1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With two games to go Hartline

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    now has more receiving yards then Ginn did his rookie season 26/441 to 34/420.

Bess and Ginn are now tied in total career receptions.

On the positive side I thought Ginn had a decent game. Caught a couple of ball (1 over the middle) and he also did a good job of clearing the safety out on a pass to Bess.:up:

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Can Hartline have the nickname Miracle Whip after that crazy catch :lol: it works on sooo many levels.

3. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Ginn & Bess are complete opposites as type of receiver, I would be surprised if at any point while the two of them play together that Ginn ends a season with more receptions than Bess.

To be fair to Ginn I think Hartline is going to be an exceptional WR from what he's showing at this point in his career and Ginn had a crappy assortment of QB's throwing to him early on.

That being said I do think Hartline is going to prove out to be a much better receiver than Ginn over the course of his career.

PhiNomina likes this.
  4. sonn

sonn Black Mamba Club Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Henne looks like Marino compared to Lemon/Beck

DolfanTom likes this.
  5. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I just thinkit is because of where ginn was picked... no one want to see their 9th overall pick be a bust.

6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Well thats because he's a top ten pick with blazing speed that simply can't play himself into a better role than a 4th WR.

Just like Jason Allen has been the most discussed backup DB in the league around here. He's a 1st round pick that never lived up to the impact expected for the postion he was picked at and for the ridiculous amount of money paid to him to play at a high level.

NaboCane and jetssuck like this.
  7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I have liked the way Hartline has played all year but I think today is the day you say Hartline has offically arrived. Its one thing doing your job but its quite another when you create something out of nothing. You are simply a body until that but today he became a player :up:

I think we can feel comfortable now getting rid of Camarillo. His position is in good hands with Hartline IMO

Bess still needs to become more consistent in that he makes too many boneheaded mistakes still but he should be a solid slot receiver though I'm not sure he'll be a great slot receiver like some people think

Ginn is alright but he's not being used in this offense so the coaching staff needs to figure out this offseason what kind of passing game it wants. Right now we have vanilla grade school passing game. We either put some faith in Henne's arm next year or add another big possession receiver and stop pretending the passing game matters.

I think 350 yds passing today shows we should try to elevate our passing game and I'm not sure if all we need is a better passing philosophy. We do need a better TE but if Patrick Turner can learn to seperate we may have all of our receiver ingredients on hand.

We need more crossing routes and deep "chunk" plays but that takes risk and this coaching staff is going to have to accept a touch more risk in excghange for more rewardds

PhiNomina likes this.
  8. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i blame chambers. if he wasnt such a bust for us we wouldnt have drafted Ginn and instead we would have drafted Quinn which meant that we wouldnt have needed Henne and instead we would have drafted a TE or LB and we would be well on our way to a SuperBowl :lol:

GridIronKing34 and Coral Reefer like this.
  9. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Turner was a waste of a pick, it looked bad then, looks even wore now.....

We deff DON'T have all the "ingredients" at WR...

I expect them to either move or cut Ginn, anything to get him off the team....he doesn't fit on a team that you are trying to develop into a "tough team".

Camarillo isn't thrown to enough IMO, but he might be on the bubble himself.....

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Decent game? 2 catches, a muffed punt, and no field position on kick off returns. I guess to some homers that would a good game. It is bad when Dick Enberg points out how bad you have been on returns all day...and you follow it up by getting it only to the 22. Which then leads Dick to say, "like right there". Ugh...yeah, decent game. I guess compared to other games he had this year it was decent.

11. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Look, I'm not going to turn this into the 300th Ted Ginn bashing thread. I've come to terms with the fact that he's never going to be THAT guy you'd expect to get at #9 overall.

But I think at the end of the season (which will hopefully be uncapped) we have to cut ties with him. I think at this point it would be the best for both parties. Ginn needs a change of scenery and Miami needs to move on.

Having him on the roster only reminds us of the failures of past regimes. He has a very low football IQ and he's soft as a pillow, both mentally and physically. He's exactly the type of player you can't afford to have on your roster if you expect to compete for a championship.

