. Against any other offense, no way. Any possession you give to him, no matter how good the defense, is a chance that he'll take it to the house. Giving it to him on the 50 yard line, or the 20 yard line isn't all that different because once he gets in a rhythm you need a lot of luck to make a stop.

Just about any other team and I'd say that was a stupid chancy call that worked out in their favor. But for this one, yeah, I will side with it. Down 7, giving the ball back to Manning with a fresh half is just plain cause for panic if you ask me. I was rooting for the Colts and before that I figured it would be done and over going into the half.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I'm not saying I would have went for the onside kick in that situation, but I like that you can see Parcells in Payton...and also coupled with him asking to do the pre-game pep talk for the team, that he denied...I thought that was pretty awesome from Payton's point...he didn't forget where he came from, whihc is lacking in sports today...