1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A healthy addition

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by daphins, Jan 10, 2010.

1. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    This hit my inbox a few days ago and I figured I'd share. It's a 9 part lecture from a professor at UCSF about the dangers of Sugar (Fructose in particular..the first couple are slow but they're the sum of a good whole) in your diet. I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about the human body and our metabolism but he seems to make a compelling argument against sugar. I've only watched it once and will take time to watch it again and take more notes but it gets good around video 5 where he discusses what your liver does to Fructose in particular.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjxyjcvW7RE&feature=related"]YouTube- The Hazards of Sugar (Part 1 of 9)[/ame]

Enjoy and feel free to blow it up...I won't argue (hell I can't).

Edit: I had looked for the health forum but didn't notice that it was a sub forum of the lounge (didn't it used to be it's own stand alone forum?) If mod could move it, that's cool.

2. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    First law of toxicology.
    Anything in sufficient volume is a poison.

3. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is a useless law

4. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Very useful law. Dosage is the important issue for toxins, not whether or not it has the potential to be a toxin. Otherwise you'd panic about everything.

5. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    That's less the point though. From what took from this while typical sugar has no redeeming value it can be burned off by the body, where as HFCS is strickly metabolized as fat by the liver because the rest of the body doesn't know how to use it.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.