Coral Reefer, NaboCane and jetssuck like this.
  12. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I think with regards to Ginn staying and Camarillo going that the situation should be reversed. Camarillo can get down the field enough to be a factor and he really is a backup anyway. Ginn can easily be replaced, and I don't understand why one receiver (Cam) who has out performed the other (Ginn) would be let go.

13. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Chambers is doing pretty well for KC.

In 6 games with KC...a vastly inferior team and talent to work with...he has 494 yards and 4 TD's (5 TD's overall for the season). I wouldn't call him a bust when he has a pro bowl season under his belt. He was a bust in SD for whatever reason, but not a bust with us and not a bust with KC.

14. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Not sure on Turner. Most receivers coming out of college have a hard time getting seperation and beating the jam. Alot of receivers do nothing their first year. we have to wait until next year to see whether Turner can get open. If he can get open he can make plays. More plays then the other receivers we have due to his body type. He would be a cheap version of the big bodied basketball leap type of receiver that everyone seems to want. Otheriwse you have to get Dez Bryant, Demetryus Thomas, Danario Alexander, Anquan Boldin or Brandon Marshall. Boldin and Marshall are pipe dreams IMO and adding rookies leaves you with the same risk of them taking forever to develop

receivers arent "tough" they are track guys and gym rats. The toughest receiver is a wimp compared to a lineman or linebacker

camarillo is first cut simply because we have a younger faster version in hartline. camarillo is redundant

15. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    redundancy. no other reason. its not about performance but rather what skills you bring. camarillo is good at finding soft spots in the zone and sitting down. hartline will be an expert at that by next year. you simply cant have a receiver corps of nothing but possession guys. Ginn offers speed and as you know there simply arent but a handfull of college prospects that run under a 4.4. Who we going to draft to replace Ginn that runs a sub 4.4 and why would we do that instead of drafting a linebacker or TE?

Tone_E likes this.
  16. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    he was a bust for us and san diego. he's playing better in kc then he ever did for us. just goies to show you can never completely write off anyone. then again i dont think you want to wait 7 years for a player to develop

17. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Can I just say I heart Hartline? No? Too corny? Well, OK. But, I do. Dude makes plays, that's what he does. And, he plays with such enthusiasm, and dare I say...heart?

That play today was simply amazing. What's going unnoticed (I think) is that he did what no other receiver did today...fight for the ball. He started off as the defender on that play.Then, when the ball got bobbled up in the air, he makes an unbelievable adjustment, and plucks it out of the grasp of the DB (with another practically draped all over him). Just UFB.

You know, when the FO double tapped WR's in the draft, I think they did so because they suspected Turner wouldn't pan out (or, at least that he wouldn't make an impact his first year). So, they got this kid as insurance. And, man has he ever paid dividends.

18. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I think that Hartline is likely a number 2, and Camarillo is a role player behind Bess. Other than those 3, who do we really have on the roster. Ginn in all likelihood will backup Hartline.

Running a 4.4 or less isn't the big issue. Getting open and making the catch is IMO. If the guy runs a 4.5 but makes plays then so what. Ginn's speed has not resulted in a great many catches. Yet the two guys without speed, lead the team in terms of receptions.

I'd rather have a receiver that makes plays, not Ginn, who for the most part does not. I'm not cashing Ginn, just saying that in comparison Camarillo makes more plays over the course of the game than Ginn does.

I can't continue to play potential, over production. Ginn still needs to arrive, the other players in all relative terms has.

jetssuck, NaboCane and TiP54 like this.
  19. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol.....dude CC was twice the receiver Ginn was or ever will be. Not saying I'm this huge CC fan but you're calling him a bust and Ginn isn't?

NaboCane likes this.
  20. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Heartline is our #1 right now.
    Now imagine us getting a real number 1, Heartline playing vs second DB and bess, cam running around underneath?
    All of a sudden, our WR corps would look alot better.
    Ginn wil remain a glorified kick returner and deep threat.

21. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Well Turner was never that great of a prospect to begin with......a huge reach in the 3rd round.

As far as WR.......being scared to draft and develop someone is why we ended up fielding misfit QB's for a decade.

22. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    So here is the question:
    Do we dish out big bucks for a big name wide out?

23. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    if ginn is the same next year as he is this year then he will be a bust just as CC was. CC was a perfect example however. Just like Ginn he flashed potential while never becoming consistent enough to rely on. Although the general rule is 3 years, with CC you had to give him that 4th year just as you have to with Ginn IMO. They flash too much potential to cut with nothing in return. You have to let them play out their 4th year and hope the consistency comes to their game. With CC, nothing changed so you had to get rid of him. If Ginn still is up and down next year you will have to cut your losses. but I almost guarantee he wont be cut next year. They wont cut him without a replacement and I highly doubt they feel the same about him as the fans here do. maybe they can trade him to a colts or other elite passing team that would know how to use him but i doubt that happens

24. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I dont know if Ginn will be with us following this up and coming off season; but one of the two sides needs to prepare themselves....hahahahahaha

25. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    You know fellas there is a perfectly good Ted Ginn thread we can argue about him in.

:lol:

eric and jetssuck like this.
  26. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Honestly, I think the opportunity that an uncapped year in 2010 provides us with regards to Ginn (allowing us to cut him without the massive cap hit hindering our ability to build the rest of the roster) outweighs any positives that Ginn might provide this team in his 4th year.

I would think a majority of Dolphin fans (and hopefully the Front Office) has seen enough of Ginn to know what he is, and more importantly, what he is not.

NaboCane likes this.
  27. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I dont think he will be going anywhere at least for one more year just because it would be too expensive to cut him, and nobody would give us anything for him.

28. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    He's just not worth it......just too limited. If you can scam someone into giving us even a 7th round pick for him then I think you have to get rid of him and that contract for the sake of the team.

Honestly I'd be surprised if he's here next year....the only thing that keeps him here is being too expensive to cut. And even that might not matter.

eric and NaboCane like this.
  29. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    that game wore me out....maybe tomorrow :lol:

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  30. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    but you cant have a team of possession guys. thats what i'm saying. there was a reason we overdrafted Ginn and that was because we had a receiving corps of Chambers, Booker and Hagan. We cant go back to that. We have passed for 905 yards in the last three games. Seriously, how high on the list of priorities is going to be upgrading a receiving corps that is allowing you to throw for 300 yards per game?

in the 70s we had a no name defense. in the 2000s we will havwe a no name offense. the circle is complete

31. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

OK, so I was trying to be nice.... :)

jetssuck likes this.
  32. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I agree with adam on this one. I'd keep Ginn one more year just in case. He flashes potential, and he might need one more year to show that he can be a good receiver. I don't want to trade him or release, then watch him bust out for another team.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  33. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    :lol: we ALL need that thread to stay closed!!! :hi5:

jetssuck and Crappy Tipper like this.
  34. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Only one?

eric, adamprez2003 and Crappy Tipper like this.
  35. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    whatever it takes..

36. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    and if ginn is here, you will admit you are wrong and the fo is right?. i am more than happyt to trustr the FO's judgement on this one. are you?

37. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Yardage isn't indicated on the scoreboard.....we need scoring threats.

Your view on the WR position would absolutely guarantee that this team goes no where....

38. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i compare it to that grave where the evil serial killer was buried but the high school kids want to dig up for halloween. what could possibly go wrong?:death:

39. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    LOL, the above post was strictly my opinion. I don't pretend to know more than the Front Office with regards to this situation and neither should you. That said, isn't that why message boards were created? To express opinions?

My opinion is that this team would be better off without Ted Ginn and his massive contract. Apparently you feel differently. That's fine, we'll see what happens.

40. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    My opinion is we should trade for Jackson and sign Jackson. Then, we will have the best core of receivers in the league and they will both have the same last name.

adamprez2003 and jetssuck like this.